Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I was thinking the exact same thing.....are we looking through maroon colored glasses, or are we seeing a completely different level of recruits coming to visit?

Jaxon Howard gets to see more of everything on an official visit plus it will be festive in PJ Fleck fashion entertaining a throng of recruits.

Hopefully, PJ Fleck can close the deal on some recruits.

Last edited:

Jacon Howard gets to see more of everything on an official visit plus it will be festive in PJ Fleck fashion entertaining a throng of recruits.

Hopefully, PJ Fleck can close the deal on some recruits.
Just a gut feeling but I think we will get some very good news on the recruiting front after the big recruiting weekend on the 10th. Might not be Howard since he will still have some visits left but Fleck has been pretty successful with big recruiting events like the one coming up.

Just a gut feeling but I think we will get some very good news on the recruiting front after the big recruiting weekend on the 10th. Might not be Howard since he will still have some visits left but Fleck has been pretty successful with big recruiting events like the one coming up.
Bold prediction: Jaxon cancels the rest of his OVs on June 10 and PJ lights up the bat signal!

Looks like we are pursuing speedy wr Yazeed Haynes, formerly a Rutgers verbal.

Looks like the next QB commit after de-committing from Eastern Michigan today.
Big and accurate. Looks like a good fit for KC’s offense. A bit under the radar, but looks like he had a Maryland offer. With the transfer rates these days it might turn out better to take a guy that is willing to buy into developing.

Complete aside:

I feel like Chris Creighton has done about as good a job at Eastern Michigan as one could reasonably expect considering where they were at over Ron English's tenure. The butt of the joke in college football.

Probably a bummer for them to lose a prospect like Drew to us. Their loss, is our gain!

Big and accurate. Looks like a good fit for KC’s offense. A bit under the radar, but looks like he had a Maryland offer. With the transfer rates these days it might turn out better to take a guy that is willing to buy into developing.

Also, with us having Athan and Jacob Knuth in the fold, I've been wondering how that will impact the interest of the higher ranked QBs in the 2023 class.

Complete aside:

I feel like Chris Creighton has done about as good a job at Eastern Michigan as one could reasonably expect considering where they were at over Ron English's tenure. The butt of the joke in college football.

Probably a bummer for them to lose a prospect like Drew to us. Their loss, is our gain!
They sound pretty bummed on their forum, they were talking about him like he had a chance to be a four year starter. Not to bum them out more, but I think it's going to be pretty rare to see a four year starter at QB in the MAC these days, at least a very successful one.

I kind of wondered the same thing. With the way QBs transfer these days if you can sell a guy on coming in and sitting for a year or two while developing it might be good for both the player and the team. High profile guys aren't going to be willing to wait around long in a lot of cases.

Strong top 7. Here's hoping he picks us but if he chooses to go elsewhere just let it not be PSU or Iowa.
According to 247Sports, Marquese Williams (4 star RB) is warm for the Gophers, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech.

According to 247Sports, Marquese Williams (4 star RB) is warm for the Gophers, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech.

Yep, but with a top 7 being announced probably safe to say those other 4 should probably be viewed as warm as well.

Hope he saw our ability to plug and play running backs last year as a plus. Shows we have good ability to develop them here.
Gotta believe our offensive style in general would be very appealing to any RB looking for a place to play. Kid has a lot of great options, will be interesting to see if we can come out on top.

Top Bottom