As far as last night goes.
- Carrington: Really impressed with his defense last night, seems the most polished on team defense among freshman, got some boards, couple steals, some tips, made a couple of three's, I like Henley starting and Carrington coming in, play the one at the end who is having the better night.
- Henley: Too many turnovers last night, while he's not as consistent as Carrington I can see that he has more athleticism and a higher ceiling, just needs to settle in.
- JOJ: Plays like a bull in a china shop, like Henley just needs to settle down a bit, I'd like to see him grab more boards on defensive end, think that's the next step in his game.
- Payne: Would have like to seen more of him than just the 18 minutes last night and hopfully his teamates can find him more, get him more touches on offense.
- Cooper: Thought his defense was better last night, Miller's a good player and he made him work for his points. Does a good job of taking his and getting everyone involved in the offense. I'd harp on his free throws but he made six in a row down the stretch when we needed them, but the overall percentage for a PG needs to be better.
- Samuels: Played ten minutes, I think that's perfect for him they were well timed minutes, Ben seemed to sense when the freshman were getting a little rattled and Samuels was a calming pressence, CMU dared him the shoot and he delivered a couple times.
- Treyton: He was much better tonight, we still need him to rebound better, but his positional defense is so much better this year, we don't need to change our scheme anymore when he is in. Made a couple of three's, had a nice dunk. 10-15 minutes is probably the right amount of time for him.
- Garcia: Need him to play bigger on defense as well. Think he had about eight points taken away from him due to questionable at best calls, but he still got his. Made some big shots in the second half. Excited for him once Battle is back.
- Ramburg. I think we will still see 8-10 minutes of the Pride of Grand Maris when Battle is back. Will brings the energy on defense think he lead us in boards last night, hustles, gets a couple back door cuts a game, he's earned his spot and that scholly is well deserved.
Overall, thought we did a great job on team defense the Freshman are further along there than I thought they wold be and the effort is good, we are just a terrible rebounding team. I think Battle will help some that, Cooper and Carrington are good at it for guards, no complaints from Payne, but TT, Garcia and JOJ have to be better at that, I have the most faith in JOJ improving that aspect of his game, think that's his next step, but TT and Dawson, they just don't have that mind set. That's why Parker Fox will get minutes if he ever gets healthy.
Free Throws, ideally if you have 27 FT you should hit on 21 or 22, we hit on 15, grant it we made eight in a row in the final two minutes to ice it. When Nate Mason was a Freshman he was a terrible FT shooter, but was much better the rest of his career, I think Carrington and Henley will become more reliable as they settle in and become more confident in their abilities to be Big Ten players. I think Cooper could to an extent as well, transferring up, it's an adjust ment for him, but right now it's tough to watch.
Cal Baptist they just went into Washington and won by nine, should be a good test and contrast of styles, they look like they like to play four guards and one big, should be interesting to watch.