Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Yep, pretty much guarantees that he is golden.

Also, the mystery visitor was revealed. Had over 100 tackles, 42 TFLs and 18 sacks his senior year and I'm pretty sure I saw that he is only 16 year old.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep, pretty much guarantees that he is golden.

Also, the mystery visitor was revealed. Had over 100 tackles, 42 TFLs and 18 sacks his senior year and I'm pretty sure I saw that is only 16 year old.

[ninja edit - Looks like GIA beat me to it, but mine is a different link...you know...for science]

For those curious:

http://247sports.com/Player/Winston-DeLattiboudere-55619

Not to be a stickler here, but if the name is unique, let's give it full credit....Winston DeLattiboudere III :p

Not to be a stickler here, but if the name is unique, let's give it full credit....Winston DeLattiboudere III :p

If he commits, can we call him WD40? (because he's got about 40 letters in his name)

If he commits, can we call him WD40? (because he's got about 40 letters in his name)

According to 247 Sports, we haven't offered him (yet). They have him projected to go to Idaho who did offer him in November.

My guess is he's a scholarship plan B - but if he walked on, I'm sure they'd be thrilled.

Smiley is determinately a LB recruit for the Gophers. The staff looks for body types to fill specific roles. At SLB they like long, thin guys who can run with TE's and RB's out of the backfield. Basically what we're doing is looking for Campbell's replacement right now. Both McKinley and Smiley are athletic guys in that mold who go around 6'4" 205lb and will bulk up in time. Since the responsibility of these players is to cover TE's and RB's it makes sense to take big safeties and turn them into linebackers imo.

I agree. I really like Smiley for that kind of position. Probably not fast enough to be a safety, but would make an athletic fast linebacker. I was impressed with his hudl video.

Rashad Still just got evaluated on espn and he is now our highest rated commit! He is ranked the #62 WR in the country and has a grade of 79 which is the highest grade a 3 star can get! Rashad was my favorite commit and I thought was was a top 100 receiver before but this just gives me even more confidence that he will be an absolute stud. For comparison, Gentry was a top 100 WR on rivals, scout and espn and his highest rank was #65. Will be interesting to see where they evaluate Register and Witham.

Interesting, I wonder what ESPN knows that Rivals, Scout, and 247 don't.

According to 247 Sports, we haven't offered him (yet). They have him projected to go to Idaho who did offer him in November.

My guess is he's a scholarship plan B - but if he walked on, I'm sure they'd be thrilled.

I really hope they have a spot to offer this kid. I fear he'll be the next Luther Maddy type miss if they don't.

My favorite recruit is the one we don't know about yet. Seems like most years there's someone who comes in after NSD that's not on our radar. Last year it was Rashaun Croney & Desmond Gant. I think it's more likely not that we'll have one or two again this year.

Just so you know

I liked it! Must confess I needed the explanation to laugh. Die Hard if WD40 is only 16 with that physique...what will he look like in two years? goodness! If he can run fast and jump high and just needs some coaching it would seem he could contribute. Must have played at a low level? With the stats and the build, why no greater interest?

I don't get the Rashaun Croney infatuation. The kid couldn't qualify for any of the SEC schools that were after him, came here because he thought we could get him in but it didn't happen. He committed to us because we were his only option other than a community college. I'd say the odds of Rashaun Croney ever making another appearance at the U are about the same as Hasan Lipscomb...

Interesting, I wonder what ESPN knows that Rivals, Scout, and 247 don't.

Being the top rated recruit for the Gophers, regardless if it's on ESPN or Rivals has not been a good thing over the past 7-8+ years. Virtually none of them have made an impact or they left the team.

Being the top rated recruit for the Gophers, regardless if it's on ESPN or Rivals has not been a good thing over the past 7-8+ years. Virtually none of them have made an impact or they left the team.

Rivals:

2014 - Jeff Jones
2013 - Berkley Edwards
2012 - Philip Nelson
2011 - Tommy Olson
2010 - Jimmy Gjere
2009 - Michael Carter
2008 - MarQuies Gray
2007 - Anthony Jacobs

ESPN is useless, so I won't waste my time.

Every one of these guys (aside from Jones, who redshirted) has made an impact and several have been among the best players on the team. All have been multi-year starters aside from the two most recent.

I don't get the Rashaun Croney infatuation. The kid couldn't qualify for any of the SEC schools that were after him, came here because he thought we could get him in but it didn't happen. He committed to us because we were his only option other than a community college. I'd say the odds of Rashaun Croney ever making another appearance at the U are about the same as Hasan Lipscomb...

I think he meant it was exciting that it looked like we were going to be able to bring in a guy that had SEC interest as a last minute add. Not that he thinks Croney is still an option. I think I may have asked about Croney to see where he was at. I don't think I've seen any of these gopher non qualifiers go juco then return to the gophers.

I think he meant it was exciting that it looked like we were going to be able to bring in a guy that had SEC interest as a last minute add. Not that he thinks Croney is still an option. I think I may have asked about Croney to see where he was at. I don't think I've seen any of these gopher non qualifiers go juco then return to the gophers.

Precisely. Thanks.

GopherinPhilly just gave coach Kill a new nickname

Recruiting is like sex, it aint how you start, its how you finish. JK is a finisher!

Jerry the "Drill" Kill. It's not how you start the hole it is how you finish it. No wonder coach Kill's wife likes him so much, dude must have more energy than the Energizer bunny at home.

Jerry the "Drill" Kill. It's not how you start the hole it is how you finish it. No wonder coach Kill's wife likes him so much, dude must have more energy than the Energizer bunny at home.

I'm not normally one to complain about the direction a thread is heading, but . . .

Top Bottom