Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I saw Trey Creamer has schedule an unofficial visit up here on the 20th. He's already officially visited, and hasn't scheduled any other visits that I've seen. I think he must be pretty serious about coming here if he is coming back up for an unofficial. Perhaps just wants to meet the new staff to reaffirm things.

Interesting. 4 star Wide Receiver Tyjon Lindsey decommits from Ohio State the day after their OC leaves for Minnesota. Just saying...

247 Sports is now listing Noah Gindorff as having an offer as of 1/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. 4 star Wide Receiver Tyjon Lindsey decommits from Ohio State the day after their OC leaves for Minnesota. Just saying...

Ohio State fans seem to think he's going to Nebraska. That's what Nebraska fans seem to think as well.

Ohio State fans seem to think he's going to Nebraska. That's what Nebraska fans seem to think as well.

247 has Nebraska listed as the favorite. I have to imagine that we are talking to him as well at this point.

Journal Standard: 'Dream come true' for Boylan's Noah Hickcox to follow Fleck to Gophers

"It's a dream come true," Hickcox said. "Coach Fleck is going to turn that program into something that is incredible. The fact that I can go with him on that ride is an amazing experience for me."

Hickcox adopted Fleck's relentless family message at Western Michigan and brought it home to Boylan, where it resonated even more loudly because Hickcox's dad died of cancer midseason, during Boylan's run to a co-NIC-10 title.

"It all started with the culture that Coach Fleck set up; he really emphasized family," Hickcox said. "That's what I tried to implement at Boylan this year. It's amazing how he could turn a Group of 5 school and make them compete with Power 5 athletes. He proved you don't have to be a Power 5 school to win Power 5 games. Now that he's at a Power 5 school, he can do even more amazing things.

"Me and him have such a deep connection. He has been with me through everything that happened with my father. I wouldn't want to do this with anybody else."

http://www.journalstandard.com/spor...ylans-noah-hickcox-to-follow-fleck-to-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Can someone answer a question for me about 247 and their rankings of players? Under each players star rating there are dots. What r those for?? Thanks!

I don't want to rip the previous staff, but think about this for a moment. Going into this class, the 3 most important position groups imo were D-line, QB, and WR. QB and WR because they have been weak spots for the past 6 years, D-line because we haven't added nearly as many players as we needed to the past 2 classes. Using Feb'2016 as the unofficial start of the 2017 recruiting cycle, here is how Fleck performed vs the previous staff.

In 11 months, the previous staff added zero prep QBs. Fleck added one with multiple power 5 offers on Day 1.

In 11 months, the previous staff added 1 WR. Fleck added a higher-rated WR on Day 1.

In 11 months, the previous staff had 1 d-line commit despite having to know this was a huge area of need. Fleck added 3 d-line recruits in 3 days.

Time will tell how good his recruits are, but I love the aggressiveness on his part. It's a great start.

Can someone answer a question for me about 247 and their rankings of players? Under each players star rating there are dots. What r those for?? Thanks!

I'll let Spoofin handle this one.

I'd say with the events of the past few months DB is an area of major need too JG. Maybe as much or more than all u listed.

Dots >>>> Stars

I'd say with the events of the past few months DB is an area of major need too JG. Maybe as much or more than all u listed.

It's definitely a need now, but it wasn't when we thought that Hardin, Buford and Shenault would be playing next year. I think we will be okay. Durr looked really good in the bowl game, and Kiondre Thomas was good enough where he would have played as a freshman most years. Shenault was part of the "2nd group of 5," so there's a chance he is reinstated. Creamer and Layne both appear to be solid in their commitments. It would be nice to add 1 JUCO corner. As for safety, a lot of it will depend on if Winfield Jr returns.

There are 4 main recruiting sites - 247, Scout, Rivals, and ESPN. Each dot represents how many services have rated the prospect. E.g. 1 dot means that one of them, say 247, rated the prospect. 2 dots means 2 of them, say 247 and Scout, have rated the prospect. And so on.

There are 4 main recruiting sites - 247, Scout, Rivals, and ESPN. Each dot represents how many services have rated the prospect. E.g. 1 dot means that one of them, say 247, rated the prospect. 2 dots means 2 of them, say 247 and Scout, have rated the prospect. And so on.

Thanks!!

It will be interesting to watch where the decommits end up. So far it looks like the following:

Jimmie Terry - ECU
Javan Hawes - Cincy
Claudin Cherelus - UMass
Jakyle Holmes - tbd

No power 5 offers for any of the 4 as of now.

It's definitely a need now, but it wasn't when we thought that Hardin, Buford and Shenault would be playing next year. I think we will be okay. Durr looked really good in the bowl game, and Kiondre Thomas was good enough where he would have played as a freshman most years. Shenault was part of the "2nd group of 5," so there's a chance he is reinstated. Creamer and Layne both appear to be solid in their commitments. It would be nice to add 1 JUCO corner. As for safety, a lot of it will depend on if Winfield Jr returns.

Agreed, however, AWjr11 (transfer) and CD16 (injury) are both more likely to not play than to play next year. If the suspensions (or transfers) happen, we are suddenly in big trouble, IMHO.

Agreed, however, AWjr11 (transfer) and CD16 (injury) are both more likely to not play than to play next year. If the suspensions (or transfers) happen, we are suddenly in big trouble, IMHO.

Rodney Smith said he'd play DB and RB. We good.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think db is a bigger need than WR. We don't even know what we have in Hmielewski and Howard. We know Stills can be good and Carter has experience. Register, Gentry, and Holland all seem to have wasted away under the old regime, but they looked like talented prospects coming in. I think the new regime should be able to bring out those talents. Tyler Johnson should be a good wr too.

do work!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think db is a bigger need than WR. We don't even know what we have in Hmielewski and Howard. We know Stills can be good and Carter has experience. Register, Gentry, and Holland all seem to have wasted away under the old regime, but they looked like talented prospects coming in. I think the new regime should be able to bring out those talents. Tyler Johnson should be a good wr too.

I personally, have fairly high expectations for Hmielewski.

I personally, have fairly high expectations for Hmielewski.

My expectations for him are much lower than most. I know someone pretty close to the Marshall program. Basically told me we're lucky to get Blaise, but said Hmielewski couldn't stay healthy and thinks it's unlikely he'll be able to stay healthy in college too.

My expectations for him are much lower than most. I know someone pretty close to the Marshall program. Basically told me we're lucky to get Blaise, but said Hmielewski couldn't stay healthy and thinks it's unlikely he'll be able to stay healthy in college too.

Hmielewski is an incredibly gifted athlete. Yes, he has dealt with the injury bug, but don't confuse that for being "brittle" or "made of glass." The kid goes 100% on every play. It's what makes him great, but also what opens him up to injury. He'll need to learn at college level to protect himself going up for a catch or across the middle. That's just not how he is wired though.

Wasn't Register the one who was going to move to DB? Or is that plan scrapped with the new regime?

I heard there is 2 NDSU recruits that Flecks trying to flip. any truth to that?

Fleck's enthusiasm is fun to watch, it'll be interesting to see what kind of walk on program he has in my opinion.

I believe Gindorf was the NDSU player, but there is also talk about Sherel's taking a stronger look at Zeke Ott, who is currently committed to UND. Both are listed as 3 star players on 247.

Top Bottom