Official 2025 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Doesn't even have a rating. His zero would doom our class average, and eliminate any chance of PJ landing his first top 25 class. Pass.
His current offer list:Screenshot_20220403-102142_Chrome.jpg
Those colleges need to get their recruiting departments 🤣

Considering he's a ninth grader, there's plenty of time for him to become a 5* with a .999x rating!
Seems to be a little ridiculous that we now have 9th graders coming in to check things out. I have no idea how many players that the coaches need to keep in touch with recruits to make them feel wanted and loved.

Seems to be a little ridiculous that we now have 9th graders coming in to check things out. I have no idea how many players that the coaches need to keep in touch with recruits to make them feel wanted and loved.
One would think that the Gophers are careful about early guaranteed offers. Didn't one of the Gophers kickers receive an early guaranteed offer his sophomore year in H.S.?

Alexandria kicker inspired by Blair Walsh's miss​

Alexandria High School sophomore Daniel Jackson is getting his season kicked off on the right foot, but his kicking dream started shortly after a Minnesota nightmare.

"2015 (season), I think it was, Blair Walsh missed his game-winning field," said Jackson. "As a kid, I was nine at the time, I thought, 'Oh, I can make that kick.' I tried kicking it. I tried many times, and I couldn't kick it. I kept practicing. I sent a letter to Blair Walsh. He responded, and I got some personalized kicking gear, like a football from him."

Now, seven years later, he kicked the game winner for the Cardinals in Week 2 from 35 yards out.

"That's a once-in-a-lifetime experience," said Alexandria kicking coach, Joel Monroe. "I kicked for 10 years. I never had the opportunity to have one at the buzzer like that. To make it? That's something you remember forever."

Monroe kicked for the Gophers from 2004 to 2008.

"He has a phenomenal work ethic," said Monroe. "He has a nice mix of talent and work ethic, and the right attitude for it. Usually, it's about, 'Okay, Daniel, how many have you kicked? And how many more are you going to kick? Let's pick a number so that we don't overdue it today.'"

Jackson may be following in his coaches footsteps. In June, the soon-to-be sophomore was offered a preferred-walk-on spot by Minnesota Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck.

Go Gophers!!

On the plus side, anything the kid is doing right now in terms of visits would be unofficial and I would assume they are coming up here on their own dime to check things out.

Good chance to keep building a strong relationship with a future prospect.

Has to be the first time a football player at HCA has been offered by the Gophers. Congrats to him!

Go Gophers!!
Doesn't appear the school has anything in terms of actual football, or sports in general, facilities.

So it's really Providence, which looks on par with something like a Holy Family.

Doesn't appear the school has anything in terms of actual football, or sports in general, facilities.

So it's really Providence, which looks on par with something like a Holy Family.
Between located just a couple miles east of Wayzata High school. Providence has a couple smaller Christian schools that co-op on football. Haritage and West Lutheran.

Seth Halvorson was Mr. Baseball in Minnesota from Heritage Christian a couple of years back. Pitched at Missouri a couple of years and transferred to TN (SEC championship team). Was probably best high school shortstop I have seen when he wasn't pitching.

Gophers wanted him badly by the way.

Seth Halvorson was Mr. Baseball in Minnesota from Heritage Christian a couple of years back. Pitched at Missouri a couple of years and transferred to TN (SEC championship team). Was probably best high school shortstop I have seen when he wasn't pitching.

Gophers wanted him badly by the way.
Interesting to know, thanks for sharing! I'm sure it's a fine school.

This is little Heritage:
fz8jcZm.png

I was simply pointing out that they clearly have no varsity level athletic facilities of their own, just some basic stuff for P.E. class. So they rely on other schools to provide that for their students, via co-ops.

I'm not saying that is good, bad, or otherwise. Just pointing it out.

It doesn't speak to college recruits from there being better, worse, or anything. Wasn't trying to say anything like that. Hopefully that's clear.

We can move on.

This is little Heritage:
fz8jcZm.png

I was simply pointing out that they clearly have no varsity level athletic facilities of their own, just some basic stuff for P.E. class. So they rely on other schools to provide that for their students, via co-ops.

It doesn't speak to college recruits from there being better, worse, or anything. Wasn't trying to say anything like that. Hopefully that's clear.

We can move on.
They have a gym and play 1A Basketball. They Co-Op on everything except Volleyball, Basketball Baseball, Softball and Soccer I believe.

This is little Heritage:
fz8jcZm.png

We can move on.
Their soccer field is nice. No bleachers but the field is nice.

Alexandria kicker inspired by Blair Walsh's miss​

Alexandria High School sophomore Daniel Jackson is getting his season kicked off on the right foot, but his kicking dream started shortly after a Minnesota nightmare.

"2015 (season), I think it was, Blair Walsh missed his game-winning field," said Jackson. "As a kid, I was nine at the time, I thought, 'Oh, I can make that kick.' I tried kicking it. I tried many times, and I couldn't kick it. I kept practicing. I sent a letter to Blair Walsh. He responded, and I got some personalized kicking gear, like a football from him."

Now, seven years later, he kicked the game winner for the Cardinals in Week 2 from 35 yards out.

"That's a once-in-a-lifetime experience," said Alexandria kicking coach, Joel Monroe. "I kicked for 10 years. I never had the opportunity to have one at the buzzer like that. To make it? That's something you remember forever."

Monroe kicked for the Gophers from 2004 to 2008.

"He has a phenomenal work ethic," said Monroe. "He has a nice mix of talent and work ethic, and the right attitude for it. Usually, it's about, 'Okay, Daniel, how many have you kicked? And how many more are you going to kick? Let's pick a number so that we don't overdue it today.'"

Jackson may be following in his coaches footsteps. In June, the soon-to-be sophomore was offered a preferred-walk-on spot by Minnesota Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck.

Go Gophers!!
Alex has a “kicking coach?”

Wow how times have changed.

Many baseball programs from small to large schools have partnerships with Cities for varsity game fields, as schools often don't maintain at the desired level of the programs.
Probably also ties in with that a lot of baseball is played in summer outside of school, like Legion/VFW?

Clubs may have taken all that over by now, no idea. Used to be Legion for high school kids in the summer.

Top Bottom