Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Ok, a walk-on WR showed an edited video clip of 4 nice routes where he beat his man. If he did it 5 times, we'd have probably seen 5 routes in the clip. Maybe not, but usually if you have 5 nice things, you show all 5, not just 4. So either a) he only ran 4 routes period or b) he ran more routes and they weren't like the 4 we saw.

Seems logical. What's the problem with my reasoning? Or are you just attacking the monicker name like bob boblaw or whatever his name is?
Here's my point. I've seen a lot of wide receivers run sloppy routes without sharp cuts and/or quick change of direction. I'm sure he was covered at times, so was Jerry Rice. There is a reason Fleck offered him - he saw some great potential in the kid. If Fleck likes his potential as a wide out, I'm in. And, yes, you tried to make something out-of nothing replying to my comment.

per Jared:

Four-star center Carson Hizman is the country's highest rated player at his position, and has the offers to show for it. With over 20 offers from all conferences, the 6-foot-5, 280-pound offensive lineman is one of the most sought-after prospects out there, and has a busy summer ahead.

With four official visits already set, many schools including Minnesota are battling to earn the fifth.

Go Gophers!!

Shades of Cody Lindenberg (sp?). It underscores the importance of youth camps and interactions with Gopher Football at a young age.

Dare to dream about wearing the Maroon and Gold. These kids are keepers. We want a roster full of these kids scholies or walk ons. They may not all be superstars, but they are a powerful weapon.

Last edited:

per Jared:

Four-star center Carson Hizman is the country's highest rated player at his position, and has the offers to show for it. With over 20 offers from all conferences, the 6-foot-5, 280-pound offensive lineman is one of the most sought-after prospects out there, and has a busy summer ahead.

With four official visits already set, many schools including Minnesota are battling to earn the fifth.

Go Gophers!!
If I were Carson the dear young man, I should consider MN and play closer to home where friends and family can watch him play.

Minnesota will be sending a few OLs to the pros He will be one of them. Western WI is really Gopher Country.

There are more important things in life like shared memories with family and friends. This to me is more precious than going to schools like Bama. Why not consider closer to home?

For what it is worth, a paid WI recruiting site has Hizman as 100% Wisconsin.
Since I would never pay for the garbage numbers those sites use to rank recruits I do not know the why of the certainty of their prediction.

Man, momma Holloman seems quite enthused. I like it.

BTW, that graphic of Winfield and Johnson is fire.
Momma Holloman and Tre were also really enthused with their Michigan St visit...

Crystal ball mn. Has an ov next week
Sweet, thanks!

I had to check, but he's a 3* RB from Texas with many offers including ND, Texas, and Utah. Also Princeton and Yale, so apparently he's got some chops in the classroom as well. Looks like an Ibrahim clone to me at 5'9" and 200 lbs. He's a one-cut and go guy on his highlight tape. Does take the outside when it's open, but reads his blocks between the tackles as well.

Momma Holloman and Tre were also really enthused with their Michigan St visit...
Outside of very rare exceptions you never really hear a bad report from a recruit or their family about a visit or interaction with a coaching staff. It is nearly always positive.

All the U can do is put their best foot forward and see what happens. Interesting to see Tre giving this much attention to football though since his best path forward seems like it would be basketball. Maybe wired a bit like Ratzlaff where another sport might make more sense but he just can't give up on football.

Top Bottom