Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
LT - Ersery
LG - A Ruschmeyer
C - Boe
RG - Karter Shaw
RT - JJ Guedet
TE - Nick Kallerup

This could be your starting line next year depending on Andries.
Ruschmeyer is a Redshirt Sr but might have a COVID year left.
Also, Andries is also a possibility Fleck is continuing to recruit.

I am not privy to our O Line situation, other than I know they are awesome and that we have lots up upper classmen. So you're saying we either graduate the starting 5 or they get drafted? (maybe Ruschmeyer comes back though)

LT - Ersery
LG - A Ruschmeyer
C - Boe
RG - Karter Shaw
RT - JJ Guedet
TE - Nick Kallerup

Also transfers and other recruits. But it’s hard to predict

I would guess that a video of LeCaptain's TD run will be shown at LeCaptain's family gatherings for the next 50 years - good for him!
I hope it's included in a long highlight reel of his rushes for his family to enjoy. I don't know why he wouldn't get ten-plus carries a game from here out.

So LeCaptain obviously has been practicing with the running backs, right (so he knew the plays, etc.)? He didn't just come off the bench (having never taken a snap in practice) and just pop off that run, did he?

Last edited:

So LeCaptain obviously has been practicing with the running backs, right (so he knew the plays, etc.)? He didn't just come off the bench (having never taken a snap in practice) and just pop off that run, did he?
Fleck said he’d been practicing with the RBs for a bit recently. So didn’t just come off the bench.

He also stated that there has been another player in the RB room that he did not want to identify yet.

LT - Ersery
LG - A Ruschmeyer
C - Boe
RG - Karter Shaw
RT - JJ Guedet
TE - Nick Kallerup

Yep.

We're going to lose a massive number of dudes on the OL after this year.

On one hand, I like the potential of a lot of these guys. On the other hand, I don't see any way that Fleck won't take some transfer portal guys. If nothing else, as a backup plan.

And yes, someone mentioned A Rusch is coming back next season for his super-senior covid year.

I know last year that Ersery played and started at RT, I believe against Nebraska, when we had a bunch of guys out. But they must be wanting him for LT to protect the blind side and think he'll be better suited for that than Guedet?

He also apparently ran for like 7000 yards, or something crazy, in high school.

Two things:

1) I love how Gophers players love and lift each other up. I've seen so many tweets like this the past few weeks and I'm rarely on Twitter. Great culture they've got. It really is obviously special.

2) If people still think our QBs are giving straight handoffs all the time and not reading the DE on zone, please just watch this handoff to LeCaptain and watch ZA's eyes. I see this all the time when watching replays of Morgan handing off as well. They're not reading every time (they mix in lots of stretch, power, and RPOs), but they do run straight inside zone read a lot.

Two things:

1) I love how Gophers players love and lift each other up. I've seen so many tweets like this the past few weeks and I'm rarely on Twitter. Great culture they've got. It really is obviously special.

2) If people still think our QBs are giving straight handoffs all the time and not reading the DE on zone, please just watch this handoff to LeCaptain and watch ZA's eyes. I see this all the time when watching replays of Morgan handing off as well. They're not reading every time (they mix in lots of stretch, power, and RPOs), but they do run straight inside zone read a lot.
I was at the game. The genuine enthusiasm and joy the entire team had for the players in the game - on both our offense and defense - during the last 5 minutes was real. People, outsiders, naysayers can make light of it, but that was “culture” on display.

Last edited:

The whole Gophers sideline went crazy when he scored. They all were watching that set of plays and when he kept going they began to move towards that end of the sidelines then basically erupted when he scored.

LT - Ersery
LG - A Ruschmeyer
C - Boe
RG - Karter Shaw
RT - JJ Guedet
TE - Nick Kallerup

There's also talk of Andries, and or Schmitz coming back. Bottom line is we'll be in good shape no matter what, but it's still fun to speculate on.

If we started the exact line-up listed in your post, we'd lack experience, but not maturity/time in the program, and that's important. Obviously you don't just replace this kind of OL, but we'd start Ersery (3rd year), Ruschmeyer (6th year), Boe (5th year), Shaw (5th year, 3 @ Utah St, 2 @ Mn) & Guedet (4th year). That's a pretty mature group, who've been in the system, practicing and hanging with the outgoing Sr's for a while now. It'd be a step down of course, but it would not be starting from scratch imo.

Of course you add in Andries, and/or Schmitz, and suddenly we become very strong again. Then there's the portal. I have to think our style of play, and the praise our OL get would be very attractive to potential transfers? If we get some OL drafted this year, even more so!!!

I see 5,199, but both Fleck & Ryan Burns say it was 7k+. I wonder if both are correct? i.e. Maybe 5,199 was regular season, and 7k+ includes the playoffs? For argument's sake, let's say his team played four playoff games per season, for four seasons, and he ran for 100+ yards in each game, that's 1600 yds and we're right in the 7k+ ballpark.

Was not LeCaptain the player who received the vicious blind side block at the end of the Maryland game that enraged the players who saw it? He was down on the turf for awhile. Thankfully he was OK. Can somebody please remove the injury hex on the RB room please?

There's also talk of Andries, and or Schmitz coming back. Bottom line is we'll be in good shape no matter what, but it's still fun to speculate on.

If we started the exact line-up listed in your post, we'd lack experience, but not maturity/time in the program, and that's important. Obviously you don't just replace this kind of OL, but we'd start Ersery (3rd year), Ruschmeyer (6th year), Boe (5th year), Shaw (5th year, 3 @ Utah St, 2 @ Mn) & Guedet (4th year). That's a pretty mature group, who've been in the system, practicing and hanging with the outgoing Sr's for a while now. It'd be a step down of course, but it would not be starting from scratch imo.

Of course you add in Andries, and/or Schmitz, and suddenly we become very strong again. Then there's the portal. I have to think our style of play, and the praise our OL get would be very attractive to potential transfers? If we get some OL drafted this year, even more so!!!
This.

Your sports posts are so, so, soooooo (painfully so) much better than your other posts.

Why is there so little interest, let alone excitement, about the possibilities that LeCaptain brings to the Gophers' already strong run game. I'd expect him to get 10+ carries a game from here on. No?

Drafted players won't pay dividends for transfer for at least one year and high school players for a couple. It would be good to get that monkey off our back and start to truly compete with Wisconsin and Iowa for recruits.

Burns said Dino Kaliakmanis was practicing with the RBs last week.
Dino would make a lot of sense as well as an emergency option. The LeCaptain thing is awesome but he probably isn't a true long term solution. But damn that TD was awesome, and that kid is clearly loved by his teammates.

Dino would make a lot of sense as well as an emergency option. The LeCaptain thing is awesome but he probably isn't a true long term solution. But damn that TD was awesome, and that kid is clearly loved by his teammates.
Long term LeCaptain isn't likely to be a factor in at RB, but given our lack of depth, and how good our current OL is, I think we'd still have a functional running game if we had to use LeCaptain as our main back.

Top Bottom