Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I don't know how many warm spots there will be with some of the recent transfers out of MN next season. PJ Fleck reserves some of the spots for PWOs who merit a scholarship.

He has really blown up with a ton of new offers in October. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida St, Illinois, and a number of others.
Yeah, that is a really impressive offer list. Coaches are clearly seeing something they really like in this kid.

Need him to return punts if possible.

You mean wave arm and catch the punt right? Who wants to risk a fumble on a punt or kick-off return when you can hand the ball off 3 times? I really hope Fleck gives him a chance. He obviously trust no one to do it now. I know Jonathan Mann took several kick-offs for touchdowns in high school vs top level MN competition and has not got the chance to do it here. Hard to recruit excellence if you don't show the recruits you could use that talent here. Hope this changes.

It bores the fans who pay for tickets to tears, and it turns off quarterbacks and wide receivers. That sucks.
Honestly, if there was something that would help solidify the need for a change on offense it would probably be a high profile WR recruit decommiting. Of course in this case there is a local angle that might be in play as much as the player not liking the looks of our offense.

That 4 star QB Avery Johnson may be a no go also unless something changes.

Edit: Sorry that should be in the '23 thread also.

Fleck has to say everything he does. I bet it's killing him on the inside with this passing offense. He won't say it. You know it is, though.

It's got to be his top priority this offseason.

Interesting, a Florida lean with Florida in flux and his brother is already on Gophers team, he’d be a nice pick up.
Another one of those guys where the offer list and star ranking don't really matchup. Has a pretty impressive list of offers for a guy who is supposedly only a .83 - 3*

Top Bottom