Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I wonder if they will look at that DT from Prior Lake. Heard he was committed to Iowa State, but with the coaching change there......

I wonder if they will look at that DT from Prior Lake. Heard he was committed to Iowa State, but with the coaching change there......

To be honest we did also. Has the last week of decommitments have anything to do with Claeys vs Kill?

To be honest we did also. Has the last week of decommitments have anything to do with Claeys vs Kill?

Probably two things to keep in mind with these decommitments. First is that most recruits tend to stay close to home. Polk is staying in Florida at USF, and Webber is going up the road from Texas to Ok St. The same reason that Kegel chose the Gophers over Ok St. (proximity) is also at play here. All things being equal, most 18 year olds don't want to travel half way around the country if they feel they have a similar opportunity closer to home.

It's also probably due to the fact that we are having a down year and that USF and Ok St. are having good years.

Even with 92% staff continuity, recruits would look at this situation much the same ways that we GHers do. Famous coach gone. Same long tenured staff. Positives/negatives about Claeys. It's an added gamble that wasn't there a month ago. Having said that, this staff might just have a higher ceiling without Kill at helm. And I view that much like an accomplished father wanting his son to be even better man. (If that makes any sense. I'm fueled by espresso and 2 hours of sleep)

Beat Wiscy, go bowling, and at get 8-10 wins next season. Then, we'll get attention.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Anyone have this information that would be willing to share? Thanks.

Anyone have this information that would be willing to share? Thanks.

I'm guessing this information is a little dated. Here's my take (but I'm really hoping it's someone else in addition to Castillo). He's committed to Missouri at this point:

December 4, 2015

Trystan Castillo
Trystan Castillo
Webb City (Webb City, MO)
OC
6-4/280
Missouri

Any chance this is related to the "Florida is not done" reference the Daniels twins made?

He also retweeted Elisha Daniels tweet saying "We not done yet". Pollyanna?!?!

Travon Mullen was listed as an LSU lean, I wonder if the rumors about, Les Miles being fired and Jimbo Fisher possibly moving from FSU to LSU might be part of the dynamic. I'm guessing that, if LSU fires Miles, Mullens recruitment is wide open.

Travon Mullen was listed as an LSU lean, I wonder if the rumors about, Les Miles being fired and Jimbo Fisher possibly moving from FSU to LSU might be part of the dynamic. I'm guessing that, if LSU fires Miles, Mullens recruitment is wide open.

It also makes me wonder because we don't usually go for guys like this

Does anyone know the best way to alert the staff of an up and coming player for them to get their eye on and get ahead of the curve? Just curious

Does anyone know the best way to alert the staff of an up and coming player for them to get their eye on and get ahead of the curve? Just curious

I have reached out in the past to Billy Glascock @
[email protected]
He is very good at keeping up to date and is as good as they get in working on behalf of the Gopher Football program....appreciates the fan input.

You can sign up for scout for free right now and get insider info thru the weekend. Interesting to read burns' stuff.

DT Amir Watts is now listed on 247 as an official visitor on Dec 11. I really like his film.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/3206915/highlights/291333382' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom