O-line on LeCaptain Run

Was not LeCaptain the player who received the vicious blind side block at the end of the Maryland game that enraged the players who saw it? He was down on the turf for awhile. Thankfully he was OK. Can somebody please remove the injury hex on the RB room please?
You are absolutely correct. Michael-Brown also took that targeting headshot on the sidelines and I was glad to see him back this week. That one needed to be called targeting just like when he was seemingly knocked out vs. Ohio State. That one still makes my blood boil big time.

You are absolutely correct. Michael-Brown also took that targeting headshot on the sidelines and I was glad to see him back this week. That one needed to be called targeting just like when he was seemingly knocked out vs. Ohio State. That one still makes my blood boil big time.
MBS seems to take a hard blow to the helmet every other week. It is especially enraging that no flags are ever thrown for the hits he takes.

LT - Ersery
LG - A Ruschmeyer
C - Boe
RG - Karter Shaw
RT - JJ Guedet
TE - Nick Kallerup

This could be your starting line next year depending on Andries.
Ruschmeyer is a Redshirt Sr but might have a COVID year left.
Also, Andries is also a possibility Fleck is continuing to recruit.
Those guys are going to be big for us next year. But let the record show that Cappy broke tackles or otherwise bounced off or blasted through about eight of Fitz' finest on that run. Wasn't much blocking involved.

Long term LeCaptain isn't likely to be a factor in at RB, but given our lack of depth, and how good our current OL is, I think we'd still have a functional running game if we had to use LeCaptain as our main back.
It is a true testament to how good our O-Line has been that it doesn't really seem to matter who we put back there. Kind of reminds me of Wisconsin when Ron Dayne was there. Dayne was not a great RB, but that O-Line was awesome and gave Dayne time to get some momentum going. Once that bowling ball got started he was super hard to bring down because he was so strong.

I was at the game. The genuine enthusiasm and joy the entire team had for the players in the game - on both our offense and defense - during the last 5 minutes was real. People, outsiders, naysayers can make light of it, but that was “culture” was on display.
Makes a big difference for practices (you work hard), meetings (you listen), you see other players (you lift them up with encouragement), and you have no issues studying for school as you're happy.

And supposedly that's the career record for the state of Wisconsin? It seems low (obviously that's a lot of yards, just low for the record). For comparison, MN has 12 guys with more career yards according to this: https://www.mnfootballcoaches.com/page/show/2273558-individual-rushing-records
My wife brought up that she saw he held some record in twitter. I briefly looked through the Wisconsin records and didn't see him listed nor his stats being high enough for any record.

My wife brought up that she saw he held some record in twitter. I briefly looked through the Wisconsin records and didn't see him listed nor his stats being high enough for any record.
Yeah I’ve seen several people say he had the record.

I was at the game. The genuine enthusiasm and joy the entire team had for the players in the game - on both our offense and defense - during the last 5 minutes was real. People, outsiders, naysayers can make light of it, but that was “culture” on display.
Versus this culture.
🤣

After the game, head coach Scott Frost questioned the teams’ edge after a third straight loss.

“I think edge is the problem. I think it’s the gritty competitor that’s going to go get it done when it matters,” Frost said, according to Parker Gabriel of the Lincoln Journal Star. “We had a chance to go recover the onside kick and, I have to see the replay, but I thought we had it. There’s the play. And there’s 20 of them in every game. There’s the play and we fail to make the play more often than we need to in order to win games.”

LB Jojo Domann did not appreciate the coaches’ words about edge and grit.

“It’s not a matter of want-to for us. You can’t challenge our want-to. The ‘man in the arena’ quote. That’s just unfair. Plain and simple,” Domann said,

Why is there so little interest, let alone excitement, about the possibilities that LeCaptain brings to the Gophers' already strong run game. I'd expect him to get 10+ carries a game from here on. No?
He gets carries in Kramer's Wildcat package. He becomes the crasher when Cole hands off and the lead blocker when the Cat keeps it. Look for Cappy to play a big role.

It is a true testament to how good our O-Line has been that it doesn't really seem to matter who we put back there. Kind of reminds me of Wisconsin when Ron Dayne was there. Dayne was not a great RB, but that O-Line was awesome and gave Dayne time to get some momentum going. Once that bowling ball got started he was super hard to bring down because he was so strong.
Gopher D once stuffed Ron Dayne four straight carries from 2-yards out.

Just a lame joke, not making fun of LeCaptain but just the exaggerated statement of running 70,000 yards. If you never saw the movie, Forest Gump was a guy who never stopped running.
Yes, I saw the movie. Thanks, understand.

Just a lame joke, not making fun of LeCaptain but just the exaggerated statement of running 70,000 yards. If you never saw the movie, Forest Gump was a guy who never stopped running.
Fleck said that with a smile. He tossed out a rediculous number as a way of saying, "this guy can play."

Maybe time to re-evaluate Sanford. Even Murray couldn't come up with a game plan that included Tanner The Blur sprinting 18 yards for a score, Walley running 25 yards for a TD, and a LB / ST guy obliterating the entire defense for a 24-yard TD. (I think that last NW guy Cappy blew up was Fitz himself).

And while we're at it, hats off to Rossi for having Fleck go for a leaping interception on the sideline.

It's never been me who has the problem separating sports, from politics on the different forums.
Not calling anyone out specifically. I believe I speak for many posters here that this is an escape from all of the nonsense spewing out of people regardless of what end of the spectrum they fall on. I'm not wishy-washy about such matters either!

The exchange of opinions and information are enjoyable for the most part even though I don't agree with the other person's ideology! Let's keep it that way hopefully!

Maybe time to re-evaluate Sanford. Even Murray couldn't come up with a game plan that included Tanner The Blur sprinting 18 yards for a score, Walley running 25 yards for a TD, and a LB / ST guy obliterating the entire defense for a 24-yard TD. (I think that last NW guy Cappy blew up was Fitz himself).
I missed the game due to being in a deer blind. Was Walley the guy who made the interception and touchdown? If so, was it given to him or did he make a play?

Top Bottom