Official 2023 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

With these two young guys and Zach Evans in the ‘22 class, will need some depth but playing time will be tough

Last edited:

Are you just assuming Mo and Potts are done?
With Mo's injury, it could be hard for him to return and be as productive as he was prior. And could he return to the point where he is better than other the RB's we have returning?

With Mo's injury, it could be hard for him to return and be as productive as he was prior. And could he return to the point where he is better than other the RB's we have returning?
I don’t know. I’m not Mo or a surgeon or a therapist. But he could definitely provide depth, if he is healthy.

Something tells me if Mo puts his mind to it, he would be highly productive next season even with a rebuilt OL.

I hope Fleck finds a coaching spot for Mo and Tanner when they’re playing days are over. With that said, my guess is they will both be successful no matter what career path they take.

Does his injury impact patience and vision somehow? If so that’s news to me. Mo was never the fastest or known to be very shifty.

Wow 54 offers. This has got to be Minnesota’s biggest recruit since…? Shede Hagemam/Jeff Jones?

According to 247, he's ranked just slightly ahead of Jashon Cornell (2015), similarly to Carter Coughlin (2016) and lower than Jeff Jones (2014), Seantrel Henderson (2010), and Michael Floyd (2007).

Any idea where he is leaning? Let him play football and basketball

Does his injury impact patience and vision somehow? If so that’s news to me. Mo was never the fastest or known to be very shifty.
No, but I think it's silly to think this injury wouldn't impact him. If he's 80% of his pre-injury level of speed and shiftiness, he's a lesser back than before. Not bashing Mo, that's just the reality of these injuries.

No, but I think it's silly to think this injury wouldn't impact him. If he's 80% of his pre-injury level of speed and shiftiness, he's a lesser back than before. Not bashing Mo, that's just the reality of these injuries.
I think it’s silly to think the other backs are better than him since most of the reasons he was so good aren’t impacted by his injury.

You can only get by on patience and vision to a certain degree. If you regress on speed and agility when those aren’t your strengths to begin with your overall effectiveness is going to suffer.

Any update with Jaxon Howard?

It has been nearly 3 weeks since he said he was going to announce his commitment in the 'next few days'. It has been crickets since.

Oregon was one of the schools on his top list, and he received a new offer from Cristobal and the Hurricanes on Dec 18th. Maybe that is a factor.

No clue if it was him but this is the only QB listed in the high choice section for 2023 and he would qualify as a highly rated kid.

He looks like an A-Maize-ing recruit!

Dr. Evil Pinky.jpeg

Top Bottom