*** Official Game Thread - Minnesota vs. Texas ***

and Texas come back down with a back breaker 3 pointer. ouch. Halftime. 39-35.

that 3 for Texas was a given... that happens EVERY game. Usually it is preceded by a turnover, so at least that didn't happen.

A.J. is killing us. We need to stop pittman and contain abrams in the second half. I have faith in Tubby

This is one fine BB game....Go Gophers!!!!!!

Well, Texas sure has looked good so far, and that said we're only down by 4 at half. Of course, we haven't looked too bad for once either, though that stretch near the end of the first half sucked. I wonder if Hoff's 3 will open things up; the only way we win this game, IMO is if Hoff hits at least 3 more 3-pointers...

American up 10 to Villanova? Holy crap I only picked Vanilla to win it all (I played one free bracket total). And Michigan up 3 against Clemson - no surprise there, Michigan could go on a good run this tourney depending on how they shoot 3's.

Akron also up 3 over Gonzaga, which means we're the only lower seed to be behind at half in the 4 games on now.

I say we lose by 10-12 this game, I just don't see Texas missing enough 3's for us to win.

I like our chances ... Tough D, make more FT's ... keep the TO's like in the 1st half .. Go Gophers.

Texas' offense is dominant right now. They have the inside game working as well as outside. We need to change it up with a zone or something, or anything to get them out of rhythm.

Got to have 2 of the 3 to win: luck, more 3's, fewer unforced turnovers.

In the first half, all 3 went the Longhorns way. If the Gophers turn the tide in 2 of the categories, they can win this game.

Time for a new strategy on Abrams. he is killing us.

Why not go 2-3 zone? We're losing them on man, and it would allow a quick double team anytime their posts touch it. It's at least a shot for a few possessions...

I've tried that, but all I get is a white screen. It must be some darn Norton security or IE/Firefox browser setting, but I'll damned if I can figure out which one!

I think you need to download something like "Silverfox" for WMPlayer. Not sure. But the picture and sound are great for a webcast. Unfortunately, the picture and sound are better than the Gophers' play this 2nd half, and you might not want to watch it if it continues to be ugly. Two questionable calls against the Gophers this half (foul on Nolen, foul on Iverson) have hurt.

Do we have the personnel...

...to run a 1-3-1? That defense gives us fits...

Top Bottom