OC Candidates- Post Sanford

Fleck is still here. Fleck does not want a gun-slinging, pass-emphasis offense. He's made that crystal clear.

Also, Morgan comes back ..... just so he'll have to learn a brand new offensive scheme???

No chance.

It may not be Simon or Patterson, but the scheme will not change. That's what Fleck wants: consistency in the scheme.
Lame let us dream

Wouldn’t mind that.

You can run inside zone and outside zone and a ball control offense with an innovative passing game. Which is why I hope we go outside.
Rewatch that Auburn game….

Rewatch that Auburn game….

Here is a highlight video of the game.
how many non play-action drop back passes are in the highlight film?

2 and one was a highlight for auburn

our system works great when we are running the ball. When we can’t run the ball the play action doesn’t work and we don’t have an answer.
we didn’t have an answer the last two year with sanford.
we didn’t have an answer against wisconsin in 2019

it can work the way we have been doing it. I think if you could throw the ball better in a 5 step game you could increase the upside of the offense

I know Matt Simon seems like a no-brainer, but the OC also has to be able to recruit at a high level.
I'm concerned that this may be the reason he was passed over the first time and why Sanford was in charge of QB recruiting.
I think Simkn would just point to the WRs hes developed and had drafted.

Corey Davis, etc.

that should be an easy selling point for recruiting a QB

One of the unfortunate after-effects of Sid Hartman's passing is that we just don't get as many obligatory Marc Trestman mentions whenever a coaching vacancy opens up at the U or with the Vikings. I am dedicating this entry to the memory of Sid.

Now, who is going to suggest Mike Hohensee?

Here is a highlight video of the game.
how many non play-action drop back passes are in the highlight film?

2 and one was a highlight for auburn

our system works great when we are running the ball. When we can’t run the ball the play action doesn’t work and we don’t have an answer.
we didn’t have an answer the last two year with sanford.
we didn’t have an answer against wisconsin in 2019

it can work the way we have been doing it. I think if you could throw the ball better in a 5 step game you could increase the upside of the offense
His play calling flow in this game was pretty on point… we went for it on 4th &1s 3 times I think. Used the TE, much more in the intermediate passing game…

Personally, think PJ likes the young up and coming coach type, he was trying to hit with Sanford. Someone like Corey Dennis type from OH, we saw Stroud play against the Gophs... let's just say he wasn't impressive. OH fans were calling for him to get pulled at the game. Towards the end of the season, he was in the discussion for a Heisman. Young and good with QB's, excellent recruiter. Bring Jack Miller with him.

I'm not against Simon and he's got track record, but our Wr's this year were an issue...just saying
Wasn't he also the Passing Game Coordinator(?), whatever that means. The Passing Game left ALLOT to be desired this year.

The OC has to fit the culture Fleck has built and his conservative approach to game management. Kirk Ciarrocca or Matt Simon fit the bill but maybe Fleck has a better plan.

One of the unfortunate after-effects of Sid Hartman's passing is that we just don't get as many obligatory Marc Trestman mentions whenever a coaching vacancy opens up at the U or with the Vikings. I am dedicating this entry to the memory of Sid.

Now, who is going to suggest Mike Hohensee?
Marc Tressman was the second coming to Sid…. That’s pretty weird because I think Sid was Jewish…

But man Sid liked him.

I would try to hire away one of the Coastal Carolina coaches. Those guys are doing some pretty unique stuff down there.

I would try to hire away one of the Coastal Carolina coaches. Those guys are doing some pretty unique stuff down there.
Yeah, I think one of these programs ends up with Jamie Chadwell and it works out really well for them.

His play calling flow in this game was pretty on point… we went for it on 4th &1s 3 times I think. Used the TE, much more in the intermediate passing game…
Yup. What does that have to do with what I was talking about

Top Bottom