Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Offering high end talent that is committed, has multiple offers, and isn't coming here does absolutely nothing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa cowboy. He's committed to Baylor. Not so fast on the Debbie Downer.

Why'd we go after that guy that was committed to Oregon and had the Notre Dame offer?

Right. A guy with MN ties is the same thing. Great Point.

Further - I'm talking about offers thrown out to guys we don't have a relationship with "just cuz". It does nothing for me.

Right. A guy with MN ties is the same thing. Great Point.

Further - I'm talking about offers thrown out to guys we don't have a relationship with "just cuz". It does nothing for me.

Actually he made a great point and made your comment look foolish. The idea that we shouldn't offer a recruit simply because he has offers already from some higher profile schools is absurd. Talk about loser talk.

Actually he made a great point and made your comment look foolish. <b>The idea that we shouldn't offer a recruit simply because he has offers already from some higher profile schools is absurd. </b>Talk about loser talk.

Is that what I said? Pretty sure I was talking about a particular recruit from TX that we have no connection with, is committed to Baylor, and has offers from Oklahoma, Texas, USC, and about 20 other schools. And that is somehow equivalent to offering DD who has MN ties and was considering us at one point under the previous coaches. Yep, same thing.

I'm glad you get excited every time we offer some high profile guy. That is great. Get back to me when one visits here.

Is that what I said? Pretty sure I was talking about a particular recruit from TX that we have no connection with, is committed to Baylor, and has offers from Oklahoma, Texas, USC, and about 20 other schools. And that is somehow equivalent to offering DD who has MN ties and was considering us at one point under the previous coaches. Yep, same thing.

I'm glad you get excited every time we offer some high profile guy. That is great. Get back to me when one visits here.

I don't know whether he has a connection with anyone on the coaching staff, and neither do you. Perhaps Maurice Linguist does?

Jalen Holston is visiting. Also, do you really have any clue as to whether the staff has a relationship with this player? I don't know why you assume they are just randomly throwing offers out.

And it's exciting to see that they are attempting to compete for more sought after players, something that some coaching staffs seem to avoid. Time will tell how it turns out.

And it's not as if they're going after Deion Sanders here. He's a 3 star recruit who might not see the field for 2-3 years at some of the other schools. Instant playing time if he comes here.

I don't know whether he has a connection with anyone on the coaching staff, and neither do you. Perhaps Maurice Linguist does?

Also, do you really have any clue as to whether the staff has a relationship with this player? I don't know why you assume they are just randomly throwing offers out.

Fair enough.

Going back to my original post - throwing out offers to highly rated guys that are committed, have other offers, and <b>aren't visiting here </b> does nothing for me. My point was that until they visit here I view it as a big fat yawn. My point was never that we shouldn't offer anyone that has "better" offers. True enough that for all I know Mo and SB camp together every summer in the boundary waters.

Fair enough.

Going back to my original post - throwing out offers to highly rated guys that are committed, have other offers, and <b>aren't visiting here </b> does nothing for me. My point was that until they visit here I view it as a big fat yawn. My point was never that we shouldn't offer anyone that has "better" offers. True enough that for all I know Mo and SB camp together every summer in the boundary waters.

I agree with your visiting point. But he just received the Baylor, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Boise St offers within the last 2.5 weeks. He also just visited Texas-San Antonio last week. It's pretty obvious his recruitment is still open and we have a need for DBs. They aren't going to waste time and resources on someone they have zero chance with this late in the game.

I agree with your visiting point. But he just received the Baylor, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Boise St offers within the last 2.5 weeks. He also just visited Texas-San Antonio last week. It's pretty obvious his recruitment is still open and we have a need for DBs. They aren't going to waste time and resources on someone they have zero chance with this late in the game.

Agreed. I think I jumped a bit too fast in this particular recruitment. My initial post still stands, but I have no proof this guy fits that criteria.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am bringing the recruiting process to an end it's been a long journey and I'm more then bless to play on the next level &#55357;&#56383; PROUD GOPHER <a href="https://t.co/bAmjjuJGmr">pic.twitter.com/bAmjjuJGmr</a></p>— rey(@ese_tipo5) <a href="https://twitter.com/ese_tipo5/status/821779480406589448">January 18, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I see your Mizzou commitment, and I raise you #EliteNation. Now time to lock up Kendarion Handy-Holly.

Top Bottom