***OFFICIAL*** Game Day Thread @ UNLV 8/30

Would you like to point out his terrific supporting cast? He hasn't been good. No doubt. He was supposed to be our leader and this is pathetic.

Of course his supporting cast has been bad, but that doesn't excuse the fact that Gray is making errors that the QB for any JV team wouldn't make.

How many TD's did Gray miss?

This game should be over with and the guys with their first W.

OT? Now its anyones game

The one thing I don't get is people claiming a HS player wouldn't make these mistakes. I think a HS QB would look much worse in this game.

Realistically if Gray could pass they could be up 30-13 right now, easy.

Unlv is gonna get killed this year. Pass coverage is horrible.

I think people are being too hard on Gray. He looked horrible like this last year and was actually pretty good by the end of the year. The problem is his starting point this year isn't Illinois, it is New Mexico State. Not exactly a good sign for this season, which suddenly looks like another 3-9 unless he can start to get his throws within 10 yards of his target.

The one thing I don't get is people claiming a HS player wouldn't make these mistakes. I think a HS QB would look much worse in this game.

Worse? Probably. Much? Well, that is very arguable.

Should be a blow out...Hate to say it, but missing one or two wide open receivers is one thing, but how many has he missed...5, and most of them would be either for TDs or close to TDs.

Max should get first team reps this week at least. If Gray is this bad against the mighty wildcats, he will booed off the field and Kill will have no choice.

Not only did he miss several throws but there were some short completions (one of them to KJ Maye) in the first half, where it looked like Rabe was open deep over the middle.

Not the better ones like Shortell or Nelson. I think either of those guys can throw the ball 10x than Gray. Whether or not Nelson would know the plays well enough yet is a question though.

Of course his supporting cast has been bad, but that doesn't excuse the fact that Gray is making errors that the QB for any JV team wouldn't make.

I'm simply saying that it is not out of the question to assume that he should be our best offensive player. He should. This has been unacceptable though.

Overtime with UNLV feels like going to the wire with South Dakota State feels like losing to North Dakota State feels like...

Top Bottom