Off the bandwagon

After seeing the low lights and given the vibe on this board, I'm so glad I did not watch the game. I can't say I'm surprised that we choked away another one given the program's stellar track record in this regard. It would be only seem fitting that our mantra become "Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory" with the following helmet logo:

image.jpg

Big Talkers on here. If you truly believe the season is over and we have a lame duck coach then actions speak louder than words. Give away your tix to the Ioaw game. Don't support this team. I'll help and take them. PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Talkers on here. If you truly believe the season is over and we have a lame duck coach then actions speak louder than words. Give away your tix to the Ioaw game. Don't support this team. I'll help and take them. PM me.

Why does thinking the coach isn't good mean you can't still have fun at games?

If I only took enjoyment of gopher football for winning then I'm pretty dumb

Well, I didn't single you out and if you read through the thread you might just find one or two folks that don't seem to be enjoying it.

So then you also take enjoyment from losing?

The U had only a certain amount of money available after pay outs to Mason and Brewster- who was a bargain basement hire.
Kill and his assistants were not only all they could afford but also perhaps the only candidates who would take the job.
None of them had experience in recruiting or coaching at the BIG level. It is what it is.
So where is the money coming from to hire a Kifflin away from AL or another FBS school?
Give the new AD a year or so more to talk to the alumni and look around the country to see what talent is available and how much it will cost.

Start getting cozy again with T. Denny Sanford.

Can you read? Is that really what you think I wrote?

My take from nobody and hatrick is that you were the brains behind the sales practices at Wells Fargo, you invented ISIS, and this past season you called the last play against Michigan.

Can you read? Is that really what you think I wrote?

Teams win or lose. If you dont only take enjoyment from winning then you must also take enjoyment from losing. Can you comprehend?

Going to games and being around other gopher fans is almost always fun.

Being around other gopher fans on this forum is not so much fun, and really it isn't even that fun here when they win....

Going to games and being around other gopher fans is almost always fun.

Being around other gopher fans on this forum is not so much fun, and really it isn't even that fun here when they win....

+1. I love coming here to stay updated on current events with the Gophers, and interact with the small population of sane fans who post here. The agenda-pushers and Chicken Littles keep getting worse and worse it seems.

There is just no middle ground on Gopher Hole. Apparently, the only choices are Blind Loyalty, or Utter Hatred.

Look, folks - I'm 61 years old - old enough to remember 1967, when the Gophers tied for the B1G title - but not really old enough to remember the last National Championship. Since the 60's, there have been some OK years, a few good years, and a lot of not-so-great years.

I still support the team, and I want them to win - but I try to keep it from dominating my life. Some day - whenever it comes - as I lay dying - I guarantee you the last words I utter will NOT BE "damn, my life is meaningless because the Gophers never won another B1G title."

short ornery norwegian;125576 I still support the team said:
The Gophers winning the B1G title might actually be what kills you.

Too morbid?

Sorry.

I get that there are other things to enjoy at a game i'm just not gonna be all golly gee they sure tried hard when they lose and be just as happy as when they win.

+1. I love coming here to stay updated on current events with the Gophers, and interact with the small population of sane fans who post here. The agenda-pushers and Chicken Littles keep getting worse and worse it seems.

You might think I'm a chicken little but I agree with you 100% here.

If I only took enjoyment from winning I should have picked a different team a long time ago. I'd rather win than lose, but I enjoy every game.

Teams win or lose. If you dont only take enjoyment from winning then you must also take enjoyment from losing. Can you comprehend?
You most definitely would not score well on a logic exam.

With that gutsy performance today I hope we didn't lose any bandwagon fans. One of the worst football games I have ever watched. I will be there on homecoming screaming in front of another packed house. Go Gophers, beat Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure why the outrage. I have watched this kind of football by the Gophers for a long time now. Once you accept that we are never going to be what other programs you can move on. It is entertainment. I knew that Penn State was going to tie the game in the last minute. I have been to all the debacles. I thought moving football outdoors would change the culture but it is the same old thing. We will always be mediocre with some highs and lows but never go above that. Maybe the new practice facility will help. I am a diehard fan and will continue to be but there is something unexplained that happens to the Gophers but does not happen to other teams. I will be there next week and I have absolutely know idea what is going to happen. I have seen it all. Hopefully Floyd comes home but I am not sure he wants to.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Corrosion of Conformity rears it's ugly head again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would again state, if you want 5-7 to 8-4 teams....sign TC to a lifetime contract. If our aspire to something more, have to give someone else a chance.

When the **** have you even been "on" the bandwagon?

Did not like the TC hire. Decided to give it a chance after seeing he was willing to make changes that I thought were necessary too. Lost hope after losing a game we should have won to a team I personally don't think is very good despite their big win tonight.

I question if we will ever win a big game with this regime.

I question if we will ever win a big game with this regime.

If we keep this coaching staff it is unlikely we will win big games. Need to make a change now. We lost 4 winnable games against good teams. Our coaching staff rarely makes 1/2 time adjustments, we were outscored in the 4th quarter by 45-3 by quality teams and their play calling is horrible.

Top Bottom