Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Hasn’t he had a VT offer since last year? Seems odd he’d change his mind at this point, only real advantage of going to VT I would think would be getting to stay close to home. We’ve been churning out NFL safeties and VT has fallen off the map post Beamer.
May be an easier path to playing time there too.

May be an easier path to playing time there too.
Maybe. But it’s not like the Gophers have a ton of proven safety depth. Hard to know this far out which school would have the easier path to playing time

Maybe. But it’s not like the Gophers have a ton of proven safety depth. Hard to know this far out which school would have the easier path to playing time
In the era of the transfer portal you really can't predict future depth at all. They can always just go out and snag a transfer to fill holes as needed.

Hopefully he stays committed. Looking at his twitter briefly he still has a ton of U of M content and a pinned post showing his commitment.

Did anyone know a peep about Emerson Mandell? It feels very stealthy about information from him.

Miles Silas from Wisconsin.....seems like a sneaky get that we potentially have some traction on.

He seems to have the most positive outlook from his visit at Minnesota, present on his twitter. Also, hearing that Wisky is cool on him and has no chance. Leaves us Nebby, Iowa, Iowa St.....

No officials so far. I wonder if grades could be a problem.

Safety Ty Hudkins to Northwestern.
Not all that surprising. I know we were one of his finalists but didn't seem to be any real indication that he was leaning towards coming here.

Not all that surprising. I know we were one of his finalists but didn't seem to be any real indication that he was leaning towards coming here.
Do we know he had a committable offer here? I don’t see why we would take three safeties in this class.

Nice article by Ryan Burns with an overview of all the commits in this class. I noticed in several instances he noted that some of the Gopher recruits currently have conservative ratings. This appears to be due to various factors like lack of in-person evaluation or someone who has just burst onto the P5 recruiting scene due to a camp performance. In most of those cases, Ryan indicated that he thinks those folks are likely to get upgraded in the future.

That gives me cause for some optimism that there is a decent chance that our class ratings will go up as the Fall progresses. If that happens, we may not fall as far as other schools start filling up their classes. Who knows…maybe we will end up with a handful more 4-stars and a top 25 class ranking! A guy can dream…. ;-)

If he had committed to the Gophers, he would have had a much cooler graphic. That orange looks more like Syracuse’s colors than Illinois’.

Wow, I wonder how hard Nebraska was pursuing him, some big instate targets escaping the new coaches in Nebraska and Wisconsin.

If he had committed to the Gophers, he would have had a much cooler graphic. That orange looks more like Syracuse’s colors than Illinois’.
At first I thought it was Princeton with him holding a bunch of Zubaz Tiger striped hats, then Syracuse, then I read Ilini. Yeah this graphic would look a lot better at the U with Zubaz Gopher striped hats.....

At first I thought it was Princeton with him holding a bunch of Zubaz Tiger striped hats, then Syracuse, then I read Ilini. Yeah this graphic would look a lot better at the U with Zubaz Gopher striped hats.....
It is one less Gopher recruiting prospect to worry about.

The question is, are the Gophers done with 23 commitments? Why is there stealthy silence on Emerson Mandell? Does he have issues we don't know about? He is warm to Iowa State, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

The question is, are the Gophers done with 23 commitments? Why is there stealthy silence on Emerson Mandell? Does he have issues we don't know about? He is warm to Iowa State, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

according to Ryan Burns, Emerson is just kind of a quiet kid who doesn’t really want the spotlight and doesn’t talk about his recruitment very much

according to Ryan Burns, Emerson is just kind of a quiet kid who doesn’t really want the spotlight and doesn’t talk about his recruitment very much
The simple thing to do is commit to the hometown team. He can play anywhere, but his family can see him play here.

The simple thing to do is commit to the hometown team. He can play anywhere, but his family can see him play here.
Based on what little of his background I know, this makes absolute sense.

Based on what little of his background I know, this makes absolute sense.
If he is that shy, he may be prone to homesickness. It is best to stay home. Just pure speculation.

Wow - just fresh off the bakery.

Congratulations Bret Carroll!

You choose wisely. We will have a Carroll in the lineup for the next five years. Is he going to be groomed as a Center?

By the time Ohifame Ijeboi is done with college football, everybody will know how to pronounce his name which means he has done himself proud.

Boom!

Another nice P5 offer list!

Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech

It looks like he was down to us and Texas Tech.
Another good 3 Star recruit Fleck can turn into a 5 Star player.

Based on Carroll's comments in the Ryan Burns article, it sounds like Callahan might have him pegged as a potential new Schmitz at the C position. We would all take that.

Top Bottom