Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I coached against him this year. Not an extremely skilled player but a pretty hard worker. So yeah, he kicked our ass on the boards 🤣
Love to hear that. Not the kicking your ass part, but the hard worker.

Minnesota’s top football recruit has Gophers, all top programs after him​

Jaxon said he plans to speak to Coughlin in the near future. Coughlin, who had deep, generational family connections to the U, stayed home over other options, primarily Ohio State and Oregon.

“Looking at his story, he had offers from multiple places and the best thing about him is he … found the school that completely fit him,” Jaxon said. “We can see the numbers. Minnesota fit him perfectly, and it made him an even better player. Look at where he is now: He’s in the NFL.

“For me, I’ve got to find that certain place, whether it’s the University of Minnesota — or it might not be. I’ve got to find what fits me perfectly.”

Go Gophers!

Minnesota’s top football recruit has Gophers, all top programs after him​

Jaxon said he plans to speak to Coughlin in the near future. Coughlin, who had deep, generational family connections to the U, stayed home over other options, primarily Ohio State and Oregon.

“Looking at his story, he had offers from multiple places and the best thing about him is he … found the school that completely fit him,” Jaxon said. “We can see the numbers. Minnesota fit him perfectly, and it made him an even better player. Look at where he is now: He’s in the NFL.

“For me, I’ve got to find that certain place, whether it’s the University of Minnesota — or it might not be. I’ve got to find what fits me perfectly.”

Go Gophers!
Gotta love hearing he is going to be talking with Coughlin, certainly can't hurt our chances. Maybe he ends up here and maybe he doesn't but there is zero doubt that we are firmly in the mix and aren't just getting the hometown treatment.

Michigan RB Darius Taylor to commit this Tuesday. Rumors are its between Gophers and Cincy.

Rivals just put in a 100% forecast for the gophers. He has 30 offers.

3 separate Publishers all put in FutureCasts for Minnesota within 2 hours, one of which works for the Wisconsin Rivals site. Seems word leaked out. Will be a nice pickup! Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State and Cincinnati offers, gotta be ecstatic to get him.

Has Iowa and wiscy offers.
along with MSU, Maryland, Purdue, Rutgers and a whole host of other schools. No composite yet but assume it will be somewhere around the 87 that 247 gives him.

Hopefully we get some good news around 5:30 tonight.

No commits from Jr. Day. Coaching staff seems to be really deliberate about this next year's class. I assume most are going to have to come to camp this summer or take an official to secure a spot. Portal has really slowed things down a bit it seems. As Grimm said on the radio last week. "If I'm a high school kid and I have offers from MN, WI, IA, (Example) I'm not waiting for my dream school, I'm taking one of the offers I have." Seems this would lead to more commits and then changing of heart.

No commits from Jr. Day. Coaching staff seems to be really deliberate about this next year's class. I assume most are going to have to come to camp this summer or take an official to secure a spot. Portal has really slowed things down a bit it seems. As Grimm said on the radio last week. "If I'm a high school kid and I have offers from MN, WI, IA, (Example) I'm not waiting for my dream school, I'm taking one of the offers I have." Seems this would lead to more commits and then changing of heart.
PJ's first come first serve offer system + portal seems like it could create wild swings or .... even more locked down classes early.

He played wr previous to playing running back. He said that the Gopher coaches want him to be a combo rb and slot receiver. For this reason I I think they would take Williams too.

Top Bottom