Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I know Nathan and his dad Jay quite well. He played LL baseball with my son before they moved away from Abilene to Brock and Jay was league commissioner when I was a coach. Excellent kid. Great family. Dad was an All American at Abilene Christian (same school as Jack Gibbens), and briefly in the NFL with Denver. Nathan is currently an ACU commit and I am torn as I work at ACU and would love to have a player of his caliber here, but I would love for him to help my Gophers too. Guess I can't lose on this one. :)

A pet peeve of mine is when they are still raising the backdrop as the kick is happening. It happens ALL the time, and it has to be distracting. I think the people responsible for raising it are the only people in the stadium that are unaware a field goal is about to happen. It is completely unacceptable in my mind.

Also, why in the world do we need a field goal net? Let that ball go into the stands. If baseball and hockey can let fans be subject to 100+ mph objects, I think people can handle a football in the stands. That would be the coolest souvenir and those tickets would be more coveted.
You don’t need “to get weird”, u already are🤪

Many of us accept it'll be odd year for ranking and are trusting Flecks judgement.

Rankings be services are subjective firstly. Secondly, Ray Charles could see someone like Henderson (the Fr. RB @ OSU) will be a stud - If he puts in the work to improve, stays eligible and out of trouble. The non- high end elites are where u build your team, just like the NFL with the middle rounds - more players. I sure hope Fleck and coaches don’t rely on recruiting services a lot/ at all as those are businesses trying to make cash from fans and there is no rigid qualifications to work there - not the kind of time/effort
In end none of us know how class turns out
in a few years we’ll have a good idea and no definitively when their class graduates.

I wish everyone would just RELAX per that annoying QB to the east!

I know Nathan and his dad Jay quite well. He played LL baseball with my son before they moved away from Abilene to Brock and Jay was league commissioner when I was a coach. Excellent kid. Great family. Dad was an All American at Abilene Christian (same school as Jack Gibbens), and briefly in the NFL with Denver. Nathan is currently an ACU commit and I am torn as I work at ACU and would love to have a player of his caliber here, but I would love for him to help my Gophers too. Guess I can't lose on this one. :)
He can't go wrong with the Gophers if he has higher aspirations. Just ask Jack Gibbens. He has more recognition with the Gophers.The Pros now know that his ACU stats are good enough against P5 level competition.

I hope those going into the Transfer Portal see how many who transferred to the U are going to end up in the Pros.

He can't go wrong with the Gophers if he has higher aspirations. Just ask Jack Gibbens. He has more recognition with the Gophers.The Pros now know that his ACU stats are good enough against P5 level competition.

I hope those going into the Transfer Portal see how many who transferred to the U are going to end up in the Pros.

Idk why it bothers me so much with people talking about guys seeing players go to the pros. It sounds great with recent history, but if a recruit is going to base things off going to the pros, then the U likely isn't going to be anywhere at the top of their list. I think players care more about available opportunities, development, and fit with a team. Those are the things the U can offer. You can go pro at a D3 school if you're good enough.

Hell Temple has 20 guys in the pros. No one should be looking to go to Temple over Minnesota. Just saying.

An on topic question that I’m too lazy to look up. Does the team have a rb committed for this class? If not and there is still a spot I cannot think of many better places for a top rb to commit to than Mn right now.

Kid is “commited” to Abeline. Gibbons previous school. Were his current only P5 offer
Maybe the Vanderbilt offer is new but even though they don't often play like it they are a Power 5 team as well :)

I see he is listed as a TE but projected by 247 as an OT. Could be one of those hidden gems who puts on some weight and develops into a good offensive lineman over time.

Maybe the Vanderbilt offer is new but even though they don't often play like it they are a Power 5 team as well :)

I see he is listed as a TE but projected by 247 as an OT. Could be one of those hidden gems who puts on some weight and develops into a good offensive lineman over time.
I could see him being used just like Kieft. Essentially another lineman who can sneak out for a pass play every now and then.

I could see him being used just like Kieft. Essentially another lineman who can sneak out for a pass play every now and then.
and Kieft was another kid without major offers, he was an NDSU commit

I believe NDSU was going to use him as a DE though

Don't want to derail ... but how many even targets does Kieft have this year? Not that he cares, at all.

I think Sallis looks the best of the TE’s we’ve offered, or at least the realistic ones, as well.
Curious, I saw Sallis has committed to UConn of all places. I wonder if Fleck cooled on him, preferring a better blocking tight end?

Skipping right over flipping MAC offers and going to D3. Fleck leaves no stone untouched in recruiting.

Top Bottom