Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
J2wC1Cm.jpg
Morris looks he is smelling a nasty fart.

Why haven’t we offered this 2021 OT from Edina, who currently has 4 P5 offers?

Good question.
Maybe we have but 247 hasn't updated yet.

I looked at his Twitter feed. He also has offers from Nebraska and Oklahoma State. Iowa is also sniffing around. Sounds like that’s the offer he really wants. So much for that one!

Eastern is standing in front of Fleck, and Morris is standing behind him - yet Morris is closer to the camera? LOL - ok, bro.
OK, have it your way. Just keep digging.

I looked at his Twitter feed. He also has offers from Nebraska and Oklahoma State. Iowa is also sniffing around. Sounds like that’s the offer he really wants. So much for that one!
TCU, Michigan & Nebraska seemed to all offer this week

I don’t think this has been mentioned. Nebraska also offered him.

Yep, apparently Nebraska had offered him the a day or two before Minnesota did. Iowa State and some other FCS schools were also starting to contact him, so there was some definite interest in him.

He missed his Sophomore year, which helps explain why he appeared out of no where suddenly.

Yep, apparently Nebraska had offered him the a day or two before Minnesota did. Iowa State and some other FCS schools were also starting to contact him, so there was some definite interest in him.

He missed his Sophomore year, which helps explain why he appeared out of no where suddenly.

I just read about it here. It covers his relationship with Morris too. This kid is all in.

Interesting to see that other teams are beating us to offering MN kids, which seems backwards. If a local kid shows interest and you know he is B1G talent, he we should be first to offer. I know it's hard to know the truth on many of these offerings, however.

Here are some highlights of Deven. I wonder if they view him as more of an interior DL than a DE? That’s what he looks like to me, anyway.

Here are some highlights of Deven. I wonder if they view him as more of an interior DL than a DE? That’s what he looks like to me, anyway.

With the frame he's got as a junior, I can definitely see him ending up as a 3 Tech DT in the future. Maybe be the next Ra'Shede

He's a junior.
Two days ago when he released his announcement and it hit some facebook posts, there was no 247 page for him.

On another site, an inference was made that a recruit who the staff really likes who doesn't have an offer on that site was going to announce. It appears it's Deven who posted it semi-privately earlier this week.

What's really interesting about this is how recruits get ranked. Here's a guy who appears to be a Big Ten caliber recruit with Big Ten size, and no ranking, in fact not even a 247 page who plays football in the toughest metro conference in Minnesota.

Makes you wonder how these all important recruiting rankings occur.

Really interested to see if he's pegged at a 0.79 or a 0.84 or a 0.89 once a ranking is assigned.
I think the rankings are a very imperfect system. I think a lot of talent probably goes under appreciated, and some average guys get a lot more hype due to the location they play in.

Interesting to see that other teams are beating us to offering MN kids, which seems backwards. If a local kid shows interest and you know he is B1G talent, he we should be first to offer. I know it's hard to know the truth on many of these offerings, however.
On the other hand, I like that Big Ten teams know they need to come up to the Twin Cities and look at getting kids.

Says a lot about the qualify of football we play here. Sure, I wish Minnesota would keep them all, but we know that isn't ever likely to be the case. Some kids just want to get away from home for a while.

With the frame he's got as a junior, I can definitely see him ending up as a 3 Tech DT in the future. Maybe be the next Ra'Shede
Looks like Shakopee runs a traditional 3-4 and he's got his hand in the dirt, lined up over the tackle or even between the guard and tackle, anyway.

Natural 3-tech in a 40 front.

Appears to be wearing a Minnesota Lanyard.
Yes it clearly seems to be. So perhaps that pic was taken at an underclassman recruiting event? I would think they're pretty well aware of him. So disappointed if he doesn't have an offer from us yet.

I see that K-State offered Swinney as well. That's going to be another program that will be sniffing around the Twin Cities every year now, because their coach was previously at NDSU, which recruits the Cities as bread n butter every year.

Swinney is going to be a tough get. He grew up an Iowa fan because of his grandfather. This article covers that. I also saw a couple other comments about hoping for an Iowa offer. He said he’ll be visiting several schools in the near future, including Notre Dame and Minnesota. For a kid with his mid 3-star rating, he sure is getting a lot of attention all of a sudden.

I see that K-State offered Swinney as well. That's going to be another program that will be sniffing around the Twin Cities every year now, because their coach was previously at NDSU, which recruits the Cities as bread n butter every year.

The ruminant from the other sunflower state progrum appears to be sampling the turf up here more often as well.

Playing in the Big 12 instead of the Big 10? Ewwww.

Yeah, he'll grow into a DT (most likely). He is even larger than Ra'Shede at this age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom