Official 2011 Gopher Fall Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

NONSENSE...bench Gray. And when Max gets in there, BENCH HIM TOO!

FIRE KILL! And FIRE the next guy too! BENCH BENCH BENCH....FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!

All blame lies on the feet of Nils Hasselmo!

Wow. Talk about being hysterical. I did not read one post in this thread that would suggest anyone believes that Gray should be benched. I love how people on this board love to blow discussions out of proportion when they don't agree with the context of the post. It is clear that Gray has accuracy issues and issues handling the ball. If he does not get those issues resolved, there is a good chance he may be benched, but no one is saying bench him now. Quit being such a drama queen.

Wow. Talk about being hysterical. I did not read one post in this thread that would suggest anyone believes that Gray should be benched. I love how people on this board love to blow discussions out of proportion when they don't agree with the context of the post. It is clear that Gray has accuracy issues and issues handling the ball. If he does not get those issues resolved, there is a good chance he may be benched, but no one is saying bench him now. Quit being such a drama queen.

images

Today the team had a "gameday" runthrough: http://www.goldengophergridiron.com/news_article/show/100846-gameday-runthrough

Love the Big American flags if the team has them. From the look of things, they will because Royston is simulating holding one. Unless its an imaginary Mjolnir.

Edit: Also, have we had those Allstate ads on the nets behind the goalpost before? Maybe I didn't notice.

Nice comic reference my d00d. As far as the Allstate ads, those are new. I didn't notice the addition of them in the pics, good eye.

PiPress: Gophers coach Jerry Kill has taken a road less traveled to major college football

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18784436

Go Gophers!!

From article: "And now here he is, joining Georgia Tech's Paul Johnson as the only football coaches among the 67 BCS schools with no BCS experience as a player or assistant."

False. Kyle Whittingham is also a BCS head coach with no BCS experience as a player or assistant.

I seriously need to get a job as an editor/proofreader/fact-checker. Anyone hiring?

Thank you Bleed for all these links, very helpful.

I got this far:

"MINNEAPOLIS -- Jerry Kill appears to have won over a multitude disgruntled fans since being named University of Minnesota football coach on Dec. 7.

In many ways, Kill has achieved this through one simple fact: he is not his predecessor, Tim Brewster."

Is there no writer in the entire friggin' writing universe that can pen a story about Kill without summoning the doppelganger of Tim Brewster?

We get it, but that horse, which has been dead for nearly a year, is in serious danger of being beaten to dust.

Please find a new story line. There is plenty to write about Coach Kill without holding up the mirror of his predecessor and rubbing our faces into it.

Hmmm...I do feel better.

Gentlemen, and Bleed especially. Thanks for helping to make this a kick @$$ camp with an easy accesability to the oodles of information out there. I can say this camp has been the best covered of all of them, yet we still ahve no idea what is going to happen :p

Let's have a good season, and may many beers be imbibed in celebration instead of misery!

I got this far:

"MINNEAPOLIS -- Jerry Kill appears to have won over a multitude disgruntled fans since being named University of Minnesota football coach on Dec. 7.

In many ways, Kill has achieved this through one simple fact: he is not his predecessor, Tim Brewster."

Is there no writer in the entire friggin' writing universe that can pen a story about Kill without summoning the doppelganger of Tim Brewster?

We get it, but that horse, which has been dead for nearly a year, is in serious danger of being beaten to dust.

Please find a new story line. There is plenty to write about Coach Kill without holding up the mirror of his predecessor and rubbing our faces into it.

Hmmm...I do feel better.

I agree, but that is all we have until games start. Most people who I talk to that don't follow the Gophers mention how bad Brewster was when discussing Kill.

Tweeted minutes ago by Nate Sandell

Keanon Cooper, Mike Rallis were used in every rep w/ the first team today. No change in their status for USC. Kill expects both to start.

Poor Sid

Sid: Kill will be his own man in rebuilding U

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/128852268.html

Tom Powers: If it's adversity that Jerry Kill wants, he's about to get it

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18799035

Go Gophers!!

I his article Sid talks about the great gopher ticket sales taking place. He implies that it is do to Coach Kill. I don't think Sid realizes many of those tickets are being purchased by the visitors. Ah, the world that Sid lives in must be very interesting.

Top Bottom