Official 2016 Gophers National Signing Day Thread!! Tweets, Updates, Analysis & More

Official 2016 Gophers National Signing Day Thread!! Tweets, Updates, Analysis...

Snelson to UCF

Good job Jimmy, did Clark Kent give you that breaking news?

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Would've love to see Amir Watts and Kasl or Kegel in this class, but it wasn't meant to be.

We've got four-five scholies (?) to play with, and I hope we can snatch a couple of good players. If not, reward some PWOs with scholies.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

please-sir.jpg

Yeah it didn't make sense to me.

They could recruit three 3*s..... wooooooo 3* average!
Well and you have to take a look at some of the kids brought in such as kickers and punters. Most end up 2 stars which would bring down your average.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

So just on the surface if you take an average from year to year, you're not even necessarily counting the same volume of things.

So they could destroy this year's average if next year they recruit just one 4* guy, but nobody else and the team is left with a ton of holes elsewhere.

Or they could recruit 10 4* QBs ... but no OL.

And that's just the start of the problems, let alone issues with * rankings.

So just on the surface if you take an average from year to year, you're not even necessarily counting the same volume of things.

So they could destroy this year's average if next year they recruit just one 4* guy, but nobody else and the team is left with a ton of holes elsewhere.

Or they could recruit 10 4* QBs ... but no OL.

And that's just the start of the problems, let alone issues with * rankings.

Not only that but some websites differ by as many as 2 stars for a given player. Since there are 5 stars possible and no fractional stars that could arguably be a 40% difference in ranking for the same player. The whole star system is flawed and silly, as well as different positions like kickers.

Go Gophers!!

Not only that but some websites differ by as many as 2 stars for a given player. Since there are 5 stars possible and no fractional stars that could arguably be a 40% difference in ranking for the same player. The whole star system is flawed and silly, as well as different positions like kickers.

Yeah and the variation among 3* players is crazy.

I see 3* guys who have several perennial competitors going after them hard. That dude ain't just no 3*guy if that is the case.

At the same time you'll get a 3* guy who has maybe one middle of the road school and a collection of minor schools offering him. He is way not the same dude as the other guy I mentioned.

I attended The Woodlands High School NSD for all student athletes and met AW Jr. He is super excited to be a Gopher and is truly a fine young man. He can't wait to get to work and be apart of the empire. Go Gophers! Great day for Gopher Football

Everyone knows the star system has flaws but what is a better way to measure recruiting in advance for fans. We will always have to wait a few years or trust the coaches. The star system has lots of flaws but what else is there for us.

Everyone knows the star system has flaws but what is a better way to measure recruiting in advance for fans. We will always have to wait a few years or trust the coaches. The star system has lots of flaws but what else is there for us.
Suppose offer list, but they usually go hand in hand with the star system, not always, but usually

Personally scout each player and make our own assessment. It's time consuming, expensive, but very rewarding. You can claim victory on message boards

It definitely is flawed and I don't think there is a better way to do it. I do like that 247 sports combines the four websites so I think that gives you a better idea.

But it is never going to be perfect. I have always wondered why they don't use a 10 star system instead. There is a big difference in the ratings of a 3 star guys.

Personally scout each player and make our own assessment. It's time consuming, expensive, but very rewarding. You can claim victory on message boards

Or just make your ratings four years after signing day - you look like a genius!

I know some here who do just that.

Go Gophers!!

Anyone here listen to the KFAN morning show today? Conzemius said that Winfield ran a 4.17/40. Somewhere dpo's head was exploding.

Top Bottom