***OFFICIAL BEMIDJI STATE AT MINNESOTA EXHIBITION IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The worst thing about the transfer portal is it takes me a good 10 games to remember who everyone is. Reading through this thread, I'm having to reference the roster details to remember who each player is and where they came from.
Only if you want to be an informed fan, as opposed to some raging fanatic. I prefer the latter, there's a lot less prep work

The worst thing about the transfer portal is it takes me a good 10 games to remember who everyone is. Reading through this thread, I'm having to reference the roster details to remember who each player is and where they came from.
Know exactly what you are saying. In another thread someone referred to the "transfer from Oregon" and I had totally forgot about Rigsby and at the very least I fancy myself being on top of who is on the roster.

How about Grove, didn't show much offensively but the kid has potential. Good size, runs the floor, moves well, I can see him getting some floor time come February. Work in progrèss but there is a lot to work with, definitely not a stiff.
I liked Grove! He's not nearly as raw as I expected. Looks the part and moves his feet well.

Know exactly what you are saying. In another thread someone referred to the "transfer from Oregon" and I had totally forgot about Rigsby and at the very least I fancy myself being on top of who is on the roster.
Have you figured out who the injured guy named "Peterson" might be? He was mentioned earlier.

Have you figured out who the injured guy named "Peterson" might be? He was mentioned earlier.
That was me. I screwed up- I should have said Cochrane. Sorry to mislead on that one... I was trying to remember the roster without referring to anything and I am not quite there yet!

Asuma was very good after he settled in and plays very under control for a freshman. Really like Frank Mitchell's rebounding. Didn't know what to expect really from Rigsby but he played pretty well. Betts clearly won't be starting like he was in this game, but he may be able to provide something off the bench this year. Mike Mitchell and Garcia played as expected. Abysmal free throw shooting, but most of the attempts came from Edmonds/F Mitchell/Fox and they are easily the worst FT shooters on the team. Was hoping to see Patterson and Odukale but understand holding them out for this one as long as they are expected to play in the next exhibition. Not expecting too much from Betts/Grove as long as the forwards are healthy. Kind of wanted to see more of caleb williams, but i'm not expecting him to play much either if the guards are healthy.

Broke down and got BIG+. I will be surprised if Asuma isn't starting when the season begins.
I expect him to be in the regular rotation, but he is likely going to have to beat out multiple seniors in Patterson/Rigsby/Odukale to end up starting. If Patterson and Odukale are out again next game, I would prefer to see Asuma starting over Betts.

I expect him to be in the regular rotation, but he is likely going to have to beat out multiple seniors in Patterson/Rigsby/Odukale to end up starting. If Patterson and Odukale are out again next game, I would prefer to see Asuma starting over Betts.
I don't disagree and I really don't know enough about the transfer guards to make a sound judgment. I just think Asuma would really compliment Mitchell and Garcia as the main scorers. Would be nice to bring a more experienced scoring guard off the bench. I think, pending defense, this team is going to be pretty solid.

That was me. I screwed up- I should have said Cochrane. Sorry to mislead on that one... I was trying to remember the roster without referring to anything and I am not quite there yet!
It was good for a chuckle and that qualifies as a nice contribution here.

Asuma was very good after he settled in and plays very under control for a freshman. Really like Frank Mitchell's rebounding. Didn't know what to expect really from Rigsby but he played pretty well. Betts clearly won't be starting like he was in this game, but he may be able to provide something off the bench this year. Mike Mitchell and Garcia played as expected. Abysmal free throw shooting, but most of the attempts came from Edmonds/F Mitchell/Fox and they are easily the worst FT shooters on the team. Was hoping to see Patterson and Odukale but understand holding them out for this one as long as they are expected to play in the next exhibition. Not expecting too much from Betts/Grove as long as the forwards are healthy. Kind of wanted to see more of caleb williams, but i'm not expecting him to play much either if the guards are healthy.
Williams was 1-1 from three and might be a guy who gets a few minutes just to try to spark the team on a bad shooting night. I can't stop remembering that exhibition game last year when he went off for 40-something and hit crazy shots from all over the floor.

Undoubtably why Ben gave him a roster spot.

Williams was 1-1 from three and might be a guy who gets a few minutes just to try to spark the team on a bad shooting night. I can't stop remembering that exhibition game last year when he went off for 40-something and hit crazy shots from all over the floor.

Undoubtably why Ben gave him a roster spot.
I was pretty impressed with the way Caleb didn't try and force anything. Didn't look like they did much to get him a shot either. Perhaps Williams is a secret weapon CBJ "doesn't want to put on film."

Ju
IMO he is just competing against more experienced teammates as a four this season and we need him as a three.
Next season and beyond he will be competing against less experienced teammates for playing time at his best position as a four.
I just don't think he has any skills to play the wing. I get his big for a wing, but so are any of our other bigs. For a wing, he is not a plus shooter, he is a HUGE minus ball handler and a huge minus facilitator/mover.

I get why people want to shoe-horn him into being a wing, but he cannot defend a wing, he can't handle the ball and he can't shoot. We'd be better off playing Parker Fox at the 3 and we should never play Parker Fox at the 3.

I just don't think he has any skills to play the wing. I get his big for a wing, but so are any of our other bigs. For a wing, he is not a plus shooter, he is a HUGE minus ball handler and a huge minus facilitator/mover.

I get why people want to shoe-horn him into being a wing, but he cannot defend a wing, he can't handle the ball and he can't shoot. We'd be better off playing Parker Fox at the 3 and we should never play Parker Fox at the 3.
He's so obviously a post 4 with some ability to shoot. Much better in the paint than outside of it, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom