Official 1 Week Husker Fan Hangout

Honestly, Scott Frost is really due some good luck. I don't know if MN sports fans are a good source of said luck, but I'll try.

They gave Wisconsin a good run for their money. Frost hasn't lost the team, that's for sure.

Nebraska had 23 first downs, Wisconsin had 15.

Nebraska had an impressive 452 yards total offense against a very, very tough Badger defense.

Frost justifiably freaked out on the fourth down pass interference non call on the badgets. I hope he replays that a half dozen times to get huskers fired up.

Frost justifiably freaked out on the fourth down pass interference non call on the badgets. I hope he replays that a half dozen times to get huskers fired up.
Most if not all coaches would have freaked out on that call. Do believe he'll play it a few times for the team. They clearly have had a weird season losing many close games.

I told Mrs. Billd after flipping back and forth between the two games that Nebraska is the best 3-8 team by far for this year.

They have had quite a run of something and maybe I-O-W-A is where they get hope for next season with a W.

Regardless, without The Axe in our trophy case it does little for us as I see it. Need both to make a difference at this point in 2021.

They gave Wisconsin a good run for their money. Frost hasn't lost the team, that's for sure.

Nebraska had 23 first downs, Wisconsin had 15.

Nebraska had an impressive 452 yards total offense against a very, very tough Badger defense.
Huskers played much tougher than I thought they would.

in fairness, the Badgers had 70 and 53 yard touchdown runs. Should he fall down next time so they can get more first downs?

If Martinez transfers to Minnesota this week I will be much more nervous about the game.

Omaha is a fine city -- and home of Warren Buffett!

Adrian Martinez seems like a nice fellow whom PJ Fleck enjoys embracing.

Scott Frost once coached a team to an undefeated record!

Nebraska almost beat Illinois, Wisconsin, MSU, Oklahoma, OSU, and Minnesota. So close!

I'm all the way out on this, sorry.

Not only does Nebraska suck, and should not get to suckle at the Big Ten's TV money teat.

But quite frankly --- "winning" the "West" means nothing and gets you nothing other than a beat down from Ohio State this year. No thanks. Iowa can have that.

I think Wisconsin has a slightly better defense than Iowa, or at least one that is less structured and predictable to put together a game plan against.

The Wisconsin offense is quite a bit more impressive than what Iowa has shown this year, even with Mertz being pretty poor, or at least over hyped in the past.

The Iowa line play probably being the reason Goodson looks worse this year and the QBs are not so comfortable. On Iowa Rivals they all blame Brian Ferentz and daddy being too conservative. I think they just got younger on the Oline, and maybe miss Smith Marsette and Smith a bit, but they still have four pretty good WRs, or maybe more, plus an above average TE.

If the Nebraska players have not quit on Frost, and they know he is not a dead man walking for next year at least, they might come out with some fire and finally beat down Iowa. Nebraska has enough play makers to put of some points.

I think this is the year Nebraska finally beats Iowa. The match up is one late season game I like to watch.

Last edited:

Not only does Nebraska suck, and should not get to suckle at the Big Ten's TV money teat.

But quite frankly --- "winning" the "West" means nothing and gets you nothing other than a beat down from Ohio State this year. No thanks. Iowa can have that.
We don't want to win the Big 10 West, because we play OSU.

So Minnesota. Seriously, so Minnesota.

Huskers have been screwed all year in these big games, but the Gophers beat them! I'm in Nebraska, so all my neighbors are Nebraska fans - some have Big Red flags. I'll cheer them up.

Scott Frost is 10-24 in big ten games. 10-27 vs power five teams at Nebraska.

Crazy stat about Nebraska in B1G conf games:
Record: 1-7
Points for: 218
Points against: 211
They beat NW 56-7 and have not lost a game by double digits
102 in redzone offense.

if they were 55th it might be a 5 way tie for the west

Crazy stat about Nebraska in B1G conf games:
Record: 1-7
Points for: 218
Points against: 211
They beat NW 56-7 and have not lost a game by double digits
That's just been their whole year. Brutal schedule, and they've been competitive in every game.

DateOpponentResultPoint Differential
August 28at IllinoisL 22–30-8
September 4Fordham*W 52–7+45
September 11Buffalo*W 28–3+25
September 18at No. 3 Oklahoma*L 16–23-7
September 25at No. 20 Michigan StateL 20–23 OT-3
October 2NorthwesternW 56–7+49
October 9No. 9 MichiganL 29–32-3
October 16at MinnesotaL 23–30-7
October 30PurdueL 23–28-5
November 6No. 5 Ohio StateL 17–26-9
November 20at No. 15 WisconsinL 28–35-7

Scary to think if they had had, for example, Spencer Rattler this year as a transfer from OU ... saying if he had gotten beaten out in spring ball instead of the middle of this season.

I’m a husker head. Since we started losing and our board got stale, I’ve probably spent more time lurking on huskerboard than I have here. There’s tons of drama. AMA!
I'm sure they were delighted to have you show up with your strange homoerotic rants.

Huskers played much tougher than I thought they would.

in fairness, the Badgers had 70 and 53 yard touchdown runs. Should he fall down next time so they can get more first downs?

If Martinez transfers to Minnesota this week I will be much more nervous about the game.
The Badgers also had a kick off return.

None of that really has anything to do with the fact that Nebraska put up almost 500 yards against a very good WI defense. This thread wasn't about our ability to put up yards against WI, it was about Nebraska's ability to score against Iowa.

Golden Valley's a dump.

Wow!

How The West Was Won may not be important to you? But you don’t count.

It’s the Gopher players that count.

The Badgers also had a kick off return.

None of that really has anything to do with the fact that Nebraska put up almost 500 yards against a very good WI defense. This thread wasn't about our ability to put up yards against WI, it was about Nebraska's ability to score against Iowa.

Golden Valley's a dump.
Nebraska had a good scheme and executed it well. They deserve credit. A defense will never hold everyone they play to 200 yards.

Nothing wrong with Golden Valley. I live in Maple Grove now but thanks for the concern.

Top Bottom