Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Ryan Glover decommits from Colorado State. QB. Gophers are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glover is the QB we need.

Yeah, I remember watching his hudl and being really surprised that he didn't have better offers.

Also. . . a small bit of background information, Ryan Glover was Usher's stepson. His two half-brothers' father is Usher.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
http://247sports.com/player/terry-wright-46035478
http://247sports.com/player/malik-stanley-67143

Dang, these two look like they could contribute...surprised more people haven't commented on these visits. Wright, especially, looks like he can really go get the ball. They were just lobbing up back-shoulder throws to him like crazy.

Claeys obviously VERY worried about the WR position (as he should be)...

Looks like Bill Snider technique in full affect if we get more JUCO's.

Looks like Bill Snider technique in full affect if we get more JUCO's.

It's definitely not the Snyder technique. After watching our WRs this year and knowing that 1-2 will probably be transferring out, this makes perfect sense.

It's definitely not the Snyder technique. After watching our WRs this year and knowing that 1-2 will probably be transferring out, this makes perfect sense.

We know 1-2 WR are transferring?

I think it's needed based on the recruiting and coach them up mentality. If guys don't blossom, you have to get JUCO's to save redshirts on young guys.

I'll breath easier when he signs this week.

I think it's needed based on the recruiting and coach them up mentality. If guys don't blossom, you have to get JUCO's to save redshirts on young guys.

At least they are addressing positions of need aggressively on offense. QBs & pass catchers have to be better. Competition is good. Duds are no good.

Are we seeing Claeys working his magic? In the end, he may have a few surprises in recruiting.

Hope springs eternal. Then again, it could be we that we are witnessing a turning point for this program. Recruiting has to improve to get to the next level.

Not only do we need quality starters, we need good team depth. One or two legitimate four stars can be huge.

Honestly, could be for the best for some of these guys, if they want to play, they may need to go some place else.

I feel like getting a couple JUCO'S is fine, Tracy is recognizing a need, and filling it best he can, just like O Line last year and QB this year. Hopefully, he can figure out why we are swinging and missing at this position with highschool recruits.

Jimmie Terry, Juco offensive linemen commits

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Malik Henry is looking for a new home and we need a QB. Just saying...

Malik Henry is looking for a new home and we need a QB. Just saying...
I don't get why we can't get consideration from a top grad transfer. What more could a QB want? Solid run game; check. Great defense; check. Top tier conference; check. Solid O-line; check(ish). Now WR is the biggest weakness in this equation, but it's looking like the WR position is trending up. I just think any quality transfer would be handed the keys to the team & be a contender for a B10 title from the moment he stepped on campus.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't get why we can't get consideration from a top grad transfer. What more could a QB want? Solid run game; check. Great defense; check. Top tier conference; check. Solid O-line; check(ish). Now WR is the biggest weakness in this equation, but it's looking like the WR position is trending up. I just think any quality transfer would be handed the keys to the team & be a contender for a B10 title from the moment he stepped on campus.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Same reasons any recruit wouldn't otherwise pick us...

not that Malik Henry is a grad transfer, but are grad transfers actually on campus for more than one semester? is weather an impediment?

Top Bottom