***OFFICIAL GOLD VS MAROON MINNESOTA GOPHERS SPRING GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Williams, Potts, Wiley. We got ourselves a horse stable! We haven't even seen Irving or Thomas.

Yup, Williams sure looks thick.

IMHO, the Pandemic gifted Minnesota with the extra year of eligibility. This is just the break that they needed to catch up on depth.
Well, it is a great thing for the coming season but we have to wait to see how much playing time guys get who are eligible to return. We could be playing a lot of guys with no experience after this year. Time will tell. We generally haven't played backups much.

Got a couple of tickets and had a good time. It felt like 500 people there though. Most students were/are getting plastered instead of watching football.
Literally did not see this at all. Students I saw were into watching. Did not see a single "plastered" student.

Well, he was walking on one foot for a year...but I don't know if it was the back foot? :)
WMFD5fs.gif

Literally did not see this at all. Students I saw were into watching. Did not see a single "plastered" student.
Not at the game. Most stayed back at parties hence the smallish crowd.

I was talking about the students who didn't go to the game. They stayed back at the many parties happening today. I was at the game and walked by a lot of parties on my way.

I was talking about the students who didn't go to the game. They stayed back at the many parties happening today. I was at the game and walked by a lot of parties on my way.
So plastered at 10:30AM.

If he were to come back, he would clearly need to make a strong commitment. But then would he be happy?
What would a strong commitment be tho?

I guess his whole family could move....not sure if ask a guy to do that, but I guess that would have to be the commitment.

Was he unable to return to his old form after the torn ACL (?) injury?

The Gophers are fully stocked at RB.

21Bryce WilliamsRB6-0215R-Jr.Sarasota, Fla. / Cardinal Mooney
1Cam WileyRB6-2210R-So.Las Vegas, Nev. / Desert Pines
8Ky ThomasRB5-11205R-Fr.Topeka, Kan. / Topeka
3Treyson PottsRB5-11210R-So.Williamsport, Pa. / Williamsport
31Kendall MooreRB5-11195R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / East Ridge
25Preston JelenRB5-10210R-Jr.Prior Lake, Minn. / Prior Lake
4Mar'Keise IrvingRB5-10190Fr.Country Club Hills, Ill. / Hillcrest
24Mohamed IbrahimRB5-10210R-Sr.Baltimore, Md. / Our Lady of Good Counsel

Perhaps he was a medical retirement retirement, and the U has agreed to honor his four-year scholarship. I really did want to see him on the field, but health is paramount.

Was he unable to return to his old form after the torn ACL (?) injury?

The Gophers are fully stocked at RB.

21Bryce WilliamsRB6-0215R-Jr.Sarasota, Fla. / Cardinal Mooney
1Cam WileyRB6-2210R-So.Las Vegas, Nev. / Desert Pines
8Ky ThomasRB5-11205R-Fr.Topeka, Kan. / Topeka
3Treyson PottsRB5-11210R-So.Williamsport, Pa. / Williamsport
31Kendall MooreRB5-11195R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / East Ridge
25Preston JelenRB5-10210R-Jr.Prior Lake, Minn. / Prior Lake
4Mar'Keise IrvingRB5-10190Fr.Country Club Hills, Ill. / Hillcrest
24Mohamed IbrahimRB5-10210R-Sr.Baltimore, Md. / Our Lady of Good Counsel
I love this roster. Lots of talent and speed coming up behind Mo. I wish there were one 240 pounder, however, a Kobe McCrary type. Just for the change of pace.

I love this roster. Lots of talent and speed coming up behind Mo. I wish there were one 240 pounder, however, a Kobe McCrary type. Just for the change of pace.
The Gophers have been out recruiting the existing roster(s) true to PJ Fleck's prior statements.

Yup, we need a low center of gravity bowling bowl back, a bigger version of Mo to mow down and punish opposing Defenses in the final quarter.

It is a thing of beauty to watch when everyone knows what you are going to do, but they can't stop you. Then, bang! A long TD bomb to a WR to kill any hopes that opponents have.

Mo just single handedly and elusively grind out that few extra yards. The opposing D spend extra energy to stop him almost every time. That final Gopher possession against Auburn is something that I will always remember.

Pretty clear from that depth chart what "type" of body the coaches are looking for in their RBs. Personally I don't think you need a big back, you just need multiple options so that you can try and take a few carries off your main guy.

Of course having said that, Mo seems to be super durable and capable of getting a ton of carries every game so who knows.

Excited to see what some of these kids can do.....just hope we don't get a good look at them until the 2022 season as one more full year of watching Mo do what he does is the best case scenario.

Top Bottom