***OFFICIAL BOWLING GREEN AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

anyone want to bet on the starting QB next week? My money is on Morgan. P.J. will take all the blame. As well he should.

What difference do you think that will make? The O game plan and reaction was terrible. TM2 under immediate pressure all day, and we did what?
You can move around in the pocket and roll out and get some time. He's a flipping statue and can't run. He's also missing on basic throws.

If you aren't blocking well upfront, you have to have someone with mobility.

Can it be any worse? Two weeks ago, we were holding on for dear life.

Defense played ok....good enough to win
OL, QB, Special Teams, and coaching were all unacceptable.
Regroup, correvt the failures ave a good week of practice and come back next game and kick ass.

Maybe we should have played Ball State after all.

Oh well. Lack of progress.

I just need to vent:

1) We need to replace the OC immediately
2) We got out-coached as bad as I have ever seen
3) We need to move on from Morgan. He is really bad, and our back-ups cannot be any worse.
4) Maybe PJ should teach players that you cannot line-up over the long-snapper on kicks, instead of spraying water on them, in practice.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Last edited:

Off the cuff, that's the worst offensive Gopher performance I recall since PJ's first season here when he had absolutely no players. Granted the Gophs two best skill position players are out, but this is totally on the coaching staff. The O line had no idea who to block on blitzes and the receivers were running dumbass routes that are only appropriate for a QB that has time in the pocket. A backup receiver then drops a difficult, but catchable, ball on a critical down on the second to last drive. Putrid.

Spot on.

Hard to understand. An abomination.

How many screens did we run today? Do we have that in the playbook?

Defense played ok....good enough to win
OL, QB, Special Teams, and coaching were all unacceptable.
Regroup, correvt the failures ave a good week of practice and come back next game and kick ass.
This team will beat Illinois probably any other game is 50/50 at best

Was watching a recording to catch up to live, Morgan missed several wide open throws. Including 1 short one for a TD.

BC just beat Mizzou at home in OT.

Must be nice

Ya that is pretty much where I stole it from.
Yeah, I know, and I use that line all the time at work and nobody knows what I'm talking about. I laugh out loud when I see these young kids look at me like I'm from a different planet. We need to never let that line die!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Mike Sanford have a track record of developing QBs, or ruining them?
Just to clarify, early in the first half Morgan threw a weak outlet pass that was tipped away to the right side of the field. Just beyond that area we had a guy wide open who could have backed into the end zone. He has been poor this year and missed a lot of those. The line was bad today, with no answers to the blitzing, but he has got to make the easy throws especially when they would go for a touchdown.

Top Bottom