Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injuries and Civd-19 gave the Gophers a big bonanza. Kid brother of Tyler Nubin.

Congrats to Jordan!

He's grown height and weight-wise in the last year. He seems to be hungry for the challenge. He will get a scholie sooner than later if he keeps it up. I am sure his family are elated that both brothers are playing together and is within driving distance to watch both of them play.

This will be another nice story about perseverance and determination. We need Safeties.
He could be a real sleeper.

247 lists him at 5'7" - 155 so is going to need to get some size to compete at the college level. But assume he is another PWO commit so no worries there, coaches clearly see something about him they like.

edit: He does have a younger brother who is a 2022 kid. Might have something to do with this. No matter what the reason though welcome aboard.
These little guys can often compete at the D1 level, much more than NFL. Looks like a great PWO add based on his hudl video.

Well, other than the fact that you highlighted a low-rated recruit like Morgan to make your point that PJ has landed highly-rated recruits like Dickerson. “Difference-makers” are about performance. This entire thread is about ratings, which are about potential. You are comparing apples and oranges.
He was responding to someone who commented that PJ wasn't recruiting "difference makers." He listed several players who've made a difference while at Minnesota. One of those players mentioned was Tanner Morgan. Sure, this thread is predominantly about recruiting and player rankings, but there are other aspects of Gopher football being discussed as well. You stated that he was "comparing apples and oranges," but you took his comment completely out of context. There's no denying that in 2019, Morgan was a difference maker.

Have we cooled on the Temple transfer already, lol?!

With the mess our kicking game has been I am all for bringing in as many bodies as possible. This Kent State kid was the 2019 Special Teams player of the year in the MAC so if he wants to come here you find a spot for him.

PWOs have room. The licking kicking game is so important. :oops: 'Sorry, my bad.

They didn't call the position group, "Special Teams" for nothing.

When you award a scholie to a HS kicker who doesn't pan out, you have him for four or five years.

Get a few PWO kickers and let them earn a scholie. Even transfer don't always pan out. I can't recall PWOs who was/were awarded a scholie as kickers.

Two games in a season won/lost by the kicking team can turn the fortunes of a team.

Last edited:

Mobley is an upgrade over what we had last year but Trickett is much better. And it’s not like they are using a scholarship on Mobley.
Yeah, I got that sense as well, but you've gotta think Mobley isn't thrilled about another kicker being heavily recruited only weeks after he committed. Maybe he knew coming into it, though...and if so, kudos to him for welcoming comepetition. As a PWO I assume he can back out at any time...correct?

Yeah, I got that sense as well, but you've gotta think Mobley isn't thrilled about another kicker being heavily recruited only weeks after he committed. Maybe he knew coming into it, though...and if so, kudos to him for welcoming comepetition. As a PWO I assume he can back out at any time...correct?
Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t blame him one bit if he backed out. I do feel kind of bad for him. But of course we are in the business of winning and if you aren’t constantly upgrading the roster you will be left behind.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t blame him one bit if he backed out. I do feel kind of bad for him. But of course we are in the business of winning and if you aren’t constantly upgrading the roster you will be left behind.
I’m guessing he transferred here for education purposes, or reasons beyond kicking footballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom