Official 1 Week Husker Fan Hangout

Trust me folks - this is the better outcome.

Now, hopefully we get the Axe, and get to finish the season 9-4 instead of 9-5 with an ass-whipping by Ohio State.

Let Iowa take the curbstomping.
I would always want to at least know for sure, so I would always take Indy.....

But I get what you're saying. I have no problem if the Gophers can beat Wisconsin, get the axe, and let Ohio State humiliate Iowa.

But it would be nice to know for sure.....

But I get what you're saying. I have no problem if the Gophers can beat Wisconsin, get the axe, and let Ohio State humiliate Iowa.

But it would be nice to know for sure.....
the thrill of winning the axe and going to Indy is awesome. What's the worst thing that could happen, OSU beats the west team for who knows how many years in a row.

Why can't they play them like week one. Put up a fight? If they get run out, it's what everyone expects.

Two scenarios:

a) won the Axe, and the last game of the regular season is a win over Wisconsin at home, fans storm the field. Record is 9-4

b) won the Axe, and the last game of the regular season is a loss to Ohio St in Indy by a score of 10-56. Record is 9-5

No person selects b. Well, unless they're just lying to troll on a message board.
Terrible take.

As a fan, you are entitled to say this, sure. And I even believe you ... I take it back that you must be a troll. I think you are being genuine, here.

That said, it costs a fan nothing to say "yeah! let's play the extra game!".

It's not you out there risking injury and risking humiliation of the program.

Why not let the men go out on the highest note possible: winning back the Axe ???? I see not a single thing wrong with that.

As a fan, you are entitled to say this, sure. And I even believe you ... I take it back that you must be a troll. I think you are being genuine, here.
A troll? I was trying to somewhat defend what you said & understood to a certain degree why you were saying it.

That said, it costs a fan nothing to say "yeah! let's play the extra game!".

It's not you out there risking injury and risking humiliation of the program.
I'd be willing to wager that 100% of the players would want to play the extra game next week, have a shot at a Big Ten championship & a trip to the Rose Bowl, and would be willing to accept whatever risk exists in terms of program humiliation.

Why not let the men go out on the highest note possible: winning back the Axe ???? I see not a single thing wrong with that.
Why not let the men go out & attempt to win a Big Ten championship? Makes a lot more sense that what you're seeing.

You want to win the west. Every year. Why would you want to place second in the West? You want to go play in the big ten championship game and take your shot at OSU. Play to win against all odds

a or b

No one picks b (unless like I said, they're just trying to troll)
Believe or not I would have loved to see Gophers vs OSU. The Gophers have played their last 3 games vs them in a competitive manner and it would be an exciting build up.

Iowa’s excellent special teams won them at least two games this season (Gophers and Huskers). Four field goals seemed like a conservative approach until the blocked punt. This might be Ferentz’s best year of coaching. Taking this unspectacular team to 10 wins is impressive.

Nebraska has turned into the 1980’s/1990’s Gophers.
I said the exact same thing to my friend while watching the game yesterday. Always finding a way to lose, sometimes catastrophically, no matter how well things might be going before that.

Believe or not I would have loved to see Gophers vs OSU. The Gophers have played their last 3 games vs them in a competitive manner and it would be an exciting build up.
This year, in week 1, is the only thing even remotely relevant, and that still is a complete red herring given how far OSU has developed and progressed this year.

Not in the slightest. I was referencing something I said prior.

I'd be willing to wager that 100% of the players would want to play the extra game next week, have a shot at a Big Ten championship & a trip to the Rose Bowl
But that's just the silliness of fandom talking. There is no actual chance at the championship and Rose Bowl. No chance of beating OSU.

Why not let the men go out & attempt to win a Big Ten championship?
Wouldn't be an actual attempt. Would be a slaughter.

You remember when Mick was "protecting" Rocky? Because he knew better. And what happened? You're welcome

Top Bottom