Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

yes he did

From the article:

“I've known Brad Davison since he was in eighth grade. I will vouch for his character until the day I die, just like I will for anybody else, my guys in my locker room. I will go to bat for them. I've got their back completely, and I do not agree with, like I said, this punishment that was handed down.”

Gophertroll84 will see this as a true positive that the coach will have "their back completely", just like I have the backs of my kids completely.

But sometimes you've got to put your foot in their asses (metaphorically speaking, we have never physically punished our kids) to change behavior.

It's clear Gard does not care to bring the hammer down to change behavior.

Sometimes
Exactly. We can blame Davidson all we want but it’s a top down issue. Whether Gard admits he encourages it or not, he still condones it implicitly by permitting it to happen for over half a decade at this point. Surprised he’s been able to distance himself from Davidson’s dirty deeds for so long while maintaining a pure reputation.
There's no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner.

From the article:

“I've known Brad Davison since he was in eighth grade. I will vouch for his character until the day I die, just like I will for anybody else, my guys in my locker room. I will go to bat for them. I've got their back completely, and I do not agree with, like I said, this punishment that was handed down.”

Gophertroll84 will see this as a true positive that the coach will have "their back completely", just like I have the backs of my kids completely.

But sometimes you've got to put your foot in their asses (metaphorically speaking, we have never physically punished our kids) to change behavior.

It's clear Gard does not care to bring the hammer down to change behavior.
And again we don’t know if the foot had been put up his ass or not. If it was done, it’ll be done non publicly like it should.

I meant to say anyone who's been around the kid has nothing negative to say about him despite his plays on the court. It was an error on my part.
Not really true. I know many in the basketball community who think he is a real jerk on the floor. Not as bad off the floor, but not a fun guy to play with or against with how he carries himself.

Not really true. I know many in the basketball community who think he is a real jerk on the floor. Not as bad off the floor, but not a fun guy to play with or against with how he carries himself.
Correct, on the floor is an issue. Off the floor I haven’t heard anything but positive. Of course haven’t talked to many at all about him recently. It was more so when he was actually in high school and being recruited.

Correct, on the floor is an issue. Off the floor I haven’t heard anything but positive. Of course haven’t talked to many at all about him recently. It was more so when he was actually in high school and being recruited.
I kind of think you are who you are when put to the test. It's not so much that sports are the test but it's more that we see how he acts when things aren't going his way.

It's clear that when there is some pressure put on him, he resorts to the lowest common denominator. He crosses a line that normal people wouldn't consider. It's not even like he is shoving people or throwing shoulders (typical machismo that might come out). What he does is bizarre. It's either he is so angry that he resorts to his "default" setting (which is punching men in the balls) or that he is actively deciding to punch men in the balls.

I'm sure off the court he pretends to be a nice person when things are going his way (without pressure). I doubt he'd be a good person if he was cut off in traffic/in a crowded grocery store/under tight deadlines.

I kind of think you are who you are when put to the test. It's not so much that sports are the test but it's more that we see how he acts when things aren't going his way.

It's clear that when there is some pressure put on him, he resorts to the lowest common denominator. He crosses a line that normal people wouldn't consider. It's not even like he is shoving people or throwing shoulders (typical machismo that might come out). What he does is bizarre. It's either he is so angry that he resorts to his "default" setting (which is punching men in the balls) or that he is actively deciding to punch men in the balls.

I'm sure off the court he pretends to be a nice person when things are going his way (without pressure). I doubt he'd be a good person if he was cut off in traffic/in a crowded grocery store/under tight deadlines.
You could very well be correct. I'm just sharing what people who actually coached him and worked with him have said about him and his character. They could all be fooled and his true self could be the clips of his poor on court choices. Either way his choice to continue to do that is wrong and for some reason he will not quit doing it. Also I don't remember Terry Pettis throwing a bunch of cheap shots in basketball games, but had extremely questionable character and serious legal issues off it, so I don't know if they always correlate together or can be that simple (in either case).

That JERK # 34 , is involved in every dirty play in every game he plays, at least 2 again tonight.

That JERK # 34 , is involved in every dirty play in every game he plays, at least 2 again tonight.
Watched just long enough to see him kick his leg out on his three point attempt and draw the foul. Needless to say, Fran was HOT!

Don't take this the wrong way, but is he on the spectrum? Super nice guy off the court, he makes these plays in the game and doesn't have the mindset to comprehend his actions are dirty.

Holy god that’s a terrible call. I like that the NBA put in that they can call fouls on shooters for exactly this and you know it would get overturned in a second. And the thing is, it’s horribly obvious he does it watching it live speed as well

Feb 23 home game vs Wisconsin, good game to get "Fuck you Brad" chants the whole time

As a long-time Gopher fan, it is really really difficult for me to objectively evaluate Brad Davison's career. However, a point to ponder. His name sure comes up a lot every year for "questionable" play. I mean, like three times any other player......

IMHO, where there is smoke, there is.........

The broadcast announcers said the officials explained that the foul was called because of contact in the hip area, not the foot.

That's all fine and dandy, except there was clearly contact with the extended foot first. Man, the Big Ten officials are not very good at their job.

As a long-time Gopher fan, it is really really difficult for me to objectively evaluate Brad Davison's career. However, a point to ponder. His name sure comes up a lot every year for "questionable" play. I mean, like three times any other player......

IMHO, where there is smoke, there is.........
This particular case was a veteran player making a play to get a call. You see it all the time in football where a receiver knows how to push off or a DB knows how to hold and not get caught.

Doesn't change the fact that the kid is a tool who likes to hit guys below the waist but can't really fault him for this one.

The broadcast announcers said the officials explained that the foul was called because of contact in the hip area, not the foot.
Announcers have been going out of their way all year to try and mellow out his bull shit for the viewers. Earlier in the year when he was the featured player in the broadcast, it was all “heart and soul”. As Davis has taken the tv spotlight, it’s been more “veteran move” and “putting his defender in a no win situation”. Now it’s “the refs told us that they saw something different than we all saw plainly”.

Top Bottom