Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

All things considered.....probably a great time to have guys from Texas and other southern states on campus. Will feel like home :)
Yes, certainly a better impression than those 40-50 degree weekends in May!

I noticed last weekend it was hotter in Minneapolis than it was in Ft. Worth, Tx.
However when July and August roll around it will get hotter than a depot stove.

I'm living in east Tennessee now... it hasn't been as hot here as it has for you up there. Tennessee heat and mn heat are 2 totally different beasts
Yup. I’m in the Mid State and it’s just been Humid and upper 80s. Minnesota has been about 10 degrees hotter.

per Shama:

Among the over 100 campers at P.J. Fleck’s Minneapolis football camp last week was quarterback Kyle McCormick from California. While there are highly recruited high school players at camps like Fleck’s, many preps like McCormick are trying to get noticed.

“He (Kyle) absolutely loves P.J. Fleck and (offensive coordinator) Mike Sanford,” said Kyle’s dad. Lee McCormick, a 1980 graduate of Golden Valley High School, became a fan of Fleck when the Gopher head coach was leading Western Michigan to prominence.

Lee admires Fleck’s energy, values and success, and he told Sports Headliners it would be a “dream” to have Kyle, who has an offer from Yale, play for Minnesota. Kyle, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound pro style passer heading into his senior year, will compete for the starting quarterback job this summer at La Costa Canyon High School in San Diego County.

Go Gophers!!

Of course, when you go out west, "It's a dry heat....."

Seriously, I used to cover sprint-car racing in Iowa, and one of the regular drivers was from New Mexico. He said summers in Iowa were worse than New Mexico because of the higher humidity. He said he'd rather have a 100-degree day with low humidity instead of a 90-degree day with high humidity.

Seriously, I used to cover sprint-car racing in Iowa, and one of the regular drivers was from New Mexico. He said summers in Iowa were worse than New Mexico because of the higher humidity. He said he'd rather have a 100-degree day with low humidity instead of a 90-degree day with high humidity.
So would I. 120 degree Arizona/Nevada heat doesn't bother me at all. This stuff in MN right now is awful.

So would I. 120 degree Arizona/Nevada heat doesn't bother me at all. This stuff in MN right now is awful.
It actually hasnt been super humid here. Last night yes but otherwise not that bad.

I would take 100 and dry over 85 and humid.

Please don't move to Colorado for low humidity. We have too many Californians already crowded the freeways

So freaking thick down here in Houston right now. We have had 15-20 inches of rain the last few weeks and steam is just rising. I mean you cant hardly imagine how freaking hot is was today. Ugh

per Greder:

Iowa offered a ride three days later, then Kansas State. Northwestern and Syracuse were among others showing interest. But it was the bond Knuth formed with Sanford, head coach P.J. Fleck and a recommendation from current Gophers quarterback Tanner Morgan that sealed Knuth’s pledge.

“They really did their research on me and I really made a strong relationship really quickly,” he said. “… I spent a lot of hours on FaceTime and Zoom in those couple of weeks before I made a decision to commit. It was really an opportunity I really couldn’t let pass. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if the opportunity got away from me, if someone else had committed.”

Go Gophers!!

Im expecting evans and smith to give the commitment
Hasert going to be a battle with Iowa? Could see Ike White and Krogh committing too. Oh wait, saw Iowa offered Krogh as well, interesting. Hopefully we can beat Iowa for one of them. Looks like they both visit Iowa later this month.

Last edited:

Hasert going to be a battle with Iowa? Could see Ike White and Krogh committing too. Oh wait, saw Iowa offered Krogh as well, interesting. Hopefully we can beat Iowa for one of them. Looks like they both visit Iowa later this month.
I'm not sold on hassert as a gopher. His mom needs to sit him down and say look... "Who hates iowa... I HATE IOWA... I really like white. But he's an east coast guy and I just think in my gut virgina tech gets him... But I think he could be special.

My opinions... That's all they are... Don't want to nor will I argue or get in a pissing match...

evans seems like a lock, he's already announced he's committing "soon" and MN is the leader, I'm expecting this to be trip to just make sure
I agree with evans as a lock. I believe both have crystal balls to the gophers... I also want eli... Build up that dl

I'm not sold on hassert as a gopher. His mom needs to sit him down and say look... "Who hates iowa... I HATE IOWA... I really like white. But he's an east coast guy and I just think in my gut virgina tech gets him... But I think he could be special.

My opinions... That's all they are... Don't want to nor will I argue or get in a pissing match...
I was thinking more along the lines of a Mrs. Darth Vader "DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!"

Top Bottom