***OFFICIAL BOWLING GREEN AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Minnesota sports are off to a fantastic season this fall I tells ya.
Meh, all signs now point to the Vikings winning tomorrow. The Football Norns have seemingly taken all karma from the Gophers as of today. The only place it can land is on the Vikings.

Where did I indicate he had clean pockets all game? He faced pressure today but as I said, good QB's find ways to adapt and persevere. The few times he had a throwing lane, he threw poor passes. He completely folded which is why the coaching staff continues to keep the ball out of his hands and rely on the ground game. He should not start another game for the Gophers unless an absolute emergency.

TM2 has been awesome for most of his tenure at the U, including making numerous clutch throws and runs. To throw him to the curb after the abomination we just watched is the height of hubris.

How about Fleck letting Morgan talk him into going for it on 4th and 2 from their own 25 with the lead?

I said last night how Wake Forest reminded me of us, disciplined and does not beat themselves. 😂. Never seen a Fleck team so unfocused and undisciplined.

Hey Highwayman, you happy now? Things are back to the way you like it on the board. 😂😂😂

Right on. He is doing the best he can. Now it's up to the coaches to assess whether that's good enough or to move on to another qb and if we have another qb to move on to.
True, and I get it. We're all frustrated. But I take exception when it comes personal to a guy that just lost his dad to cancer. Yes, we all want the best for the team, and maybe this loss will trigger changes of many possible ways, but Tanner has been a warrior for us. We need to treat him with respect.

TM2 has been awesome for most of his tenure at the U, including making numerous clutch throws and runs. To throw him to the curb after the abomination we just watched is the height of hubris.
Tanner Morgan has been awesome most of his tenure?

He had a very good 2019 but that is it. Unless we see him revert back to that old form, he will have completed less than 60% of his passes in 2018, 2020 and 2021. During those 3 years, he has thrown 19 TDs and 13 INT's with a QBR below 70, while compiling an 11-9 record (2 of those wins in 2018 he only played garbage time). Those 11 wins have come against the following teams:

New Mexico State (1 pass attempt)
Miami-Ohio (5 pass attempts)
Indiana
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
Georgia Tech (bowl game)
@ Illinois
Purdue
Nebraska
Miami-Ohio
@ Colorado

He has been far from awesome on the field post 2019.

True, and I get it. We're all frustrated. But I take exception when it comes personal to a guy that just lost his dad to cancer. Yes, we all want the best for the team, and maybe this loss will trigger changes of many possible ways, but Tanner has been a warrior for us. We need to treat him with respect.
How what I wrote was disrespectful?

:cool03::blah: I am wrong but I don't want to acknowledge.

Anyone who calls a game that early in the 5-10% chance that they do actually lose.....so that they can come back and gloat.....is a shitposter. Sorry to break it to you.

Anyone who calls a game that early in the 5-10% chance that they do actually lose.....so that they can come back and gloat.....is a shitposter. Sorry to break it to you.
:cool03:saddd. Very sadd.

PJHole.com is pretty pissed today. Imagine how the normal fanbase is reacting. It's not good.

Tanner Morgan has been awesome most of his tenure?

He had a very good 2019 but that is it. Unless we see him revert back to that old form, he will have completed less than 60% of his passes in 2018, 2020 and 2021. During those 3 years, he has thrown 19 TDs and 13 INT's with a QBR below 70, while compiling an 11-9 record (2 of those wins in 2018 he only played garbage time). Those 11 wins have come against the following teams:

New Mexico State (1 pass attempt)
Miami-Ohio (5 pass attempts)
Indiana
Purdue
@ Wisconsin
Georgia Tech (bowl game)
@ Illinois
Purdue
Nebraska
Miami-Ohio
@ Colorado

He has been far from awesome on the field post 2019.

2020 was an anomaly on many levels. 2021 is young but I see a much, much bigger problem than Morgan.

PJHole.com is pretty pissed today. Imagine how the normal fanbase is reacting. It's not good.
Are they reacting though? It is the million $$ question. I think this town is conditioned to seeing losing teams.

It's quite bearish when a good chunk of the fans and students have filed out when the game is still coming down to a very close finish.

Losing to a team of this caliber will make you lose your fan base very quick! Embarrassing isn’t even a nice way to describe this loss

Are they reacting though? It is the million $$ question. I think this town is conditioned to seeing losing teams.
Worse than anger or outrage, they are reacting with disinterest.

I got a reply from a casual fan I know that just said, "50 read options isn't worth my Saturday."

How about Fleck letting Morgan talk him into going for it on 4th and 2 from their own 25 with the lead?

I said last night how Wake Forest reminded me of us, disciplined and does not beat themselves. 😂. Never seen a Fleck team so unfocused and undisciplined.
I thought the same thing. Looked like Morgan must have talked him into it. Really an odd year for penalties on a Fleck coached team.

I always think it's funny when the "angry" posters here think that if the rest of us just complained more, the team would be better.

Yep. Awful game by our offense today. O-line utterly confused all day. Morgan hit multiple times and shell shocked and had a really bad game. He wouldn't be the first QB who got hit/chased and performed poorly (see Mahomes in the Super Bowl).

I'm sure PJ is pissed even more than the rest of us. If not already, Sanford's seat should be very hot. I'm not ready to give up on Morgan yet.

Sanford is an obviously talked about disaster, but the special teams was embarrassing at best. Got lucky we didn't lose a fumble and other penalties were awful.

Top Bottom