Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

It is looking like we have a good PWO class.

PWO's, are guaranteed a roster spot for preseason camp, you have 105 roster spots for camp and a maximum of 85 scholarships.

Who else has committed as a PWO?

Mack
Swenson
Mohs
Kramer
Danny P

is there a limit of PWO's per class, or is it rather open?

Any insights on the DT's from EP and STA or True Thompson?

Kramer decided to accept a scholarship to South Dakota.

Mack
Swenson
Mohs
Kramer
Danny P

Roster is limited to 105

PWO guaranteed one of 20 spots

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roster is limited to 105

PWO guaranteed one of 20 spots
You can have more than 20 PWO's in camp if your below the scholarship limit or have a scholarship player not participating. The most common cause of non participation is an injury in spring ball.

You can have more than 20 PWO's in camp if your below the scholarship limit or have a scholarship player not participating. The most common cause of non participation is an injury in spring ball.

Correct. Roster is limited to 105. Scholarship is limited 85

Typically pwo is guaranteed a spot on 105 roster though. Otherwise they're just a walk on

Or how I understand at least

So 85 scholies, 20 PWOs, how many regular walk-ons are allowed?

Don't they need more players for the practice squads?

So 85 scholies, 20 PWOs, how many regular walk-ons are allowed?

Don't they need more players for the practice squads?

105 total

There is no difference between walk on and pwo from roster stand point
Regular walk on has to try out

Pwo, in theory, will be on 105 roster.

Mack
Swenson
Mohs
Kramer
Danny P

Michigan has over ten PWO's already.

With the cost of a college education nowadays, you can't really blame him for that.

In my mind, it's infinitely better to take the scholarship to SD and potentially play earlier on. Than to go to the U, pay your own way and maybe have to be on the scout team your entire career. A no brainer.

Ryan Burns was on KFan this morning and commented that Claeys is much more aggressive in recruiting and alluded to going after kids already committed to other schools like WI /IA. He made it sound like IA was none to happy about it. He also said Kill wouldn't do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no limit on walk on players, the difference is, the walk ons without a roster spot have to wait until after the first game or classes start, whichever comes first.

Sad thing is all the little school girls clamoring on his Twitter account asking is it true or please don't go or we need you! Damn let it be, if he signs he signs if he goes he goes.

Ryan Burns was on KFan this morning and commented that Claeys is much more aggressive in recruiting and alluded to going after kids already committed to other schools like WI /IA. He made it sound like IA was none to happy about it. He also said Kill wouldn't do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh great. More bulletin board/motivation for them next year. We will never win again.

Oh great. More bulletin board/motivation for them next year. We will never win again.

I like that he's going to be more aggressive, in today's recruiting world we can't be 'Minnesota nice', it's just the way it is with the Harbaugh's and Meyer's around.

Free Scout article. Dior and Buford hosted the visit. His mom and coach went on both visits while his dad only went on the Purdue trip. Judging from the coaches comments, I think the Minnesota visit might have been a little more impressive.

I am surprised he made this comment as he loves Claeys, Plus we are not last as there are 14 teams the last time I checked, I think we will move up a couple of spots if we sign a full class of 25-26.

I am surprised he made this comment as he loves Claeys, Plus we are not last as there are 14 teams the last time I checked, I think we will move up a couple of spots if we sign a full class of 25-26.

Anyone know who the silent commit is I think it is tyrez Lyndsey he doesn't have a Twitter

Anyone know who the silent commit is I think it is tyrez Lyndsey he doesn't have a Twitter

No Twitter? Do you know of some other way I can reach out to him if he doesn't choose us?

Top Bottom