Official 2025 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Under #5 he has Norris, Green and Hammerbeck. I don’t think there’s much of a chance for Norris. I would go with Green, Hammerbeck and Smith for the final 3 spots. Possibly the LB Anderson if one of the 3 goes elsewhere.
I’m sorry the LB’s name is Robinson not Anderson.

Are we going to be happy with this class if we don't see any additional significant commitments? We currently sit at 22 commitments with an avg of 86.57 with total points 193.24 on 247. If you use the 2024 as a measuring stick that score would place the class at 53, which is a significant drop from 35 in 2024.

On a side note, I have to say I'm impressed with Rutgers at this point. They currently have 5 - 4 Star commits with an avg of 87.59. If they hold on to all of those they should end up in the top 30.

Last edited:

Are we going to be happy with this class if we don't see any additional significant commitments? We currently sit at 22 commitments with an avg of 86.57 with total points 193.24 on 247. If you use the 2024 as a measuring stick that score would place the class at 53, which is a significant drop for 35 in 2024.
Many of the 22 will get a bump in their ratings.

Are we going to be happy with this class if we don't see any additional significant commitments? We currently sit at 22 commitments with an avg of 86.57 with total points 193.24 on 247. If you use the 2024 as a measuring stick that score would place the class at 53, which is a significant drop for 35 in 2024.
Give it a second. One thing PJ has done is identify talent before it blows up. He's lost some of those to 'better' programs and held on to a lot of others.

I think you'll see the ratings and offers change over the course of fall.

Give it a second. One thing PJ has done is identify talent before it blows up. He's lost some of those to 'better' programs and held on to a lot of others.

I think you'll see the ratings and offers change over the course of fall.
I agree with your comment regarding the bump in ratings. It looks like we are getting hurt by the fact that 247 has at least a 3 Star rating on all our guys, but the other rating services don't have rankings for Colin Hansen, Daniel Shipp, Ethan Stendel, and Rhett Hlavacka which means they pop up in the composite as Unranked (NA), which hurts us in that the team rankings are based on the composite. So, that should be worked out over the summer.

Last edited:

I agree with your comment regarding the bump in ratings. It looks like we are getting hurt by the fact that 247 has at least a 3 Star rating on all our guys, but the other rating services don't have rankings for Colin Hansen, Daniel Shipp, Ethan Stendel, and Rhett Hlavacka which means they pop up in the composite as Unranked (NA), which hurts us in that the team rankings are based on the composite. So, that should be worked out over the summer.
I believe 3 of the commitments didn't play at all as Juniors (might even be a 4th) so without playing it's hard to get a bump in ratings obviously. I'm guessing some will have big senior years and then the question will be holding onto them. But every school in the country is in the same boat with any commitments this far away from signing day. It will happen (and already has for the one from WI) and I'm sure the coaches know who they would like if/when that does happen.

Are we going to be happy with this class if we don't see any additional significant commitments? We currently sit at 22 commitments with an avg of 86.57 with total points 193.24 on 247. If you use the 2024 as a measuring stick that score would place the class at 53, which is a significant drop from 35 in 2024.

On a side note, I have to say I'm impressed with Rutgers at this point. They currently have 5 - 4 Star commits with an avg of 87.59. If they hold on to all of those they should end up in the top 30.
I've seen time and time again programs with highly recruited players flop like Nebraska. I trust in the coaching staff in finding the right players for the program.

Class is pretty much done. Out of the players who visited and have not committed they might not get many, or maybe none. They had to scramble at the running back and linebacker spots. At the other positions they did much better.
What do you mean they had to scramble at the rb and lb spots? They have six months until early signing period.

If they perform well, then yes, we'll be happy.

Ultimately, we'd still prefer to be recruiting an average of 87.5 and up.

That's a nice list. I agree it's great to have a staff that can coach good kids up to a 4-Star level. The only challenge is that your margin of error is nill compared to the teams above you. I hate to mention this name, but for example Wisky ended up signing 11 4-Stars last year. So, even if they miss on 5 kids they still have 6 that panned out, which is twice what we currently have. Then you have to hope they are inept and can't coach any 3-Stars up. It's just a much tougher numbers game to play if you have to compete with those kind of numbers above you. Also, I don't look for NEB to maintain that level of incompetence with Rhule there.

Last edited:

The fact he’s a first year player is nuts. This kid could push for play time after a RS year, book it.

The fact he’s a first year player is nuts. This kid could push for play time after a RS year, book it.
The fact that last year was his first year playing football and he played DL is crazy. Feels like this kid is going to move up the recruiting rankings in a hurry.

This is exactly the type of 'risk' PJ needs to take to be competitive. It's based on raw potential and development to hit is ceiling. Now we wait and hope PJ hangs on to him.

Ryan Burns and Luke Buer have a new Gopher Gridiron Podcast out.

they go through every player who has made a verbal commitment to the Gophers out of Summer Splash, including background information and what position they could wind up playing in college.

sounds like they really made an effort to bring in athletic players who have the ability to add more weight and strength. Burns likes some of the defensive players they're bringing in, but notes that a few of them will need a couple of years to grow into their college positions.

anyway, worth a listen.

Norris was supposed to commit today. Haven’t seen that he has. Does anyone know anything?

It looks like the only visitor left that we have a chance for is WR Smith. It’s between us and Iowa.

Big Ten team Oregon presently has the 5th rated class on 247 with only 15 commits.
Their top 7 go 98, 94, 94, 93, 93, 92, 92. Kind of like Noah...two from Texas, two from Florida, and two from California with one from Kansas. It says their 15 recruits average 94.10 Only Alabama is a tenth of one tick higher on average.
No home state recruits.
Nike Stock On a side note... NIL related? Nike's stock fell $28 billion in shareholder value this past week.

Kind of curious if coming to the B1G will now make Oregon a for sure juggernaut. Premier conference against premier teams with premier money/NIL.

Oregon always got major recruits but they were still in PAC12 which made many commit elsewhere. Now, B1G I feel is it and will be the #1 conference going forward.

Time will tell I guess

Big Ten team Oregon presently has the 5th rated class on 247 with only 15 commits.
Their top 7 go 98, 94, 94, 93, 93, 92, 92. Kind of like Noah...two from Texas, two from Florida, and two from California with one from Kansas. It says their 15 recruits average 94.10 Only Alabama is a tenth of one tick higher on average.
No home state recruits.
Nike Stock On a side note... NIL related? Nike's stock fell $28 billion in shareholder value this past week.
Dakorian Moore, just committed to the Ducks, he's a 99. Top receiver in the class chose Oregon over Tx, LSU and Ohio St

Kind of curious if coming to the B1G will now make Oregon a for sure juggernaut. Premier conference against premier teams with premier money/NIL.

Oregon always got major recruits but they were still in PAC12 which made many commit elsewhere. Now, B1G I feel is it and will be the #1 conference going forward.

Time will tell I guess
Ducks have been consistent Top 10 in recruiting... sometimes top 5.

Time will tell I guess
And now you know why U$C would have voted to keep Oregon out of the B1G if they had a vote in the expansion that brought Oregon and WA into the B1G.

Plus, they've struggled against the Ducks for the last 20 plus years

Top Bottom