Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Michael Warren just decommitted from Toledo.

So who's left as a realistic option?

Michael Warren, Jafar Armstrong, and Boye Mafe seem to be in play. Any others to look for?

Folks are likely focused on Munford due to the Warriner connection but Fleck and co. are likely trying to convert a bunch of their late offers to visits this weekend. Chances are we'll have a couple more secret visits that we won't know about till they're here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the Gophers ever have this much attention from DTs before? It has always been a difficult position to recruit here.

Did the Gophers ever have this much attention from DTs before? It has always been a difficult position to recruit here.

I think Hageman and Richardson have elevated the profile of the position within our defense in recent years. Add Paup's NFL pedigree to the mix and I can see more players taking notice.

This was the biggest failure over the last two recruiting cycles, IMO. No freshman or sophs on the scholarship grid unless people switch positions. Would like to see Beebe at DT.

Previous staff while getting a lot of quality secondary and linebackers really struggled at the DTs the last two years and it's going to hurt after 2017. Will probably be forced to get a juco or two. I would like to see them sign 4 this year

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://247sports.com/Player/Corey-Bolds-78477

Offer list. Wow.

Agree. Almost in disbelief that we can get a guy with the following offers on a visit, seemingly last second and out of the blue

Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Iowa, North Carolina, Kentucky, Maryland, Illinois, Boston College, Rutgers

Bryce Paup listed as the recruiter...interestingly enough Ed Warriner is listed as his primary recruiter at Ohio State per 247

Agree. Almost in disbelief that we can get a guy with the following offers on a visit, seemingly last second and out of the blue

Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Iowa, North Carolina, Kentucky, Maryland, Illinois, Boston College, Rutgers

Holy moly.

Looking at Corey Bolds' Hudl account, I want this guy on my team. Now.

This is the time to pick low hanging fruit that dropped off from big programs. We'd never been able to do this previously. These are players that are shut out from their dream schools because there are either no openings or they are looking for the right position coaches. I am hoping this will be the case with Thurman Munford and Corey Bolds. There is competition from Pitt and UK for Munford.

Get 'm here and the magic man will do his trick.

Layne decommits...ooops sorry already posted

I know we have 24 commits which is more than many other schools but I think it is interesting the we have a top 50 class now. Even 247 which has us ranked lower than the other sites has us at 48. I think we were in the 60's before Fleck was hired.

Search function isn't working. Remind me who Layne is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bryce Paup listed as the recruiter...interestingly enough Ed Warriner is listed as his primary recruiter at Ohio State per 247

This is fantastic! We just don't know our ceiling yet.

We have a great University with excellent academics so we have a lot to offer including the chance to watch two of our former players in the upcoming Super Bowl. This is what Fleck was referring too IMO; "things will be very different".

Bolds would be a great get. It's great to see Fleck prioritizing D-line. It's a difficult position to recruit, and it should be a priority every single year.

If Layne and Creamer are going to leave, I'd rather they leave now. Fleck can work his magic in the final week that way. Bolds and Mafe could make this one hell of a d-line class.

I'm sure most of those offers aren't committable anymore but it is still impressive to see at one point in time they were.

He's a 4 star on ESPN.

If Layne and Creamer are going to leave, I'd rather they leave now. Fleck can work his magic in the final week that way. Bolds and Mafe could make this one hell of a d-line class.

We'll have to see what happens on the 26th, but losing our two cbs who were recruited by elite db minds is problematic, to say the least, in light of how our roster will likely stack up next year.

I have to imagine there will be a few corners on OVs this weekend.

Rumors are that Bolds is borderline academically, which is likely a big reason we're willing to take a chance on him that others aren't. If he can qualify, it'd be another Gary Russell situation where we luck into a stud who would've never considered coming here with a solid academic profile.

Top Bottom