***OFFICIAL GOLD VS MAROON MINNESOTA GOPHERS SPRING GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Annexstad is definitely close to Morgan, but I don't think he showed anything today that would win the position outright. I think if he hadn't hurt his foot in 2019 we would be in a different spot, but the extra playing season has definitely helped Morgan keep the lead.
Annexstad is a threat to run. Tanner a shade better in decision making?

Huskers spring game next, might watch it. damn it want to be at a bar. felt good to see ppl in the stand, regardles of numbers

Another guy who had a good game at LB is Derik LeCaptain. W/O who has some size and talent. I think our DL and LBs, which were a soft spot in 2020, will be a strength this year. Transfers plus a year of maturation for the young guys.

I think Kramer played one series, surprised me a bit we didn't see more of him or clark.

Clark had me with his long TD pass
Clark was one the “not playing” list they showed before the game. Might be nicked up?

Clark was one the “not playing” list they showed before the game. Might be nicked up?

gotcha, yeah, sounds like PJ was extra careful, even sore anything and you were out.

I think its a smart move considering how we look stacked. If we make it to the season 100% healthy, we could be dangerous.

gotcha, yeah, sounds like PJ was extra careful, even sore anything and you were out.

I think its a smart move considering how we look stacked. If we make it to the season 100% healthy, we could be dangerous.
Deepest team across the board that I can remember. Huge change (upgrade) in D this year, I believe. Terrell Smith will play a lot. Linden berg is a beast. Might not see the full improvement against tOSU, but we will as the season wears on.

Got a couple of tickets and had a good time. It felt like 500 people there though. Most students were/are getting plastered instead of watching football.

Got a couple of tickets and had a good time. It felt like 500 people there though. Most students were/are getting plastered instead of watching football.
The 10000 ticket giveaway was a joke....Could have easily had general admission, lower level with people spread out.

Annexstad is definitely close to Morgan, but I don't think he showed anything today that would win the position outright. I think if he hadn't hurt his foot in 2019 we would be in a different spot, but the extra playing season has definitely helped Morgan keep the lead.
He looked hesitant at times to me.... granted the WRs imo weren't giving him a lot to look at.

The Gophers are fortunate have two good options at QB. it gives plenty of time for other guys developing.

Tanner Morgan cam in with PJ Fleck's first recruiting class in 2017. Vic Viramontes and Zak Annexstad from the 2018 class. Viramontes didn't make it pass Spring. Cole Kramer and Jacob Clark came in the 2019 Class. No QB as far as I know in the 2020 class. Athan Kaliakmanis comes this Fall, and Lonenoa Faoa is a walk on in the 2021 class.

I presume Tanner and Sam Pickerign will be done after this season. It will be Annexstad's team if he chooses to stick it another year with Kramer and Clark battling for backup. Kaliakmanis will red shirt unless he is an absolutely college ready.

The Gophers QB Room is sitting pretty good.

2Tanner MorganQB6-2215Union, Ky. / Ryle
5Zack AnnexstadQB6-3220Norseland, Minn. / IMG Academy
11Lonenoa FaoaQB6-1230Las Vegas, Nev. / Liberty
12Cole KramerQB6-1205Eden Prairie, Minn. / Eden Prairie High School
15Jacob ClarkQB6-5225Rockwall, Texas / Rockwall High School
19Samuel PickerignQB6-4230Alpharetta, Ga. / Minnehaha Academy
Athan KaliakmanisQB6-4205Antioch, IL / Antioch

The Gophers are fortunate have two good options at QB. it gives plenty of time for other guys developing.

Tanner Morgan cam in with PJ Fleck's first recruiting class in 2017. Vic Viramontes and Zak Annexstad from the 2018 class. Viramontes didn't make it pass Spring. Cole Kramer and Jacob Clark came in the 2019 Class. No QB as far as I know in the 2020 class. Athan Kaliakmanis comes this Fall, and Lonenoa Faoa is a walk on in the 2021 class.

I presume Tanner and Sam Pickerign will be done after this season. It will be Annexstad's team if he chooses to stick it another year with Kramer and Clark battling for backup. Kaliakmanis will red shirt unless he is an absolutely college ready.

The Gophers QB Room is sitting pretty good.

2Tanner MorganQB6-2215Union, Ky. / Ryle
5Zack AnnexstadQB6-3220Norseland, Minn. / IMG Academy
11Lonenoa FaoaQB6-1230Las Vegas, Nev. / Liberty
12Cole KramerQB6-1205Eden Prairie, Minn. / Eden Prairie High School
15Jacob ClarkQB6-5225Rockwall, Texas / Rockwall High School
19Samuel PickerignQB6-4230Alpharetta, Ga. / Minnehaha Academy
Athan KaliakmanisQB6-4205Antioch, IL / Antioch
Why wouldn't Tanner return?

1. Still concerned about the new OC. Really wish Ciarocca didn’t leave. Maybe PJ will get him back after this season.

2. LB transfer #47 Gibbens looks good.

3. DL transfer #5 from Clemson Pinckney looks good.

4. Looks like a deep team, especially on the lines.

5. Repeat of #1. Just hope there is a rhythm on offense with the play calling and getting the plays off.

6. Kicking game still doesn’t look good. Special teams needs to step up this year.

7. Gonna need some receivers to step up.

8. I think the defense may be pretty good. Depends on defensive back play and staying healthy.

1. Still concerned about the new OC. Really wish Ciarocca didn’t leave. Maybe PJ will get him back after this season.

2. LB transfer #47 Gibbens looks good.

3. DL transfer #5 from Clemson Pinckney looks good.

4. Looks like a deep team, especially on the lines.

5. Repeat of #1. Just hope there is a rhythm on offense with the play calling and getting the plays off.

6. Kicking game still doesn’t look good. Special teams needs to step up this year.

7. Gonna need some receivers to step up.

8. I think the defense may be pretty good. Depends on defensive back play and staying healthy.
Kirk quit... twice...

I dunno man....

I think Tanner is the starter without a doubt. Zack threw 2 picks today. I like that we have 2 solid QB’s though, and the 2 behind them I like too. I favor Clark over Kramer. I’m sure Fleck wants them to complete but there’s no way Morgan isn’t your starter after the last 3 years.

Regarding the OC...I think it's fair to make 2019 the metric to measure this year against.

Each season has it's strengths and weaknesses across personnel and positions, but the fact is good coordinators figure out the schemes that provide consistency from year to year.

I am one of those who thought losing Ciarocca was not good. Obviously his ship has had some rough waters after leaving our boat.

To the degree the QB and OC need to be on the same page, that was not the case in 2020. I will be concerned about the OC if the "good, proficient" Tanner is not back this season, especially if he has the extra second (or even 2) that a good line can provide.

Fortunately, looks like Autman Bell will step up...need the new kids to be there when he is being double-teamed.

There was a COVID trace that kept some players out is what I heard

Daniel Jackson, Dylan Wright, BradyBoyd, Lemeke Brockington, Mike Brown-Stephen, - We have some really good candidates to step up.
There's like four receivers with hyphenated last names...maybe that's one of Fleck's recruiting success secrets?

Top Bottom