Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Well...so much for Williams. Who knows with Kelly either. Who's next on the list for safeties?

Well...so much for Williams. Who knows with Kelly either. Who's next on the list for safeties?

Justin Reid and now Williams are as good as gone but we still have as good of a shot as anybody with Kelly but we will have to wait until signing day to know. The only other safety that would get be excited would be Brandon Scott, I really hope we can get him up for an OV. Don't know how likely it would be though.

Forgot about Redwine who would get me excited as well although I think we consider him more of a CB and the odds of him coming here are probably less than 30% or so.

Shocker. ND recruiting analyst thinks they become favorites instantly with an offer. I'll wait until he schedules an official

He isn't an ND recruiting analyst, he is a director of recruiting and I'm 90% sure Williams told him that ND is the favorite, not just his opinion.

Shocker. ND recruiting analyst thinks they become favorites instantly with an offer. I'll wait until he schedules an official

Wiltfong is a national analyst, not just a ND analyst. And in the story he says that Williams told him ND is his top school now. He's meeting with Brian Kelly friday.

Wiltfong is a national analyst, not just a ND analyst. And in the story he says that Williams told him ND is his top school now. He's meeting with Brian Kelly friday.

He isn't an ND recruiting analyst, he is a director of recruiting and I'm 90% sure Williams told him that ND is the favorite, not just his opinion.

The tweet is from Tom Loy, who works for Blue and Gold. That's what I'm referring to. unless the VIP article says otherwise or I am misunderstanding. which I very well could be

Wake Forrest commit Dior Johnson is another guy we would jump on. Teammate of Ray Buford and Rivals 4 star.

Justin Reid and now Williams are as good as gone but we still have as good of a shot as anybody with Kelly but we will have to wait until signing day to know. The only other safety that would get be excited would be Brandon Scott, I really hope we can get him up for an OV. Don't know how likely it would be though.

Don't kid yourself, he's a goner as soon as Michigan names a coach.

How do you even know the new coach would want him?

Already holds an offer, short recruiting window for new coach, local kid, Michigan St/Minnesota/Iowa/Tennessee offers, position flexibility, bleeds Maize & Blue. Hard to imagine a scenario where the new coach wouldn't want him. Over at GI it's been assumed he was all but gone since Michigan offered. That's why many of us were so pumped up about Williams. Oh well, this is why the coaches have been in contact & stopped by recently to visit with Dior Johnson. Also, we still don't know who will pop up at the last minute in January. It'll all work itself out, but we can pretty much kiss both Williams & Kelly goodbye.

Already holds an offer, short recruiting window for new coach, local kid, Michigan St/Minnesota/Iowa/Tennessee offers, position flexibility, bleeds Maize & Blue. Hard to imagine a scenario where the new coach wouldn't want him. Over at GI it's been assumed he was all but gone since Michigan offered. That's why many of us were so pumped up about Williams. Oh well, this is why the coaches have been in contact & stopped by recently to visit with Dior Johnson. Also, we still don't know who will pop up at the last minute in January. It'll all work itself out, but we can pretty much kiss both Williams & Kelly goodbye.

I just don't get that vibe from him.

Jared Pinkney, the WR from Georgia also called Coach Sherels and cancelled his official visit, stating that Minnesota was too far from home.

Can't believe Notre Dame had to come in with an offer. Screw them...at the end of the day, they still lost to Northwestern. Jokes on them.

Can't believe Notre Dame had to come in with an offer. Screw them...at the end of the day, they still lost to Northwestern. Jokes on them.

Yeah, what are they doing trying to recruit good players. How dare they!!

I have to be honest, I'm disappointed with this recruiting class. We got 5 solid O-lineman and a lot of DBs, but who is going to be an impact player for us?

Last year we got Jeff Jones, Holland, Elmore, Mayes, and James. That's 5 impact players who had really good offer lists. I'd argue that based on offers this year we have two: Oseland and Brown. I figured this class would be better than last, and it seems that it's regressed.

Yeah, when a player still can't "make up his mind" in December, it's usually because he's waiting for something else.

I have to be honest, I'm disappointed with this recruiting class. We got 5 solid O-lineman and a lot of DBs, but who is going to be an impact player for us?

Last year we got Jeff Jones, Holland, Elmore, Mayes, and James. That's 5 impact players who had really good offer lists. I'd argue that based on offers this year we have two: Oseland and Brown. I figured this class would be better than last, and it seems that it's regressed.

I think you are reading way too much into offers as most of our guys committed early and didn't pursue more offers. Prime example: Beebe's father (at least I think that's who he is) has stated that Stanford wanted him to visit but he turned them down as he had created a four-team list he was interested in and only focused on those schools. Guys like Shannon Brooks, Jonathan Femi-Cole, Ted Stieber, Demry Croft and Tyler Moore are all pretty highly regarded.

If it makes you feel better think of this: tell me who had high ratings or really good offer lists out of this years best players on our team?
Defense:
Murray
BBC
Wilson
Lynn
Botti
Richardson
Cockran
Thompson
Travis
Johnson
- may have been less than 5 other power conference offers between those guys

Offense:
Cobb
Maxx
Campion
Moose
Olson
Epping
- Maxx made an all star team but both he and TO committed early and I don't recall a bunch of offers. Cobb had none and neither did Moose.

Very marginal class. With what we have left on the board I'm not so sure we will fill out. I believe we've 4-6 open slots. Maybe we can grab a couple of quality JC recruits for the defensive line. When you consider the type of season we had at this point I would give recruiting a grade of C. I believe on Rivals right now we're currently ranked at #43.

I think you are reading way too much into offers as most of our guys committed early and didn't pursue more offers. Prime example: Beebe's father (at least I think that's who he is) has stated that Stanford wanted him to visit but he turned them down as he had created a four-team list he was interested in and only focused on those schools. Guys like Shannon Brooks, Jonathan Femi-Cole, Ted Stieber, Demry Croft and Tyler Moore are all pretty highly regarded.

I agree with you, 100 percent. An offer list isn't going to look as "good" for a kid who commits quite early. Yes, some teams may come in late and throw an offer at them, but I've never understood the obsession some have with the "offer list."

Let's let this coaching staff do what it does so well. Recruit guys who they can develop. On top of that, they have found guys who didn't have great offer lists and have contributed right away. Steven Richardson is a guy that comes to mind right away fro me.

Yeah, when a player still can't "make up his mind" in December, it's usually because he's waiting for something else.

I think he just enjoys the recruiting process a little too much more so than him not being able to make up his mind. If you look at his twitter he will retweet nearly anything involving recruiting that you throw at him. I think he just craves the attention.

I've never understood the obsession some have with the "offer list."

It's an inexact science (as is all of recruiting), but it's not likely that one head coach out of 120+ found this one diamond in the rough that nobody else wanted. It happens, but is the exception rather than the rule. Multiple FBS offers (and even better, multiple Power 5 offers) show that more than one head coach wants the player and thus increases the probability that he will turn out to be a good one.

Very marginal class. With what we have left on the board I'm not so sure we will fill out. I believe we've 4-6 open slots. Maybe we can grab a couple of quality JC recruits for the defensive line. When you consider the type of season we had at this point I would give recruiting a grade of C. I believe on Rivals right now we're currently ranked at #43.

If you have learned anything over the last five years it should be, In Jerry We Trust.

Really - So you still make your evaluations of a class based on Rivals' rankings. A slow learner huh? We have and could discuss again how and why Kill and his coaches recruit but some of you still don't get it.

That escalated quickly.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom