*** Official Game Thread - Minnesota vs. Texas ***

Shot clock violation costs us a dunk?

Ouch, we needed that 3.

Abrams killing us. Stick someone on him like glue. 7/11 from 3's.

Hoff is too slow to stay with Abrams.

thats the game 1 and done, untell we reach a sweet 16, were in monson era.

any thoughts on just putting nolan on abrams the whoe time and westy on the point??? their point cant due anything plus having someone who has 3 inches on abrams could get a better hand in his face

well, it was a nice run, but this game is over. it seems like every team we play shoots lights out from 3 regardless of their 3pt%

because our 3 point defense is terrible...its been terrible since the michigan game in ann arbor. I won't count the gophers out yet

any thoughts on just putting nolan on abrams the whoe time and westy on the point??? their point cant due anything plus having someone who has 3 inches on abrams could get a better hand in his face
Makes sense, but with Nolen having 3 fouls I doubt he'll be on their best scorer.

Every single team the Gophers play against is lights out from 3-land, this game is certainly no different. I wonder if we've approached the mark for either (1) 3-pointers scored against in one season or (2) 3-point percentage against in a season. I can't see any chance that the 2008/2009 Gophers are any less than 95 to 98 percentile for NCAA history in either category.

well, it was a nice run, but this game is over. it seems like every team we play shoots lights out from 3 regardless of their 3pt%

Agree. Game over. We cannot run with them... or any team that is 10/15 from 3 point range with 11 g*#d*&* minutes to go.

There is time left. I agree that we should stick Nolan on him.

Abrams is amazing. Get in his face, put on the press and see what happens.

Well, it's the story of the season I guess. We get killed from the 3 point line and lose.

Nice carry that Ward got away with, ends up with a layup + foul after not getting call YAY

Two missed layups. Panic mode has set in with over 9 minutes to play.

And....another cheap call against Nolen. If they called them this cheap against Texas, we'd be ahead.

And Joseph gets away with a travel for the first break all half the Gophers get from the refs - and he misses the wide-open 3. Hoff missing 2 wide-open 3's this half helped none either. Very disappointing half of basketball, and a total failure to adjust to the hot shooter on the other team, as typical.

abrams starts getting cold and we are right back in this...still a lot of time left even though CBS thinks its over as they are already talking about their time filler stories...really dont care who was who's algebra teacher

11/18 from the 3 point line. Wow, hard to beat a team that hits 11 three's (with a quarter of the game left).

How many wide open 3's had Texas had. The only one that I've seen contested is the last one by Abrams and he was just throwing it up since he couldn't miss. There was atleast two times where Westbrook was right on him but didn't even put a hand up, just stood there and watched him shoot.

wow, they FINALLY called Pittman for an over-the back again?

The Gophers shooting percentage at 38 %. Need to do a whole lot better then that. If they shot at least 45 %, they would be in the game.

Time for some Tubby magic. Not over yet.

Top Bottom