Official 2014 Seat Renewals, Relocations and New Season Ticket Holders Thread

Updated Upgrade map from this morning:
2014FBUpgradeMap7.jpg

Updated Upgrade map from this morning:

Dumb question - what does that map show other than the prices? I guess I'm wondering what is "updated" about it.

Dumb question - what does that map show other than the prices? I guess I'm wondering what is "updated" about it.

The sections in black are "sold out." What might be confusing you is the legend and club seats in section 1-4 which are also shown in black.

The "blacked out" areas are sections in which no consecutive seats are available for sale anymore. I.E., seats 5 & 6 in section 109 in row 12 are not available, only single seats are available for purchase. At least, that's what I was told by the ticket office two years ago when I had asked. That could have changed now.

So, if your looking to upgrade, you wouldn't essentially be able to move to that particular section.

I'm in 208 and just looking to move down closer to the field (would like to stay in 208 too). Hopefully I'll have a few options....my zone is next.

I'm in 208 and just looking to move down closer to the field (would like to stay in 208 too). Hopefully I'll have a few options....my zone is next.

I'm in Zone 8 as well, but in 103. Just looking to get the sixth seat consectutive with my other 5. Good luck!

Just got the call. No upgrades available. :(

I'm in 208. We were in Zone 6 & denied any closer seats. I suspect the ones still available in this section are at the very top.

I'm in 208. We were in Zone 6 & denied any closer seats. I suspect the ones still available in this section are at the very top.

The seats up top aren't bad. I'm in 213 so very similar, two rows from the top. Ended up with a lot of visiting fans sitting behind us so we stood up and cheered quiet often. Didn't have any complaints and all that we talked to were great people.

Still an excellent view from that location too.
14+-+1

Just got the call.
Hint Hint: Tell them what your dream location would be even if it is blacked out on the map. Always wanted to hang out in the open end (currently all blacked out) and she said there were a few seats left. We were able to move our two seats from 214 to 152. Closer to the beer, field, and CHEESECURDS!

What number are the upgrade calls coming from?

What number are the upgrade calls coming from?

I missed mine from 612-301-1800, and when I called back it wasn't a direct line so I called the Gopher Ticket Office back and all was good.

The Seating Map was updated this morning. Sec 115, 133, 135 & 239 filled up. For those of you keeping score, that is 3 for the home side, 1 for the visitor side. It's interesting that last year 243, 238 & 237 all filled up before 135, 133, 115 or 117. According to the final seating chart, none of the corner sections were full at the end of the upgrade process.

Current Seating Chart:
2014FBUpgradeMap8.jpg

2013 final chart:
2013FBUpgradeMap14.jpg

It's a shame they reduced the size of the student section in the lower bowl. They should have taken a few sections away in the upper deck. I understand season tickets in the lower bowl would be more attractive to the public, but you could have put new alums in the upper section or give those to local high schools.

It's a shame they reduced the size of the student section in the lower bowl. They should have taken a few sections away in the upper deck. I understand season tickets in the lower bowl would be more attractive to the public, but you could have put new alums in the upper section or give those to local high schools.

I may be wrong, but hasn't the size of the student section in the lower bowl been the same since the stadium opened?

I had two tickets in '09 and '10 in ssection 133 to go along with my seats in 103 until I moved them all to 103....

I may be wrong, but hasn't the size of the student section in the lower bowl been the same since the stadium opened?

I had two tickets in '09 and '10 in ssection 133 to go along with my seats in 103 until I moved them all to 103....

Based on the maps above, it appears they took sections 119 and 131 away from the students and gave them to the general public between 2013 and 2014.

Both of those sections appear to already be full, so I'd call that a slam dunk win for the U.

Based on the maps above, it appears they took sections 119 and 131 away from the students and gave them to the general public between 2013 and 2014.

Boo-boo on my part. I didn't notice the bottom map saying, "2013 Final chart". My reading comprehension is a little low today. HAHA. :cool:

I agree %100 and I think I wrote something nearly the same earlier in this thread. The Students cram into the lower bowl, so now they are taking lower bowl sections away and ensuring that a larger percentage of students are in the top deck if/when they sell out. That is a shame.

2014 Final Upgrade Chart:
2014FBUpgradeMap9.jpg

2013 Final Upgrade Chart:
2013FBUpgradeMap14.jpg

I think it's a good move taking away 119 & 131 from the student section. I'm in 117 and other than Wisconsin, there were always open seats in 119. The claim that students may cram into the lower bowl may be true if you're talking between the field of play (123-127), but it is definitely not true for the ends of the lower bowl like 119.

I sat in 133 for 3 seasons and although I agree there would often be open seats in 131 and 119, when there were more students - 131 and 119 would fill earlier than, say, 224 and 227... and often even before 225 and 226. This is why I don't like the idea of taking 131 and 119 away from the students.

And in unrelated news... it looks like people would rather sit on the home side than the visitor side from looking at the final 2014 map. This is interesting considering we have a lot of people posting on here how much they like the sunny side compared to the home side. All in all it isn't a mass movement and crowding on either side, with the shade/home side being slightly more popular overall.

Can anyone comment on when the U has typically mailed out season tickets in previous years? Looking forward to the season!

Can anyone comment on when the U has typically mailed out season tickets in previous years? Looking forward to the season!

You usually get them about mid August. Somtimes as late as a week before the season. But mostly, mid August.

With my graduate degrees locked up, this is my first year buying real season tickets (marching band in undergrad, students tickets in grad school). My girlfriend got us seats with a group of good family friends somewhere in the low 230s (need to confirm the exact number). My new job is up in Roseau, so the plan is to drive back to the Cities after work and arrive at midnight on Fridays, be tailgating by 7 Saturdays. Hope to see everyone out there.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but does the seating map above indicate I could pick up season tix in 243 if I wanted? I think I was in 243 for the outdoor hockey game, and I can't imagine those seats are terrible for football!

I haven't read through the whole thread, but does the seating map above indicate I could pick up season tix in 243 if I wanted? I think I was in 243 for the outdoor hockey game, and I can't imagine those seats are terrible for football!

Probably, but guessing you may be pretty high up in the section. We are low in 246 and were looking at row 22+ in 243 and 244 to move... we stayed put.

I'm a first time season ticket holder. Got section 209, row 27, 2 tickets. Did the cheap $70 tailgate lot way far off the map. (S108)

I have only been to 2 games before and am excited about the season. Also the 2 games we have been to were freezing cold games, probably why they were given to us.

Planning on tailgating for the first time as well. Any tips from anyone on my lot we picked.

Top Bottom