Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

What if Craemer and Marsette conspired to screw over the Gophers two days before signing day?

Maybe PJF is tough to say no to in person and then after leaving they have buyer's remorse. We didn't see this much with JK/TC but they didn't put pressure on kids to commit on the visit (likely to a fault). Maybe we'll see this more with PJF. Although, to do so in 24 hours is a bit odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a smelly upwind draft welcome to the B1G lob from the pig sty down south of us.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the thin depth at CB I would much rather have a player like Mafe than Creamer or Marsette. From everything I've read Mafe has the talent and physical ability to be a quality pass rusher one day. Those are hard to come by. As such, while I'd like to have the CB's, I'm not gonna loose too much sleep over it if we land Mafe. And getting Robinson earlier today took away what if any sting from their decommits.

What if Craemer and Marsette conspired to screw over the Gophers two days before signing day?

If this turned out to largely be true, just imagine the long term impact. Fleck would completely shred Ferentz with every similar recruit for quite a while. Or at least I hope he would. No Denny Green high road on that one.

Kaler is still here, Coyle is still here, why are you? I thought you were done if they were still around.

Hopefully Snake the greater will be gone after his review in May. Would be surprised if he is not already speaking to east coast schools without real athletic programs...more his style.

Hard to figure how that would happen one day after he commits. Also strange that he and Creamer re-tweeted each other's respective commitments the past couple of days; I'm guessing Creamer is in his ear. Would be pretty shocking to lose two commits this late in the game to a bitter rival.

It's not that shocking. We had a good idea Creamer was gone a while ago and Marsette was only "ours" for like 24 hours. I like Justus Harris just as much as Creamer, and better than the tooth pick Marsette. Marsette strikes me as more of a wr than a cb also.

Hopefully Snake the greater will be gone after his review in May. Would be surprised if he is not already speaking to east coast schools without real athletic programs...more his style.

Based on what?

It's not that shocking. We had a good idea Creamer was gone a while ago and Marsette was only "ours" for like 24 hours. I like Justus Harris just as much as Creamer, and better than the tooth pick Marsette.

I like what I see from Lubin anyway, if he commits.

Hudl only has his Junior highlights but he has this Senior compilation pinned on his Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/dc_lubin4/status/817114017483329536

He's 6'2" 185, and hits like a truck.

Maybe PJF is tough to say no to in person and then after leaving they have buyer's remorse. We didn't see this much with JK/TC but they didn't put pressure on kids to commit on the visit (likely to a fault). Maybe we'll see this more with PJF. Although, to do so in 24 hours is a bit odd.

Maybe they read the pioneer press and learned about the no hat and no earbud policy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes them look bad. Not us. Here's to Creamer and Marsette never winning that damn pig.

How's this make them look bad? People were all over this board woofin' about PJ winning recruiting battles over IA and other P5 schools. So this is what crow tastes like?

I like what I see from Lubin anyway, if he commits.

Hudl only has his Junior highlights but he has this Senior compilation pinned on his Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/dc_lubin4/status/817114017483329536

He's 6'2" 185, and hits like a truck.

Really- you got that from that video "highlight" film. Not surprised he's 2* with no other great offers (no I don't call ISU a great offer). Let's be straight here- the loss of Creamer is a big problem and PJ should have done more to keep him in the fold.

Wow- not too smart to decommit without assuring a spot is still available. WTF?

Really- you got that from that video "highlight" film. Not surprised he's 2* with no other great offers (no I don't call ISU a great offer). Let's be straight here- the loss of Creamer is a big problem and PJ should have done more to keep him in the fold.

How do you know what Fleck and staff did or didn't do? They could have been doing all the could to get him here, and they may have encouraged him to look elsewhere. We don't know, and there is no reason to read too much into this class. They closed on and got commitments from some kids the previous staff had been recruiting, found some new one's, and encouraged others to look elsewhere.

Who exactly was encouraged to leave, few folks on GH know. Some kids shared as much, others like to pretend they decommitted, & a few others really did. In the end, it doesn't matter - they aren't coming to the U. Fleck and staff do have commitments from quite a few talented kids who it will be fun to watch in the future.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Ferentz heard about a plan to screw PJ over because Creamer felt mistreated by him- and KF wanted no part of it? Then again he's not dumb enuf to tell Creamer to pound sand!

Wow- not too smart to decommit without assuring a spot is still available. WTF?

Maybe Ferentz is enforcing his "no more visits" policy. It was mentioned upthread that he verbally committed to Iowa on his visit last week. Then he comes here and commits this past weekend. It's entirely possible that Ferentz told him to take a hike.

Yeah- not feeling too bad for the kid- learn fro your mistakes and try to enjoy life at Rutgers

Why would he want someone that visits school behind his back? Be all in or go to a different school don't lie to people.

How do you know what Fleck and staff did or didn't do? They could have been doing all the could to get him here, and they may have encouraged him to look elsewhere. We don't know, and there is no reason to read too much into this class. They closed on and got commitments from some kids the previous staff had been recruiting, found some new one's, and encouraged others to look elsewhere.

Who exactly was encouraged to leave, few folks on GH know. Some kids shared as much, others like to pretend they decommitted, & a few others really did. In the end, it doesn't matter - they aren't coming to the U. Fleck and staff do have commitments from quite a few talented kids who it will be fun to watch in the future.

All I know is the way it's going you could be the starting CB next year

All I know is the way it's going you could be the starting CB next year

That's why all this talk of 8-9 wins around here is nuts, unless we get some of the suspended players back.

Why would he want someone that visits school behind his back? Be all in or go to a different school don't lie to people.

Don't agree with his lying either. But for all the bluster about PJ he was unable to gain this Kid's trust enough to keep him from looking at greener (or in IA case browner) pastures. With tonight's really odd decommit we're nearly down to asking dpo's mother to try out for CB (jk dpo). Considering how this is probably the position in the greatest acute need- PJs performance (and his new DB coach) has been lacking. Hopefully he's got a trick or two up his sleeve.

Don't agree with his lying either. But for all the bluster about PJ he was unable to gain this Kid's trust enough to keep him from looking at greener (or in IA case browner) pastures. With tonight's really odd decommit we're nearly down to asking dpo's mother to try out for CB (jk dpo). Considering how this is probably the position in the greatest acute need- PJs performance (and his new DB coach) has been lacking. Hopefully he's got a trick or two up his sleeve.

Not sure what you want him to do he flew to his home and high school to visit him and said he was staying committed and canceling all visits then proceeds to visit Iowa. Sounds like a snake i wouldn't want around. He hasn't decommited and if he does who cares next man up. Rather have a high two star or walk on rather than a low three star who doesn't want to be here.

Completely agree. If he hadn't of lied I'd absolutely say this is a tragedy to lose him (and maybe now ihmirr or whatever ) to Iowa, but with that bs he did, don't need that fool.

Top Bottom