Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess that's the end of that. They never seem to be very warm with the idea of coming here for some reason.

Once we got verbals from a number of other WR it seemed pretty unlikely that they would be coming here. Seemed like nice prospects but probably very little difference between them and the WR we do have committed. Hopefully it works out well for them.

Yeah I'm confident in Fleck's ability to recruit and develop receivers at an elite level where we don't need highly rated legacies who have brothers playing.

The Green boys had their chance to play for the Gophers. Fleck offered them early and would have taken them. Then other quality players committed and the Greens missed the boat.

Too bad because I like legacy players.

Once we got verbals from a number of other WR it seemed pretty unlikely that they would be coming here. Seemed like nice prospects but probably very little difference between them and the WR we do have committed. Hopefully it works out well for them.
Maybe they feel like Texas is their home and they wanted to stick around closer, as well. Seth would be graduated and maybe will not stick around the Cities (no idea) by the time they would’ve got up here.

Sam Jackson is going to decommit again. Took all gopher related stuff off his twitter
If he does, good riddance, and don’t bring him back even if he begs. Not the kind of character I would want on this team.

If he does, good riddance, and don’t bring him back even if he begs. Not the kind of character I would want on this team.
I'd go easy on him. He's a 17 year old kid getting pulled in a lot of directions trying to make the biggest decision of his life. Not to mention the fact that there's a pandemic that has totally changed the recruiting world.

One decommitment from a school is fine and people understand. But if you recommit you better be damn sure that this is the school for you.
I hope (if Sam ends up decommitting) what I read a while back that he and Mar'Keise were good buddies and a package deal, isn't true... if you get my drift.
Sam Jackson is going to decommit again. Took all gopher related stuff off his twitter
Damn, I didn't really mean to 'like' this post. I can't 'unlike' what I did... oops! I was going to reply and hit the wrong 'thing'. I was going to reply that I thought I read long ago, in his ongoing saga, that he and Mar'Keise were a package deal? I hope that isn't the case...

Jackson may eventually end up as a WR at Purdue, too. But if he thinks he has a legitimate shot to become Purdue's QB, I get it. Especially if Brohm promised him a full, fair shot. With 5 guys potentially ahead of him at the U, Jackson's QB chances here are very slim. Still, quite sorry to see him go. He looks to have a lot of talent and I believe would have prospered as a WR in our system.

What's your over and under for the number of times Jackson changes his mind between now and signing day? I think three is a good number.
At this point just go to purdue and never play qb and maybe go to 1 bowl game.

Mine was in that Tarintino movie "And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger..." wait...maybe that is our d-line....no....Samuel L....no, definitely our d-line against future Purdue teams.
That was a DAMN good scene.

It was going to happen sooner or later. I’ll be happy if we stay in the top 30 by the time the class is wrapped up

Yeah the top 10 ranking was nice but it was never going to hold based on the number of players we had signed and the remaining prospects likely to come on board. The team ranking formula is kind of odd anyway because it is very dependent on the total number of recruits you sign. No matter where we finish in the team ranking, as long as this class doesn't lose a bunch of the top guys in it, then it will represent a big step forward in recruiting and hopefully springboard us into an even bigger and better 2022 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom