Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I have been following this story closely and I am willing to bet he had a heart issue that led to this. My son was born with a heart disease that affected his aorta, the only symptom he was having was a mild discrepancy between the blood pressure on his arm and the one on his toe. They were going to discharge him but our pediatrician finally caught what the cause was. When we were told of the condition 4 doctors and 3 nurses were in the room and they told us at that time (6 years ago) that this is the condition that most likely kills the high school athletes as it is simply not checked for during physical exams. Parents of young athletes, when you get your physical exams ask them to test the blood pressure in the lower extremities as well as normal arm blood pressure. This may in fact save your child's life one day. By the way, my son was considered a mild case and they were going to hold off on surgery but after two checkups it was worsening so they did at 3 weeks of age. It can progressively get worse as you grow.

Just wanted to update on the Wrestler who passed away. His autopsy has just been completed and as mentioned above he did die of a congenital heart defect with dehydration as well. Again just wanted to update those who were interested.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greenway's cousin:

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Gophers hosting a 2016 Florida WR. Does anyone have a name?

He's a nice sized kid at 6-5 and 200. If he's coachable, he could develop into a very nice TE. You have to wonder why he's held off committing to a school at this point.
Big kid, he seems to fit the mold of the type of WR's they've been targeting lately.

Does anyone have any updates or insights as to what the status with Mykelti Williams and Osirus Mitchell?

It would be nice to sneak a few more in the '16 class.

per Sid:

• Eric Amoako, a former cornerback at the University of Oregon, announced that he has accepted a scholarship to play his final season he has remaining of competition at Minnesota. Amoako didn’t play the 2012 season at Oregon and then played one game in 2013, before transferring to Houston Baptist, an FCS program. In 2014 he was responsible for 60 tackles, two pass deflections and returned a fumble for a touchdown. Last season he didn’t do as well, with 31 tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-fans-are-lucky-that-the-team-still-is-here/383205701/

Go Gophers!!

Another big guy.

As I understand it you can only sign one LOI, which he has with SDSU, for some reason he didn't end up there. Once a player has been released from an LOI, or is outside the LOI dates, it's merely signing a grant in aid agreement. While there is a signing period for LOIs, the only restriction on grant in aid packages, is there is a restriction on how long after a term starts that they can be signed.

Sounds like Greene will be heading to Mizzou, but hopefully we can still grab Autry over Miss St

Greene just posted this:

"So your telling me there's a chance"...... Didn't see a trying on the Mizzo site that says he's a Tiger.

I can't link it but following the Twitter through a congrats from DJP to a jucofootballace has a tweet that he commited to the gophs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appears to be a Gopher! Great get. We should take Autry too. The OL has gone from a point of concern to a strength. The OL has underachieved for 5 years. That could all change this year. The new OL coach must be a winner. We can be a legit 9-10 game winner this year.

He's visiting today. I don't see anything official.

Fogo de Chao ought ta seal da deal.

I thought he visited on the 17th and Mizzou the 21st?

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into it. None of the sites are listing a commitment. Anything concrete out there?

Top Bottom