Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this thread is annoying. Can someone for the love of God start an "all things pissing match between PJ, Claeys and Kill" thread. Every damn thread gets highjacked into the same lame ass arguments. I come on wanting some recuiting news and get this instead. On the 21 front I'm surprised the TE is crystal balled to here, new coaches must have plans to throw to the TE!

Your exclamation point behind this statement made it sound like something good for Minnesota. " A crystal ball has been put in for Jameson Geers! " I looked it up and everything points to Iowa. I must ask, why the exclamation point for Geers?

Your exclamation point behind this statement made it sound like something good for Minnesota. " A crystal ball has been put in for Jameson Geers! " I looked it up and everything points to Iowa. I must ask, why the exclamation point for Geers?

He’s visiting this weekend. The crystal ball is from today. He seems to be leaning Gophers.

I hope I'm dead wrong as to what I was reading. Sorry if I misread it. Could have sworn 61% Iowa.

I hope I'm dead wrong as to what I was reading. Sorry if I misread it. Could have sworn 61% Iowa.

Allen Trieu, who is 19/19 for this year has put in a crystal ball today for Geers!

Bleep Iowa!

You didn’t imagine it. When I clicked on the link earlier today it said Iowa as well. It has since been changed.

I also saw it said Iowa but it was a Rival link that I clicked not 247.

Earlier in this thread I linked an interview with Geers where it basically feels like he is a slam dunk to come here based on the way he was talking. Obviously anything can happen between now and signing day.

If you want to compare Claeys and Fleck, all you have to do is take the class that was completely Claeys: the 2017 one before Fleck was hired. Fleck kept the Minnesota guys and said good-bye to all the other Claeys' recruits. If you check on 247 after Claeys' great 9-4 season, you will see his highest rated out-state recruit was Joshua Croslen at 85.18 and the lowest one was Brett Kitrell at 81.53 with most guys in the 83 range. The 2016 class was recruited mostly expecting to play for Kill. But the 2017 one was 100% Claeys and it was a very weak class that Fleck has done much better than. End of comments, on to 2021.

If you want to compare Claeys and Fleck, all you have to do is take the class that was completely Claeys: the 2017 one before Fleck was hired. Fleck kept the Minnesota guys and said good-bye to all the other Claeys' recruits. If you check on 247 after Claeys' great 9-4 season, you will see his highest rated out-state recruit was Joshua Croslen at 85.18 and the lowest one was Brett Kitrell at 81.53 with most guys in the 83 range. The 2016 class was recruited mostly expecting to play for Kill. But the 2017 one was 100% Claeys and it was a very weak class that Fleck has done much better than. End of comments, on to 2021.
Now who would ever want to do something like that?

And Iowa has been quite the "TE U" lately, with Kittle, Fant, and Hockenson.

The Sori-Marin connection probably helps a lot, but still says a lot if this was a TE that Iowa wanted, and we still land him!

The Sori-Marin connection probably helps a lot, but still says a lot if this was a TE that Iowa wanted, and we still land him!
Lately? They’ve been churning out nfl tight ends the entire Ferentz era. 11 have been drafted since 2000.

Geers got another Gopher crystal ball today.
LOL

I love how it clearly says Minnesota 100%, and then when you click to see the crystal ball list it says "VIP UNLOCK PICK" ... like, gee I wonder who they picked!

Geers obviously watched the two catches by Withan in the bowl game!

I thought that classes were analyzed based on the full class, not the partial class that exists more than a month before signing day. My mistake.

Wish the Gopher basketball team was doing better for the football recruits. The barn can really get going as we all know.

I thought that classes were analyzed based on the full class, not the partial class that exists more than a month before signing day. My mistake.
True, but if you don't have all the data you have to work with what you have. The Minnesotans Claeys recruited were Andries 88, Dominik London 83, Grant Ryerse 81, Nathan Bursch 81 but not Minnesotan Boye Mafe 82 who did not receive an offer until Fleck took over. Of those only Andries and Mafe play, London and Bursch have left the team and Ryerse seems to be a wasted scholarship and of these guys the average rating is about 83 too. That doesn't mean that Claeys didn't have a host of silent verbals from a bunch of 5-star and 4-star recruits. We'll just never know.

True, but if you don't have all the data you have to work with what you have. The Minnesotans Claeys recruited were Andries 88, Dominik London 83, Grant Ryerse 81, Nathan Bursch 81 but not Minnesotan Boye Mafe 82 who did not receive an offer until Fleck took over. Of those only Andries and Mafe play, London and Bursch have left the team and Ryerse seems to be a wasted scholarship and of these guys the average rating is about 83 too. That doesn't mean that Claeys had a host of silent verbals from a bunch of 5-star and 4-star recruits. We'll just never know.

Can we please try and keep this thread about 2021 from this point forward. Someone suggested an all things Kill vs. Claeys vs. Fleck thread and at this point I think that would be a great idea. At some point we just need to let go of the past and move on.

Lot of positive reports coming out of the junior day. Will be fun to see if some of these guys pull the trigger on a commitment as some point in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom