Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athan obviously thinks he will pass up ZA, Clark, and Kramer this year.

Again, I suspect people will have no problem with him thinking that, so long as he earns the spot. The best players should play.
Wrong. He said he wants to. That seems like a big difference.

I lvoe it, competition breeds better outcomes. I suspect we sign even a better QB in the 2022 class.

I like Athan's and other newbies' enthusiasm, drive and commitment. We need more fuel added to the competition.

Last edited:

The big elephant in the room is yet to be dispatched from Omaha ...

Waiting for a decision from Avante Dickerson
Wild guess with no proof: Avante was holding out for Ohio State (or someone like that) to give him the green light to commit to their "offer", hence why he didn't sign with us in the early period. Then they got back to him that they got the guy they wanted, and wished him well. So then he posted on Twitter to signal he was "back in" with the Gophers, and will sign in Feb.

We'll see.

Wild guess with no proof: Avante was holding out for Ohio State (or someone like that) to give him the green light to commit to their "offer", hence why he didn't sign with us in the early period. Then they got back to him that they got the guy they wanted, and wished him well. So then he posted on Twitter to signal he was "back in" with the Gophers, and will sign in Feb.

We'll see.

🙏

I went out of my way to preface it. That's the best you'll ever get.

I will continue to post gut feelings, whenever I feel like sharing them. I won't choose not to share them, simply because I have no hard evidence.
Wild guess with no proof.

Aliens are among us. But they're cool...unless they're not cool and just waiting to do mass probes just for laughs. Then they might eat us alive, but they're waiting for the OK from their alien overlords, but their alien overlords might signal that they've found a different planet that they like better, and taste better.

See? I can do it too.

We'll see.
The Ohio State theory once again.

Wild guess with no proof.

Aliens are among us. But they're cool...unless they're not cool and just waiting to do mass probes just for laughs. Then they might eat us alive, but they're waiting for the OK from their alien overlords, but their alien overlords might signal that they've found a different planet that they like better, and taste better.

See? I can do it too.
You can. And? No one cares. No one is offended.

See? It's just fine.

This recruiting is rigged in favor of tOSU?

This recruiting is rigged in favor of tOSU?
How do you mean rigged?

I wouldn't have used that word. Any more than I would say it is "rigged" if the Gophers and Ohio State offer the same recruit, and the recruit chooses Ohio State. That's just the game.

How do you mean rigged?

I wouldn't have used that word. Any more than I would say it is "rigged" if the Gophers and Ohio State offer the same recruit, and the recruit chooses Ohio State. That's just the game.

I am literally trying to be cute. A parody ala rigged elections. It backfired.

He will go to where he wants to go. We move on one way or the other.

We'll see.
Perhaps, but when he originally committed, he had offers from Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, Michigan, and Iowa. So we at leadt rank over those schools.

He could have us as a 1a, or it could be he just wanted to wait just to make certain it’s not an impulse buy.

I went out of my way to preface it. That's the best you'll ever get.

I will continue to post gut feelings, whenever I feel like sharing them. I won't choose not to share them, simply because I have no hard evidence.
Sometimes gut feelings stink.

Perhaps, but when he originally committed, he had offers from Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, Michigan, and Iowa. So we at leadt rank over those schools.

He could have us as a 1a, or it could be he just wanted to wait just to make certain it’s not an impulse buy.

I wonder if all of those offers were commitable. Hard to say.

I wonder if all of those offers were commitable. Hard to say.
Yeah that's the tough one.

Non committable 'offers' don't seem like offers .... but they certainly exist.

I've certainly seen guys with a laundry list of offers and has been at least assumed / 'well known' that some of them were very much non committable. And the way things play out in the end it sort of becomes obvious that they weren't.

Offers are meaningless, these days.

A school can give out hundred of offers each cycle. Hundreds. When they can only accept a max of 25. Each of those "offers" shows up on the player's 247 page as an offer.

But an offer carries no binding agreement behind it. A recruit who "accepts" the offer and "commits", could wake up on signing day only to find that the school has simply rejected his commitment and declined to accept his submitted NLI signed document.

Obviously it wouldn't come to that, because they'd be communicating the whole time.

It is the survival of the fitness. Since the start of ESPN and TV contracts the money is flowing. It is about the money. Coaches are chasing it, kids are chasing it, don't Div I guys all get a monthly pay check, plus scholarship, athletic wear, travel. Before this, I think most players played for their local teams. Now teams like SD are recruiting Florida. Despite recruiting full time for four years, he is pulling 6 transfers at one time, including players from Clemson. It is all about win today, it is about the money.

It is the survival of the fitness. Since the start of ESPN and TV contracts the money is flowing. It is about the money. Coaches are chasing it, kids are chasing it, don't Div I guys all get a monthly pay check, plus scholarship, athletic wear, travel. Before this, I think most players played for their local teams. Now teams like SD are recruiting Florida. Despite recruiting full time for four years, he is pulling 6 transfers at one time, including players from Clemson. It is all about win today, it is about the money.

What you're describing is nothing new. College sports have been big business for quite some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom