Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Why do grown adults post on teenagers' twitter feeds telling them how much they are wanted and coveted? Does anyone else see how wrong that sounds to begin with?!? Grow up and do what the compliance compartment just said. Leave the recruiting to the coaches!

Twitter....

/facepalm

Damn thing should be read only... For everyone.... And yes, I know what that means.

Why do grown adults post on teenagers' twitter feeds telling them how much they are wanted and coveted? Does anyone else see how wrong that sounds to begin with?!? Grow up and do what the compliance compartment just said. Leave the recruiting to the coaches!

It's baffling really.

Webber's highlights are no longer private

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/4574983/highlights/240431386' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't use twitter but compliance also needs to do something to reign in ****hawk

I don't use twitter, and I'm not defending Gopher fans that contact recruits, but I think some of those people reactions are in response to the negative recruiting and obsessed weirdo ****Hawk that used to post here, who has about 100 different aliases on twitter and message boards and claims to be a Hawkeyes fans. I know were not supposed to draw attention to that guy, but he is one of the reasons recruits even get people, even Gopher fans to respond to there accounts. Some of the stuff he says about the program and coaches borders on defamation not just trolling. I wish it were just as simple as putting that troll on the ignore list.

Webber's highlights are no longer private

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/4574983/highlights/240431386' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Webber's highlights are unbelievable... he might be my favorite player in the 2016 class.

Webber's highlights are unbelievable... he might be my favorite player in the 2016 class.

Some interesting film from pass rushing drills this spring too

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/4574983/highlights/256752477' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>.

I was told by the compliance officer at my university where I work (not the U) that any contact by a university "booster" (defined, among other ways, as anyone who has ever purchased a ticket to a university sporting event) with potential recruits via twitter, email, Facebook, etc. constitutes a NCAA violation and under no circumstances should anyone ever do that...ever.

LOL NCAA ain't going to punish a school because fans contact recruits. Never ever going to happen.

LOL NCAA ain't going to punish a school because fans contact recruits. Never ever going to happen.

Yup. If T Denny or the Lindahl's started tweeting at recruits, I'd be worried. Not so much when an ordinary 25 year old fan does it.

I was told by the compliance officer at my university where I work (not the U) that any contact by a university "booster" (defined, among other ways, as anyone who has ever purchased a ticket to a university sporting event) with potential recruits via twitter, email, Facebook, etc. constitutes a NCAA violation and under no circumstances should anyone ever do that...ever.

And if the NCAA ever choose to enforce such an asinine rule, every division 1 football program would suffer sanctions.

And if the NCAA ever choose to enforce such an asinine rule, every division 1 football program would suffer sanctions.

Which does nothing to change the fact that tweeting at recruits is incredibly lame

I agree. I only do it when they go elsewhere and I go all ******* on them. That's not lame.

Yes it is, they are kids. Most sane adults wouldn't go to a school and trash talk kids, so why do adults think they can do it on the tweeter?

Yes it is, they are kids. Most sane adults wouldn't go to a school and trash talk kids, so why do adults think they can do it on the tweeter?

I hope that was sarcasm.

And speeding is a crime...which I commit every day. I'm not going to hold my breathe for the NCAA to investigate a tweet from a guy with season tickets at Minnesota any time soon. That said...creepy dudes following 17 year olds on twitter...no excuse.

per Sid:

• Gophers football coach Jerry Kill had good luck recruiting in Alabama when he was at Northern Illinois and that is continuing. Kill was able to recruit Jerry Gibson of Theodore, Ala. — a tight end who was also targeted by South Carolina among other big schools — and now the Gophers continue to work Alabama with a chance to recruit another athlete from that area.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-raiders-share-a-link-to-nfl-history/322469011/

Go Gophers!!

Are the Gophers done with four OL commits for 2016, or is Vincent Calhoun still in the picture for a fifth commit?

They've signed five offensive line men in 2015:
Bronson Dovich
Ted Stieber
Nick Connelly
Quinn Oseland
Tyler Moore

So far commits for 2016:
Sean Foster
Sam Schlueter
Connor Olson
Matt Kegel

Top Bottom