Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

We need a Wisconsin, Florida, California, Louisiana and Missouri commit so we can have recruits from all 50 states... I kid but we have recruits from Alabama (1) Georgia (1) Illinois (4) Indiana (1) Iowa (1) Kansas (1) Kentucky (2) Maryland (1) Michigan (3) Minnesota (5) Mississippi (1) New Jersey (1) Ohio (1) Oregon (1) Texas (1). That's 15 states...quite a bit of distribution diversity in 25 guys.

Scholarship...post #2658

Hopefully he is a diamond in the rough that Paup and apparently nobody else saw. Not sure how excited to get about a commit that only had offers from UNI and South Dakota. (not even SDSU) Otherwise it might have benefitted us to keep that scholly to try to find a gem after NSD.

Hopefully he is a diamond in the rough that Paup and apparently nobody else saw. Not sure how excited to get about a commit that only had offers from UNI and South Dakota. (not even SDSU) Otherwise it might have benefitted us to keep that scholly to try to find a gem after NSD.

Well, he's two stars on Rivals...same number of stars Khalil Mack had out of high school to go along with his lone offer from Buffalo. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're more optimistic than me- he's a major project. The other 2 visiting guys may be DTs that can play at least from a size standpoint this year or next. If this young man is truly earmarked for DT he's at least 2 years away from contributing. Hope we pick up Silver (and maybe one more) if we have enough scholarships available.

You're more optimistic than me- he's a major project. The other 2 visiting guys may be DTs that can play at least from a size standpoint this year or next. If this young man is truly earmarked for DT he's at least 2 years away from contributing. Hope we pick up Silver (and maybe one more) if we have enough scholarships available.

Anybody we're picking up in the last week before signing day is a project and will be lucky to play special teams in year 2. It's okay, we just need some bodies on the defensive line period. We can get more skilled guys next year.

How many more recruits will we sign? Jafar Armstrong? Malcolm Robinson? Boye Mafe? Royal Silver? Will Trey Creamer stay? Any other true surprises?

Anybody we're picking up in the last week before signing day is a project and will be lucky to play special teams in year 2. It's okay, we just need some bodies on the defensive line period. We can get more skilled guys next year.

Agreed that these last minute guys for the most part are projects- but I'd rather have s project that's close to playing weight when we're talking about DT prospects- and Silver would make us less skewed in our distribution of players (by class) after this year.

Agreed that these last minute guys for the most part are projects- but I'd rather have s project that's close to playing weight when we're talking about DT prospects- and Silver would make us less skewed in our distribution of players (by class) after this year.

He's playing Defensive End

Maybe he'll be a little like Cameron Botticelli. The one difference is he was a walk on but he also didn't have any FBS offers. Botticelli redshirted his first year, but played in every game as a RS Freshman, and started every game as a RS Sophomore. Schirck is already listed 20 lbs heavier than Botticelli was coming out of high school.

You're probably right, Minnesota doesn't seem to beat out ND for many recruits, I guess we'll find out on Wednesday. I wouldn't rule out Minnesota yet though. He seemed to enjoy his Minnesota visit. He seems sold on Fleck. Mohamed Ibrahim hinted at another commit and Armstrong did visit with Ibrahim. And finally, Brian Kelly just may be on thin ice at ND, that's not something to be overlooked. It should be an interesting couple of days.

Hey, we beat ND for Demetrius Douglas. But he's a legacy I guess...

Armstrong just committed to Notre Dame.

I wonder if we will play the same scheme under Fleck/Smith that we did under Claeys/Sawvel. Could be that the new guys want to go a lot bigger across the DL and Schirck may be slated to play DE. He'll likely red-shirt whatever is in the plans.

He'll end up at DT.

He'll bulk up to 285-290 in a year and a half (he'll be a RS FR).

By the time he gets PT, I'd be shocked if he ends up at DE.

All I know is, he is quick and agile and big. I think he'll contribute.

I wonder if we will play the same scheme under Fleck/Smith that we did under Claeys/Sawvel. Could be that the new guys want to go a lot bigger across the DL and Schirck may be slated to play DE. He'll likely red-shirt whatever is in the plans.

He would project to be an enormous DE. He already (at 17/18 w/o college strength and conditioning) is the size of a lot of DEs drafted last year. He is almost the identical size of Joey Bosa.

He will end up at DT. That's a good thing too. But he'll end up bulking up to 285/290 rather easily.

So who's on the waiting blocks to commit?

CB Tery Creamer, is he staying put?
WDE Boye Mafe?
DT Malcolm Robinson?
DT Royal Silver?
CB Jeffrey Lubin, back up to Trey Creamer?

Are some of these guys awaiting admissions clearance?

It looks like all the big dogs like Thayer Munford are just pipe dreams.

So who's on the waiting blocks to commit?

CB Tery Creamer, is he staying put?
WDE Boye Mafe?
DT Malcolm Robinson?
DT Royal Silver?
CB Jeffrey Lubin, back up to Trey Creamer?

Are some of these guys awaiting admissions clearance?

It looks like all the big dogs like Thayer Munford are just pipe dreams.

Justus Harris just commited

Has no one caugjt the fact A very good CB Justus Harris just committed to the U?!? Where's the discussion on this people! You're slippin!!

Has no one caugjt the fact A very good CB Justus Harris just committed to the U?!? Where's the discussion on this people! You're slippin!!

It looks like he could be the real deal.

Other than the two threads?

Just how many open scholies are available, does anyone know?

What does this tell us about 10 players on appeal?

Oh, didn't see it on here and this is where I come first. My bad I'll go look. Thanks.

No harm. Just thought I'd get the shot in before someone else did.

Top Bottom