Official 2014 Seat Renewals, Relocations and New Season Ticket Holders Thread

I'm a first time season ticket holder. Got section 209, row 27, 2 tickets. Did the cheap $70 tailgate lot way far off the map. (S108)

I have only been to 2 games before and am excited about the season. Also the 2 games we have been to were freezing cold games, probably why they were given to us.

Planning on tailgating for the first time as well. Any tips from anyone on my lot we picked.
S108 is the State Fair lot. You'll have plenty of room. The shuttle system to take you to the stadium works pretty well. Getting back afterward can be a hassle. If you find you don't like it over there, East River Flats is the cheapest alternate option.

I'm a first time season ticket holder. Got section 209, row 27, 2 tickets. Did the cheap $70 tailgate lot way far off the map. (S108) I have only been to 2 games before and am excited about the season. Also the 2 games we have been to were freezing cold games, probably why they were given to us. Planning on tailgating for the first time as well. Any tips from anyone on my lot we picked.

Welcome to section 209-outstanding views of the field!

Go Gophers!

I'm a first time season ticket holder. Got section 209, row 27, 2 tickets. Did the cheap $70 tailgate lot way far off the map. (S108)

I have only been to 2 games before and am excited about the season. Also the 2 games we have been to were freezing cold games, probably why they were given to us.

Planning on tailgating for the first time as well. Any tips from anyone on my lot we picked.

Our crew tailgates at the Fairgrounds and we love it. You have space for games, coolers, tables, playing catch, etc. Our group is usually about 15 and have made friends with many other big groups. The lot gets packed about an hour before game time from game-only fans but there is a real good group of dedicated tailgators that are there at 7 sharp. The shuttle back after the game can get to be a long line but we just chill out and the line usually goes pretty fast. Also, it's very easy to get out after the game.

Welcome, come visit us and introduce yourself, we'd be glad to meet you. Gophers & Guns has become our friend through this site and tailgating as well as many others. We're the ones in the "M" Bulance! (My Avatar)

Our crew tailgates at the Fairgrounds and we love it. You have space for games, coolers, tables, playing catch, etc. Our group is usually about 15 and have made friends with many other big groups. The lot gets packed about an hour before game time from game-only fans but there is a real good group of dedicated tailgators that are there at 7 sharp. The shuttle back after the game can get to be a long line but we just chill out and the line usually goes pretty fast. Also, it's very easy to get out after the game.

Welcome, come visit us and introduce yourself, we'd be glad to meet you. Gophers & Guns has become our friend through this site and tailgating as well as many others. We're the ones in the "M" Bulance!

Totally agree with your take on the St. Paul lot. Getting in is easy. Tailgating is great. Price is right. Bus to game is easy/convenient. Bus back..... Sux. We did it every game until last year when we moved our tailgate to a lot near the stadium. I miss the $10 entry fee, but not waiting for the bus after the game.

Totally agree with your take on the St. Paul lot. Getting in is easy. Tailgating is great. Price is right. Bus to game is easy/convenient. Bus back..... Sux. We did it every game until last year when we moved our tailgate to a lot near the stadium. I miss the $10 entry fee, but not waiting for the bus after the game.

We really do wish we had the campus and stadium as our backdrop. Occasionally we will bus the stadium early and hang out with random people tailgators, great way to meet other fans.

We really do wish we had the campus and stadium as our backdrop. Occasionally we will bus the stadium early and hang out with random people tailgators, great way to meet other fans.

Have you guys considered the River Flats? Ample space for tailgating games/tossing the football around, $10, great view of downtown, grass vs. pavement, perfect walking distance to the stadium to have a well-poured, strong, large roadie 'beverage', easy bathroom access, etc.

Seems like the more and more people are finding the Flats every year, but there is still plenty of room for more!

Have you guys considered the River Flats? Ample space for tailgating games/tossing the football around, $10, great view of downtown, grass vs. pavement, perfect walking distance to the stadium to have a well-poured, strong, large roadie 'beverage', easy bathroom access, etc.

Seems like the more and more people are finding the Flats every year, but there is still plenty of room for more!

I agree wholeheartedly with the River Flats, especially when compared to the St. Paul lots. The walk over doesn't take any longer than the bus from St. Paul, and you are in total control of your schedule because you don't need to worry about when a bus will be coming or going or if it will be full.

I agree wholeheartedly with the River Flats, especially when compared to the St. Paul lots. The walk over doesn't take any longer than the bus from St. Paul, and you are in total control of your schedule because you don't need to worry about when a bus will be coming or going or if it will be full.

I have been considering dumping my parking lot pass to opt in to tailgating at the River Flats. We typically "tailgate" at Sterbs, BWW or try to hit up the "Killwagon" in the RV lot. So, I think I am going to give it one more year before I ultimately decide.

e.big, is your parking lot pass in St. Paul or near the stadium?

Near the stadium. We have been in the Washingtion Ave. Ramp since the stadium opened. I shouldn't have said "lot pass". I meant "ramp pass". Hence, why we would consider the River Flats. My bad on that one.

Near the stadium. We have been in the Washingtion Ave. Ramp since the stadium opened. I shouldn't have said "lot pass". I meant "ramp pass". Hence, why we would consider the River Flats. My bad on that one.

Come on over for Eastern and dip a toe in! We can always add more people to the group! We need more bags/Kuub players, too!

You said you were considering dumping your ramp pass for the flats after another year. Have you ever tried out the flats? If not, you're welcome to tailgate with my crew for a game if you want to give it a whirl before potentially committing to losing the ramp pass blindly.

You said you were considering dumping your ramp pass for the flats after another year. Have you ever tried out the flats? If not, you're welcome to tailgate with my crew for a game if you want to give it a whirl before potentially committing to losing the ramp pass blindly.

I say all of us River Flaters should combine forces this year and have a big tailgate party en masse for that first game! Let's discuss as we get closer!

I have been considering dumping my parking lot pass to opt in to tailgating at the River Flats. We typically "tailgate" at Sterbs, BWW or try to hit up the "Killwagon" in the RV lot. So, I think I am going to give it one more year before I ultimately decide.

Our group tailgates across from the Killwagon every week in the RV lot. Always have 2 sets of bags going and plenty of beverages flowing. You're always welcome to swing by us as well!

I say all of us River Flaters should combine forces this year and have a big tailgate party en masse for that first game! Let's discuss as we get closer!

Sounds like a great plan. I am already committed to taking the full day off of work, I am not sure how early we can park at the flats.

I'm in!! I love it down there. Just miss the pit stops at Sally's on the way to and from. We have three couples that sit together and carpool down there.

Sounds like a great plan. I am already committed to taking the full day off of work, I am not sure how early we can park at the flats.

I'm pretty sure it's 4 hours prior to kick in the Mpls Park System, although I got there at 1 last year for UNLV and I just went right in and then paid the attendant when he got there at 2. Let's start a new thread or something the week of drum up interest amongst the 'Flaters.

Come on over for Eastern and dip a toe in! We can always add more people to the group! We need more bags/Kuub players, too!

Our group tailgates across from the Killwagon every week in the RV lot. Always have 2 sets of bags going and plenty of beverages flowing. You're always welcome to swing by us as well!

I will certainly have to try to take all of you up on your offers! I would like to DEFINITELY make it down to the Flats this year for a tailgate. I will certainly make it point to try and PM some of you as we get closer to the season about hitting up some of your spots.

And, Gopherocious, that is pretty awesome! I have only made it to the 'Killwagon' three or four times since they started, but you guys in the RV lot all are certainly fun to hang around and create a nice atmosphere!

Does anyone have seats 1-6 in rows 4-8 in the upper deck? I'm wondering if the railing or tunnel causes any sight issues. Also if there any issues with people walking up and down the aisles. Is there a detailed map that shows rows\seats?

Does anyone have seats 1-6 in rows 4-8 in the upper deck? I'm wondering if the railing or tunnel causes any sight issues. Also if there any issues with people walking up and down the aisles. Is there a detailed map that shows rows\seats?

I had row 5 seats 3-4 in 209 a few years ago. The railing was no issue. However if your seats were closer to the ends of the field, you might want to be careful.

I had row 5 seats 3-4 in 209 a few years ago. The railing was no issue. However if your seats were closer to the ends of the field, you might want to be careful.

How would that affect it? I got around the 15 yard line.

How would that affect it? I got around the 15 yard line.

I think you'll probably be fine there. I was thinking it might be affected by having to watch the enclosed end at a sharper angle perhaps making the railing in play.

These are our new seats this year. I find the railing annoying, not to mention the people walking in front of us constantly. Will definitely switch it up next year.

Top Bottom