***OFFICIAL*** Game Day Thread @ UNLV 8/30

We are still Minnesota, and these announcers are so UNLV.

My take is - every time that Gray runs the ball, his next couple of passes lack touch and accuracy. They need to work on calming him between plays because we has a couple of chances at TD's - like the first drive. Kicking problems continue....

Has Gray missed Rabe high both times in the endzone? My stream isn't great quality and its tough to tell?

OK then. 7-3 halftime. Gotta get sharp, gotta do a LOT of things better. But we can do it, we've shown flashes. Get it done.

After 1 half I say we show a lot of promise but also a lot of areas of concern...

Wonder what Kill is saying... At half that is. I do see some good things though. Some things we gotta work on but overall I'm not disappointed.

This team is not strong enough to overcome 17 yard punts and 33 yard missed field goals. Put an ad in the Daily for K or P wanted:(

Sloppy and pathetic. So much for Gray improving. His terrible accuracy is the single biggest problem so far.

Wow! Without improvement, this could be a very ugly season. I was hopeful for 6 wins, but they wont beat Western Michigan and Cuse' playing like this. Kill has his hands full as usual.

If you're looking for monster stats out of the offense, no one player will have any. Lots and lots of guys are going to be involved. Defense has had some nice pressure. Bending and not breaking and whatnot. Way too many penalties and mistakes, although those are to be expected during the first game. Buckle up and go get em in the second half. Lucky to have the lead, despite clearly outplaying UNLV.

Good thing is guys, we have been a 2nd half team. So, hopefully we can turn it on in the 3rd quarter.

if we can hang a crooked number in the 3rd, we can still make this convincing and shut the critics up for a week.

I think as players and fans, its time for Minnesota the U, to be confident and KNOW they are gonna win. Lets hopefully see that in 2nd half, unlv was bad last year.

We played alot better vs USC last year in 2nd half.

Two safeties?

Thinking something like 21-10. We're getting quite a bit on offense but can't finish. Averaging about 7 yards a play. I'm banking on it coming together in the 2nd half. Or, maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic :)

my two cents, STOP WEARING THE WHITE OVER WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S WAY TO BREWSTER-ESQUE AND WHEN YOU LOOK LIKE BREWSTER'S TEAMS, YOU PLAY LIKE BREWSTER'S TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!! Every single away game should be white over maroon or white over gold, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, 'nuff said.

Gray has been hit and miss, he's had good passes and some BAD misses... our O-line is still NOT dominating nor controlling. Our D-line started off very soft and punchy but have come together for some good pressure on the qb and decent run stops, but we have got to start playing down and start controlling at the line or this season will be EXACTLY like last year... we need IMPROVEMENT!

First 2 possessions will tell the story. Can we stop them and then score? That could start the momentum to get a blowout going. Will we let them score and then stall? That could make it a nailbiter. Gosh for once I just want to pound one of these cupcakes!

Top Bottom