Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

This makes sense.

Use up one last official, scratch that itch ... leave no doubts, that Mpls is the place for you!
After Morgan, I believe it will be Knuth and Athan competing to start. Both can use their legs and that's something I can't wait to see added to this offense.

Treiu said he sees Knuth same as Tanner but with better mobility.

He said Athen however has the higher ceiling of our current QBs
He also said Knuth probably has a higher floor than Athan. Will be an interesting competition. I wouldn’t count out Kramer either.

He also said Knuth probably has a higher floor than Athan. Will be an interesting competition. I wouldn’t count out Kramer either.
Can't really explain why but I'm more excited about Knuth's future than I think I've ever been for a Gopher QB recruit.

Yeah, I'd call him a slight miss for the gophers, and probably a larger miss for some other teams as he received few offers. Looks like he only had a couple MAC offers before KSU and NW offered in January.
Did I hear that PJ Fleck asked him if he gets a Gopher offer on the spot if he was all in? Evan Hull being nervous and excited said something about the Gophers being his favorite and wanted to take other visits or something like that. Then PJ walked out of the room and never came back. Is it true? That probably really crushed Evan Hull.

That is the thing about PJ. He wants the recruit to be all-in.

With Kirk Ciarrocca returning and Zack Annexstad and Jacob Clark transferring, do you think that Athan Kaliakmans and Jacob Knuth are feeling that this is their show after Tanner Morgan? They have to be excited.

I also feel Kirk will make full use of mobile QBs. Can we envision a new RPO scheme?

Of all the guys in this class he is one of the ones I am most interested to see how he develops. The coaches clearly saw something in him that made them offer at a time when there was seemingly no pressure to get an offer to him quickly as there would appear to be very little competition for his services.

Of all the guys in this class he is one of the ones I am most interested to see how he develops. The coaches clearly saw something in him that made them offer at a time when there was seemingly no pressure to get an offer to him quickly as there would appear to be very little competition for his services.
I listened to the podcast with Ryan Burns and Allen Trieu yesterday. They think he will be a tackle rather than tight end. Also, between covid year and injuries, there's not a lot of film on him.

I listened to the podcast with Ryan Burns and Allen Trieu yesterday. They think he will be a tackle rather than tight end. Also, between covid year and injuries, there's not a lot of film on him.
Yeah, this one felt like a developmental OL signing for sure. One of those guys we won't hear a ton about for a few years but will hopefully be ready to start by the time he is in his 3rd or 4th year.

Sorry if posted earlier, any word on Jack Pyburn? Really like the way he plays and was very excited for him to sign, we signed his teammate Schwartz today, hopefully he signs later today.

Sorry if posted earlier, any word on Jack Pyburn? Really like the way he plays and was very excited for him to sign, we signed his teammate Schwartz today, hopefully he signs later today.

In the Signing Day thread there are more details. He is waiting til February - seeing if his dream school (Florida) will offer

I’m not sure if it was posted but Emmet Johnson did commit to Nebraska.

Top Bottom