***OFFICIAL GOLD VS MAROON MINNESOTA GOPHERS SPRING GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!! FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! FANS ARE BACK IN TCF BANK STADIUM!!!!!

We've got celebrity guest coaches, we have young players getting valuable snaps, we have beautiful weather, we have FLECK!, we have fans, we have FOOTBALL!!!

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON, WHALEN, FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone going? I can’t watch it. Please post thoughts.

Who calls the first TO as the play clock is nearing zero, Whalen or Johnson?
Won't be able to watch it live, but I am recording it to watch it later.
Should be one of the better spring games ever because of the number of players on campus right now....Thank you covid and NCAA for granting an extra year and also for The U in allowing those that wanted to stay an extra year.

Dang, lots of inactives. The two I'm most bummed about are Ky Thomas and Dylan Wright. I was especially eager to see Wright given his flash in practices and the fact he'll almost certainly see heavy reps in the fall. Oh well...at least we're watching football today!

Dang, lots of inactives. The two I'm most bummed about are Ky Thomas and Dylan Wright. I was especially eager to see Wright given his flash in practices and the fact he'll almost certainly see heavy reps in the fall. Oh well...at least we're watching football today!
I agree those two I really wanted to see today. Oh well no biggie.

Lol...
10000 fans?????....I'm here ....maybe 1500-2000
I just texted my kids (U students) and told them to try and talk their way in since it looks like there is only about 2k there. She replied with this...

“A lot of students who got the tickets are posting on the class Facebook pages trying to sell them and saying best offer gets them even though they were free”

Love the spring game because every play is a positive. No gain? Great job D -- like those great stops by Lindenberg and Pinckney. Nice gain? Way to go O -- like the opening throws by Annexstad and Morgan.

Interesting so far:
1. Nice looking jet sweep by true freshman CORNER Justin Walley.
2. Opening play by Morgan was a very 2019 RPO for a nice completion to CrAB.
3. Reverse pass by MBS to Morgan for a TD lol.
4. Nice open field tackle by Calvin Swenson on Cam Wiley
5. Awesome stop on 4th and 1 by Pinckney. He totally dominated Dunlap 1:1 and shed him easily.
6. Nice tackle on a 3rd and short by Lindenberg. He did a great job shedding a block/crossing face in pursuit. He looks way bigger as has been noted on this board already.
7. Annexstad has pulled TWO zone read options for big gains.

Annexstad looks REALLY good.
Bryce Williams looks much improved and decisive with his cuts.
LBs -- particularly maroon team -- look a lot better. Lindenberg and Gibbens have both made really nice plays.

Morgan looked better on his first series than Zack, but Zack having a great second series. Definitely open competition into the fall between them

Does anyone know why Jason Williamson is not playing in the spring game?

Glad we got Pinckney and Gibbens. Strengthening the middle noticeably. Lindenberg looks good. I like Wiley but he still goes down on ankle tackles ...

CAB has still got it.
That he does. Man, I've been so worried about WR this offseason, but he's a star. Good route runner, great hands, wins almost every 50-50 ball.

More takeaways from me so far:
  • Super impressed by the maroon D ability to stop the run game. The gold team has a studly OL, but Pinckney, Joyner, Striggow, Lindenberg, Gibbens, et al are really doing a great job
  • So nice to have two reliable QBs. Annexstad looks totally comfortable.
  • Can't wait for the new kickers to arrive :)

Annexstad may have the size and wheels to replace Green (not sure of injury risk....) and is a more reliable passer. Get him on the field. Good competition for Morgan.

Top Bottom